The $39,530 question

Just think, you can destroy the pay structure for the entire industry with your yes vote. But there will be enough "I got mine" people to make it interesting. Hopefully the rest of us will out vote them.

Just think, you can destroy the pay structure for the entire industry with your yes vote. But there will be enough "I got mine" people to make it interesting. Hopefully the rest of us will out vote them.

+1 ..... Doesn't help that the toilet workers union and company are both conspiring to pit O/H against line,.....station against station to get a yes vote.

+1 ..... Doesn't help that the toilet workers union and company are both conspiring to pit O/H against line,.....station against station to get a yes vote.
I'm in no way defending the TWU but if you were Jim Little what would you do? His job is to protect the members as a whole. That means jobs for as many as possible at a liveable wage. (we can debate the liveable wage later)
My point is: As long as enough votes keep the TWU in place at AA we can expect results exactly like this. As frustrating as that is it's just a fact that more people like the TWU than not. (especially when the dead and retired are counted)
Maybe enough guys see the street or an OSM pay rate as their future and will vote NO on this and someday we can send the TWU packing. But something tells me this will be a closer vote than we think. The International has always been pretty good at pleasing just enough and scaring just enough to get deals done. Otherwise known as pitting us against each other.

I'm in no way defending the TWU but if you were Jim Little what would you do? His job is to protect the members as a whole. That means jobs for as many as possible at a liveable wage. (we can debate the liveable wage later)

Jim little is doing nothing but protecting himself and the Unions interest. Not the ones (us) who pay him and who he represents . This is not a livable wage or livable contract ...... this will set the industry to an all new low and start a domino effect to the bottom.

A race to the bottom is what I call it.

I would rather see AA take a bigger slice of the market via merger than to set off this latest race to the bottom. Just look at what we have given up already. Our weekends gone, half our holidays still gone, sick pay mostly gone, shift differential not a chance, retirement a thing of the past, MRT gone with the wind. Did we wait all this time for this?

The rest of the industry will cuss us for years.

I would rather see AA take a bigger slice of the market via merger than to set off this latest race to the bottom. Just look at what we have given up already. Our weekends gone, half our holidays still gone, sick pay mostly gone, shift differential not a chance, retirement a thing of the past, MRT gone with the wind. Did we wait all this time for this?

[/u
]

We are following what the rest of the legacy carriers have already done in BK, this is not new ground we are breaking here.
We were the last carrier to do nearly all of maintenance in house.

Jim little is doing nothing but protecting himself and the Unions interest. Not the ones (us) who pay him and who he represents . This is not a livable wage or livable contract ...... this will set the industry to an all new low and start a domino effect to the bottom.
I guess you haven't noticed that the union is a business and Jim Little is the CEO. If and when a majority of those he represents feel he doesn't represent them, he and his union will be voted out and replaced. That is us.
Yeah the contract sucks.

Worked for airways and we took cuts in holidays,personal days,and frozen wages. Don't think airways will be the white knight coming to save employees. Its all business and no matter what promises are made,when they get what they want they can give any excuse as to why they cannot deliver on campaign type promises. :(

Vote yes and bow to your master, or vote it down and have it imposed after abrogation.

Your union is selling out what used to be a decent profession to save jobs over the short term.

I will say it again. Paycuts do not save jobs over the long term. Keep the pay and benefits as high as you can for those that will stay. Fight for recall language. At least you will have a job worth coming back to if you are one who cannot do better outside AA.

Of course you will have to fight the TWU for that. AA would probably give you less head count for better wages and benefits.

Good luck to all of you.

Idiots... HOW MANY CAN TAKE IT? The proposed contract doesn't specify exactly how many will be allowed to exercise does it? Is it 2000? 200? 20? or 2? Or is it everyone that's eligible?

Idiots... HOW MANY CAN TAKE IT? The proposed contract doesn't specify exactly how many will be allowed to exercise does it? Is it 2000? 200? 20? or 2? Or is it everyone that's eligible?
Sounds like everyone who meets either of the eligibility criteria:

1. Eligibility: Any TWU represented employee covered by the Mechanic and Related, Fleet Service, Stock Clerk, Dispatch or Maintenance Control Technician agreement who is on active payroll or an approved Leave of Absence as of DOS.
http://www.twubkfacts.org/Portals/39/votingdocs/FullTextMR.pdf (page 304)

I guess you haven't noticed that the union is a business and Jim Little is the CEO. If and when a majority of those he represents feel he doesn't represent them, he and his union will be voted out and replaced. That is us.
Yeah the contract sucks.

Preaching to the choir,..... it just sucks to have to fight the Union and the Company for a decent wage,..... no need to sell me on what TWU stands for...... just totally flaberghasted that there are still so many that support this Union and have over the years... Now its blatent and in your face mis-representation.......hopefully the knuckleheads that have kept this Union in power will see the light for those that are left.

Preaching to the choir,..... it just sucks to have to fight the Union and the Company for a decent wage,..... no need to sell me on what TWU stands for...... just totally flaberghasted that there are still so many that support this Union and have over the years... Now its blatent and in your face mis-representation.......hopefully the knuckleheads that have kept this Union in power will see the light for those that are left.

Look NO Further than..........the ' majority ' of TWU members, who work in the states of Oklahoma, and Texas, that have (for DAM near ' 50 ' years) Guaranteed the TWU/airline division's Looong term Health !!!

Sorry OKIE's, but ...... It IS what it IS !!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like everyone who meets either of the eligibility criteria:
"The Company maintains discretion as to the number of employees provided this Early Out incentive allowance......."
Would they be willing to shell out $39,000,000 for 1,000 AMT's to separate, not to mention the other work groups?

Back