Tattooed Flight Attendants?

hannah1211

Feb 11, 2004
Hello,
I am interested in beginning a career as a flight attendant. I am a 22 year old female and in great physical and moral shape but I have one question... I have some tattoos and body piercings, is this automatically disqualifying for employment.? What are your thoughts, feelings, and/or JBlue company policy on females with body art. Do you or any of your female flight attendant colleagues have tattoos or piercings? if so, how well does the uniform cover them, etc....Thanks in advance from an aspiring flight attendant!!!
-Hannah

If they don't show, it won't matter! If you have pierced your face or tongue...well,...I don't think that will go over to well.

jetblue does not allow cewmembers to have their tatoos or excessuce piercings in public, just like any other airline. If you have a tatoo on you ankle lower leg, you have to wear pants or dark stocking. If you have a tatoo on your arms, you have to wear long sleeves, even in the summer. I would take out your piercings when you go to the interview becuase they are against comapn policy. good luck.

I'm sure there are pilots out there who have discovered some of each (tattoos/piercings) that never see the light of day! B)

Attachments

• newest_tat_pics_009.jpg
    newest_tat_pics_009.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 592
  • newest_tat_pics_010.jpg
    newest_tat_pics_010.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 924
  • newest_tat_pics_013.jpg
    newest_tat_pics_013.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 494
  • newest_tat_pics_014.jpg
    newest_tat_pics_014.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 570
  • newest_tat_pics_016.jpg
    newest_tat_pics_016.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 508
Hello,

I say go for the interivew. Just make sure that you have long sleeves. Most companies state:

Tattoos/Body piercing

Tattoos must not be visible while in uniform or on duty (Bus-to-terminal property to hotel)

Visible body piercing is not permitted, with the exception of pierced ear lobs for females.

Tongue, nose, eyebrow, or any other type of visible body piercing jewelry is not permitted.

Hope that helps..
Good luck with your interivew

Just make sure that your tattoos are covered up for your interview..... I am sure you will do fine.