TAESL closing January 31

DNTULSA said:
Is Gary Yingst trustworthy?
I can tell you I would not be employed if it wasn't for him.  He saved my job about 20 years ago.  But the number (78) is not official.  It is the word they are getting from TAESL.  I guess they don't have to make final decisions till the end of the week so it could change some.

Well today at 10am was the deadline for accepting or declining our selection. I guess it's reasonable that it would take a couple days to come up with a final list of 'who got what'. TUL, MIA, ORD and SFO seem to be the most common choices outside of the local stuff. I talked to a few that chose LAX.

If anyone is interested, Tinker AFB in OKC is hiring 1000 folks in aircraft maintenance. Check WWW.USAJOBS.GOV. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

Reactions: 2 people
OldGuy@AA said:
I can tell you I would not be employed if it wasn't for him.  He saved my job about 20 years ago.  But the number (78) is not official.  It is the word they are getting from TAESL.  I guess they don't have to make final decisions till the end of the week so it could change some.
One of the 5% that need a union, otherwise they couldn't hold a job.

Reactions: 2 people
TopCat870 said:
Does he still wear the turtle neck shirts?
No turtle necks anymore.  Keeps his hair short now too.  He does move slower though since he had hip replacement.  I know he is not popular here but he had my back years ago and I never forget someone doing me good like that.  

Reactions: 1 person
OldGuy@AA said:
No turtle necks anymore.  Keeps his hair short now too.  He does move slower though since he had hip replacement.  I know he is not popular here but he had my back years ago and I never forget someone doing me good like that.
Maybe you should attach a pic of him on here, so the guys can see his new haircut.

ATD said:
he saved your job but rumor has it he resign from his post this week. my mole at 514 told me.
This was confirmed today.  Gary Yingst did indeed step down as local 514 Vice President.  

Latest posts