Team Twu "we Just Came To Debate"

Buck said:
MCI AFL-CIO said:
Buck, Did you sign the petition your steward brought to you to stop Bush venture to derail overtime? That is to help all workers, not only TWU workforce, but also will aid the non union workforce........... Once again, a show of what AFL-CIO has done for the entire workforce thru out the years, not just the last 5 or even 10 years, Its a sad day when we hear faithful union members speak out against the advantages of AFL-CIO
I have my father, His father, and his father before him to THANK for what I have today, and Yes, I WANT TO THANK YOUR FATHER AND YOUR FATHERS FATHER ALSO
I am not allowed to participate in the TWU political arena, this is by choice. Although I do pay dues for collective bargaining and contract administration. These items are also withheld from me. As for this petition, not one shop steward approached myself or my coworkers on my shift to sign any petition. Could it be that my shift does not have a shop steward? I have no problem with helping other unions, what I have problem with is the TWU promoting this issue and then granting overtime concessions in my contract. As for the AFL-CIO, if they would stick to labor issues I might consider them to be labor friendly. It is their deviation from labor issues into the far left agenda that I have issue with. I also have a problem with the actions of so called union men and women who attack fellow union members seeking information for democratic change.

Our fathers etc... Our Labor Fathers... would be appalled at the concessions that the TWU has granted over the last twenty years. Everything that they fought for is being destroyed by the TWU.
Our fathers etc... Our Labor Fathers... would be appalled at the concessions that the TWU has granted over the last twenty years. Everything that they fought for is being destroyed by the TWU.

Buck, this is not true. Our Labor fathers would certainly be applauding all, as we go about the structures given us as long as we stay within the democratic process, and Buck that is what we did as a whole, Our Labor fathers fought for our rights to act and vote democratic. Regarding concessions, Buck, It was a democratic process, the majority, as should be, won. So, Everything they fought for Buck is not being destroyed by the TWU, But because of what our labor fathers did, THE TWU has guidelines to follow

As for the AFL-CIO, if they would stick to labor issues I might consider them to be labor friendly. It is their deviation from labor issues into the far left agenda that I have issue with. I also have a problem with the actions of so called union men and women who attack fellow union members seeking information for democratic change.

Buck, whatlabor issues with the AFL-CIO are you referring to? Far LEft? in what way?
Buck, I also have problems with the actions of so called union men and women who attack another, I came here to watch and learn, trying to interpret what others have tried to state, and ended seeing hostile remarks, wishing harm to those who post against them and in another way, I have left here with a sick feeling hearing a person here claim to be a true union member, wishing death or harm to the leader of the TWU, to me this is SICK, I dont ccare who it is or why, I will never wish harm or especially death to anyone
I have said it before and I will say again, You can see and learn alot about what another person says and means in his/her posts. I have a lot of repsect for most posters here. I have stated here before, how I repect Dave Stewart for his views, Dave is a very smart and talented man, as is Don Rogers and You Buck, most of the time we can all post are opinions, thats why we are here.
I always wondered why tho, with the talent in TUlsa, Dave, Don, Buck, AMFA DAN, ETC, if everyone would channel this talent and use it towards helping build what local you already have and strenthen your membership

MCI AFL-CIO said:
Buck said:
MCI AFL-CIO said:
Buck, Did you sign the petition your steward brought to you to stop Bush venture to derail overtime? That is to help all workers, not only TWU workforce, but also will aid the non union workforce........... Once again, a show of what AFL-CIO has done for the entire workforce thru out the years, not just the last 5 or even 10 years, Its a sad day when we hear faithful union members speak out against the advantages of AFL-CIO
I have my father, His father, and his father before him to THANK for what I have today, and Yes, I WANT TO THANK YOUR FATHER AND YOUR FATHERS FATHER ALSO
I am not allowed to participate in the TWU political arena, this is by choice. Although I do pay dues for collective bargaining and contract administration. These items are also withheld from me. As for this petition, not one shop steward approached myself or my coworkers on my shift to sign any petition. Could it be that my shift does not have a shop steward? I have no problem with helping other unions, what I have problem with is the TWU promoting this issue and then granting overtime concessions in my contract. As for the AFL-CIO, if they would stick to labor issues I might consider them to be labor friendly. It is their deviation from labor issues into the far left agenda that I have issue with. I also have a problem with the actions of so called union men and women who attack fellow union members seeking information for democratic change.

Buck, this is not true. Our Labor fathers would certainly be applauding all, as we go about the structures given us as long as we stay within the democratic process, and Buck that is what we did as a whole, Our Labor fathers fought for our rights to act and vote democratic. Regarding concessions, Buck, It was a democratic process, the majority, as should be, won. So, Everything they fought for Buck is not being destroyed by the TWU, But because of what our labor fathers did, THE TWU has guidelines to follow

As for the AFL-CIO, if they would stick to labor issues I might consider them to be labor friendly. It is their deviation from labor issues into the far left agenda that I have issue with. I also have a problem with the actions of so called union men and women who attack fellow union members seeking information for democratic change.

Buck, whatlabor issues with the AFL-CIO are you referring to? Far LEft? in what way?
Buck, I also have problems with the actions of so called union men and women who attack another, I came here to watch and learn, trying to interpret what others have tried to state, and ended seeing hostile remarks, wishing harm to those who post against them and in another way, I have left here with a sick feeling hearing a person here claim to be a true union member, wishing death or harm to the leader of the TWU, to me this is SICK, I dont ccare who it is or why, I will never wish harm or especially death to anyone
I have said it before and I will say again, You can see and learn alot about what another person says and means in his/her posts. I have a lot of repsect for most posters here. I have stated here before, how I repect Dave Stewart for his views, Dave is a very smart and talented man, as is Don Rogers and You Buck, most of the time we can all post are opinions, thats why we are here.
I always wondered why tho, with the talent in TUlsa, Dave, Don, Buck, AMFA DAN, ETC, if everyone would channel this talent and use it towards helping build what local you already have and strenthen your membership
The Labor Fathers would not be applauding. In fact from almost the very day I became a union man, the Old Guys preached to me to never, never give anything you gain in negotiations away. That is all the TWU has done from the very year prior to my employment. It is the philosophical differences in the TWU and AMFA that are keeping the membership apart. AMFA representation looks to represent mechanic and related to enhance their profession and to increase their worth. The TWU has no respect for the mechanic craft and class and attempts to destroy it by increasing or maintaining jobs no matter the cost to negotiated labor gains of the past. This is where the TWU gets accused of being only interested in dues. If there is democracy within the TWU, there would be no opposition to having an election to determine who would represent the mechanic and related. The TWU would gladly participate in an election because there would be no worries concerning the challenger.

The AFL-CIO may be labor friendly, but they have not been the friend of the airline industry members for many years. My vision of the issues the AFL-CIO or a division of, should concern themselves with are those that pertain to my profession and those affecting the industry I work in. The union should not blindly follow one particular party platform. I have met and work with many members who do not vote the straight party democrat ticket. This particular side of the political spectrum is against their very core beliefs. Does that make them bad union members? You are not going to change their position concerning their core beliefs.

As for anyone wishing for the demise of another, I believe we all agree that this is not anyones true belief. People are very angry right now and it is the very concessionary contracts to are pushing these people into making statements of this kind.

The individuals you have listed here believe very strongly in unionism. Just because it is not the TWU vision, does that make them wrong? The TWU will never recover from the division that they have brought upon themselves.Unionism is changing in our industry and those who fail to change with it are going to left behind.

coffin1.jpg

Back