Terrorist Holds Congress Hostage and Demands Legislation

Ch. 12

Veteran
Nov 24, 2002
Senate Passes Eavesdropping Bill

Funny how Bushie can get his way by telling Congress they won't get to go home. Do you really think that this bill passed b/c we wanted to expand our illegal spying program or b/c the shallow senators from both sides couldn't stomach the thought of a shortened vacation?

Bush is a terrorist with Congress constantly threatening extreme actions unless his demands are met. Where is the real national security threat?

Really?

I bet you'll be first in line with demands when the next incident goes down,

So Bush knows how to play politics....seems he's smarter than you admit.

I trust the House will not adjourn before passing this critical legislation on to the president for his signature."

Nowhere does it say or indicate Bush threatened to make them stay.....they only would have looked foolish and given the other side fodder for fall elections if they let this piece lie.

A terrorist constantly threatening Congress with extreme measures unless his demands are met? :lol: :lol:

care to give a list or is it your just foaming at the mouth? :rolleyes:

You mean threatening to use his presidential authority to call Congress back to session (last done by Truman in '48) if they didn't pass HIS form of the eavesdropping bill? Now...I can only fault him with the threat...the idiots on both sides of the aisle in Congress are shallow enough to risk passing a bill that they don't approve of over missing their summer break.

Other than that? Have you not seen his signing statements? He has threatened nearly every major bill sent to him with a veto unless Congress agrees to add stipulations (if a congressman would do it, it would be called pork) to the bill. He coerced Congress into giving up its power to declare war and passing it onto the Executive branch...allowing a wreckless invasion of an innocent country. Where have you been for the past 7 years?!

Yes i've seen his veto threats which BTW is his prerogative...and I believe most every prez before him used that right.

correct...most have used vetoes. However...for the executive to draft legislation (as in his signing clauses), that is unconstitutional. The legislature writes the law...not the executive. What he has been doing with his signing clauses is a kind of blackmail and definitely is beyond his authority. Tell him to be a man and veto rather than a rat and sneaking things into bills. Isn't this the same crap he bashes Congress about? Adding pork to bills to get them passed?

You mean threatening to use his presidential authority to call Congress back to session (last done by Truman in '48) if they didn't pass HIS form of the eavesdropping bill? Now...I can only fault him with the threat...the idiots on both sides of the aisle in Congress are shallow enough to risk passing a bill that they don't approve of over missing their summer break.

Other than that? Have you not seen his signing statements? He has threatened nearly every major bill sent to him with a veto unless Congress agrees to add stipulations (if a congressman would do it, it would be called pork) to the bill. He coerced Congress into giving up its power to declare war and passing it onto the Executive branch...allowing a wreckless invasion of an innocent country. Where have you been for the past 7 years?!

Oh my gawd....'W' wields the veto threat like any other and he's a terrorist, seriously ch 12 your hatred of Bush has driven you insane. :wacko:

correct...most have used vetoes. However...for the executive to draft legislation (as in his signing clauses), that is unconstitutional. The legislature writes the law...not the executive. What he has been doing with his signing clauses is a kind of blackmail and definitely is beyond his authority. Tell him to be a man and veto rather than a rat and sneaking things into bills. Isn't this the same crap he bashes Congress about? Adding pork to bills to get them passed?

So he uses an inverse line item veto?

I guess it really does not matter what the report says anymore since he has already made up his mind.

Making it clear he will resist congressional pressure next month for an early withdrawal, he signalled that US troops, whom he hailed as the "greatest force for human liberation the world has ever known", will be in Iraq as long as he is president. He also said the consequences of leaving "without getting the job done would be devastating", and "the enemy would follow us home"

I guess it really does not matter what the report says anymore since he has already made up his mind.

Making it clear he will resist congressional pressure next month for an early withdrawal, he signalled that US troops, whom he hailed as the "greatest force for human liberation the world has ever known", will be in Iraq as long as he is president. He also said the consequences of leaving "without getting the job done would be devastating", and "the enemy would follow us home"

You forgot to add:

The next administration,whether Dem or GOP will still have troops in Iraq for a rather long time.....

You forgot to add:

The next administration,whether Dem or GOP will still have troops in Iraq for a rather long time.....
True enough...thank's dubya. It'd be a lot easier to swallow if we still had troops in a country that actually DID something to us instead of a country that didn't.

You forgot to add:

Yes, W will be causing the death of more troops long after he is out of office. Unfortunately there is probably very little that can be done to change that out come.

BTW, given how he has screwed up everything he has touched, there is not a chance in hell that the Reps will keep the White House. Your only hope is for the Dem candidate to make a huge mistake. LIke shooting someone in the face ....Ops, never mind you have already got that one covered.