The 2011 Depression

I am sure you do not mean to imply that what happens today has no impact on what happens tomorrow, or are you? Surely some of what is going on now is a result of what transpired prior to Jan 19, 2009 right?
What I'm saying us there is plenty of blame to go around, but for the dems to lay this depression at the feets of the republicans is bull. The dems were involved up to there neck in it way before and during the Bush administration.

Who's idea was it to give mortages to people with crap credit and no steady income or employment? Hint: It wasn't the banks...does CRA, Fannie/Freddie ring a bell?

Who's brainchild was it? Hint: The party of "let's spread the wealth around."

Now that they are in power they have done nothing except make it worse. And its going to get even worse beyond anyone's expectations. Thanks to the current administration.

But then again, anyone with two eyes and ears of their own can see it already.

What I'm saying us there is plenty of blame to go around, but for the dems to lay this depression at the feets of the republicans is bull. The dems were involved up to there neck in it way before and during the Bush administration.

Who's idea was it to give mortages to people with crap credit and no steady income or employment? Hint: It wasn't the banks...does CRA, Fannie/Freddie ring a bell?

Who's brainchild was it? Hint: The party of "let's spread the wealth around."

Now that they are in power they have done nothing except make it worse. And its going to get even worse beyond anyone's expectations. Thanks to the current administration.

But then again, anyone with two eyes and ears of their own can see it already.

Has either party or individual from either party accepted any responsibility for the problems we are having? Have any republicans laid the blame entirely at the feet of Obama/dems? Seems read some of your posts you are doing exactly that. If I am mistaken, please link a post where you acknowledge that Bush/repubicans are partially to blame.

Politics is about blaming the other guy even though you are in it up to your neck as well.

Has either party or individual from either party accepted any responsibility for the problems we are having? Have any republicans laid the blame entirely at the feet of Obama/dems? Seems read some of your posts you are doing exactly that. If I am mistaken, please link a post where you acknowledge that Bush/repubicans are partially to blame.

Politics is about blaming the other guy even though you are in it up to your neck as well.

Facts don't lie, politicians, msm, and liberal progressives make an art out of it. Still doesn't excuse the fact the the liberal progressive agenda in the USA has there fingerprints all over this mess. They try to divert by yelping "what about bush!" or "look Sarah Palin". Now they have egg all over their face for the entire nation to see.

The blame bush meme isn't cutting it anymore. When the dems took over congress in 2007 the deficit was 200 billion, we are currently approaching 1.325 trillion and will explode even further. Everything that has been done "stimulate" the economy has done nothing more then depress the economy even further.

That's your hope and change.

Was that question regarding the economy dapoes? No it was not. If you had bothered to read the posts on this thread you would have figured that out.

It's funny, the same people who say blaming Bush does not cut it anymore are usually the same people who will tried to blame Clinton for everything when Bush was in office. But I take it you never have done that have you dapoes?

Isn’t that what you are doing, trying to lay this recession at the feat of one party. You contradict yourself all within one paragraph. The one thing you did get right is that you really can't lay this on one person, or party's doorstep. People try to do it but the facts say otherwise.

And who said this was a depression, you? I'm sorry but remembering the stories I heard from my grandparents, and reading history books, this is not a depression. Back then if your bank went under your money was gone. Now the FDIC steps in. While 10% unemployment is not good it does not come close to the 25% unemployment of the 1930's. If you are unemployed now there's unemployment, back then you were SOL.

Isn’t that what you are doing, trying to lay this recession at the feat of one party.
No not really, i am merely countering the blame bush/repubs meme to show the dems were deeply involved and then some. "Stimulus" ring a bell or are you actually buying into the liberal coined term "Jobless Recovery". Im not stimulated at all, are you?

You contradict yourself all within one paragraph.
That's my right as a woman.

The one thing you did get right is that you really can't lay this on one person, or party's doorstep. People try to do it but the facts say otherwise.
Yeah sure, 200 bill deficit in 2007 when dems took over, now 1.3 trillion and the economy is in the crapper and getting worse. Thanks to the democratic party 100%.

And who said this was a depression, you? I'm sorry but remembering the stories I heard from my grandparents, and reading history books, this is not a depression. Back then if your bank went under your money was gone. Now the FDIC steps in. While 10% unemployment is not good it does not come close to the 25% unemployment of the 1930's. If you are unemployed now there's unemployment, back then you were SOL.
A depression is not defined by what happen in the previous century. It is by what is happening now.

Facts don't lie, politicians, msm, and liberal progressives make an art out of it. Still doesn't excuse the fact the the liberal progressive agenda in the USA has there fingerprints all over this mess. They try to divert by yelping "what about bush!" or "look Sarah Palin". Now they have egg all over their face for the entire nation to see.

Is this your version of saying that the republicans are just as dirty as dems?

Nope, nothing dirtier and scummier then a liberal/progressive democrat. Case in point.

I counter your Wrangle with Ginrich, Haggard, Foley, and a few others whos names I cannot recall. We can go back and forth all day all month and all year. Like I said, dems and repubs are equally dirty and equally reprehensible.

The blame bush meme isn't cutting it anymore. When the dems took over congress in 2007 the deficit was 200 billion, we are currently approaching 1.325 trillion and will explode even further. Everything that has been done "stimulate" the economy has done nothing more then depress the economy even further.

That's your hope and change.
Link
Bush vs. Obama - Jobs.gif

In the last year of the Bush administration, the monthly job loss numbers built steadily to a peak which then began to reverse itself during Obama's first year.

Link
View attachment 8805

In the last year of the Bush administration, the monthly job loss numbers built steadily to a peak which then began to reverse itself during Obama's first year.

Maybe you should have researched further on the same site? Also gov propaganda does not equate to anything resembling factual data.

Without BLS Seasonal Shenanigans, Unemployment Is Surging To Record Highs.

and sooooo where are the jobs?

Stimulus was a massive epic failure

Unemployment-Stimulus-chart-October.jpg

Job loss per state : http://www.goiam.org/images/articles/news/iam-news/multimedia.htm

Link
View attachment 8805

I think you may have overlooked a key bit of information...........................

Now, whether this was the result of Obama's and Bush's policies... or whether it's just a matter of timing, is obviously open for debate.

We know what Speaker Pelosi would have you believe.

Latest posts

Back