Sympathy for the Devil

DNTULSA

Senior
Sep 22, 2009
Gentlemen Mechanics,

I think you are being too hard on AA management. After all peak performance at the marble room in the white house at TULE does not transalate to common sense in running a company or in handling employees.

If the head muckey mucks at AA really wish to straighten this company out, they should hire all new upper management from successful airline companies such as Southwest or Delta.

I wish that the TWU could be replaced with a competant union, but I don't think any of those exist anymore. Sadly, you are stuck with what you've got.

What I find amazing is in the 1113c motion AA claims that CBA proposals made in Pilot negotiations from 2006 until the eve of the C11 filing were far too generous and wouldn't have prevented the C11 filing.

Then they turn right around and claim the same fools making these sure to fail proposals are under paid and they cannot reduce their pay or they will be unable to retain such "talent".

I would think that if your negotiators were proposing changes in negotiations that would have failed, that AA would be firing and replacing those stooges instead of working hard to retain them and the cost of their pay.

The Devil you have sympathy for speaks with forked tonque.

Gentlemen Mechanics,

I think you are being too hard on AA management. After all peak performance at the marble room in the white house at TULE does not transalate to common sense in running a company or in handling employees.

If the head muckey mucks at AA really wish to straighten this company out, they should hire all new upper management from successful airline companies such as Southwest or Delta.

I wish that the TWU could be replaced with a competant union, but I don't think any of those exist anymore. Sadly, you are stuck with what you've got.

Gentleman Mechanics? Does that include the line?

I do not believe that AA wants to rid itself of the TWU.

From what understand the mechanics union at Southwest and Alaska are rather competent.

whats the lastest in the rumor mill in tulsa
One of the big questions from the original term sheet, was whether the company was going to have a ASM (airframe support mechanic).

It appears that with company filing today, that issue is gone. However from what I have read, the company, if granted will have limitless use of OSM's, up to FAA limitations.

Humm Question------ Why does the former head of 530 have a tranfer in from DWH to DFW? What does he know that he not telling? Kind of odd it seems to me.

Humm Question------ Why does the former head of 530 have a tranfer in from DWH to DFW? What does he know that he not telling? Kind of odd it seems to me.
Read the Mechanic and Related docket. DWH is to be separated from DFW as a stand alone maintenance base. With the TWU, it is just a job protection method. However will the union leadership be red circled?

Back