The $39,530 question

The creditors, company, and judge, want at least 50% of the employees happy, and hope we vote this POS contract in. Do you really think that the judge is going to throw out the contract completely and have 0% of the employee's happy when the company is trying to exit bankrupcy? We will get this POS ta as the last best offer without being locked into a 8 year deal.. Vote NO and let's negotiate further and get rid of the twu. Where are the AMFA cards!!!!!!!

The creditors, company, and judge, want at least 50% of the employees happy, and hope we vote this POS contract in. Do you really think that the judge is going to throw out the contract completely and have 0% of the employee's happy when the company is trying to exit bankrupcy? We will get this POS ta as the last best offer without being locked into a 8 year deal.. Vote NO and let's negotiate further and get rid of the twu. Where are the AMFA cards!!!!!!!

OH Im sorry did I miss the part when we turn this down and the company goes to the judge to to completely shred our contract that the judge will side with us and make us the top payed mechanics in the industry and return everything we gave back in 2003.
Or better yet why don't you explain exactly what happens when this gets turned down? Maybe the judge will give us the term sheet and a whole lot more. Sure that happens all the time. The judge will side with the company. Plain and simple

<_< ------- Probably old news, but I thought I'd through it out there anyway! http://news.yahoo.com/american-airlines-chief-labor-negotiator-leave-164216141--finance.html

If System Protection is a requirement for the full payout and the early out is part of the yes contract, which at the point of ratification system protection ceases, who is eligible?

<_< ------- Probably old news, but I thought I'd through it out there anyway! http://news.yahoo.com/american-airlines-chief-labor-negotiator-leave-164216141--finance.html

Don't get your hopes up. He is staying on as an "advisor" to D. Lynn until he has succeeded in screwing over the unions. See the thread entitled, Move VPs leaving. I posted a portion of his "letter" to employees there.

Looks as if in the future we will no longer be Human Resources but merely People!!

OH Im sorry did I miss the part when we turn this down and the company goes to the judge to to completely shred our contract that the judge will side with us and make us the top payed mechanics in the industry and return everything we gave back in 2003.
Or better yet why don't you explain exactly what happens when this gets turned down? Maybe the judge will give us the term sheet and a whole lot more. Sure that happens all the time. The judge will side with the company. Plain and simple
Sorry man, still a Hell NO !!!! Don't care to be locked into a 8 year deal working next to US Air mechanics making 10 bucks more an hour. Grow a pair! Once the creditors realize that this management team has lost complete control of their labor, they will authorize a merger, that's not what Tom wants.

The executive shuffling and retirements announced by American Airlines on Tuesday has led one Wall Street analyst to believe that the company may be worried about a potential US Airways bid.

Gimme Credit analyst Vicki Bryan said American's labor troubles have lasted for more than decade and under former senior vice president Jeff Brundage's watch, the carrier's relationships with its union have deteriorated to the point where the unions are publicly supporting US Airways.

"AMR seems to be signaling that it has become alarmed enough by recent developments to suddenly sack the veteran wrangler of its decade-long position toward labor. This could mean AMR has sensed that either the bankruptcy court is becoming attracted to the US Airways plan versus its own restructuring plan or that the court is just plain losing confidence in AMR management's ability to manage its way out of this mess," Bryan wrote in an investor note on Wednesday.

-Andrea Ahles

So................which are you? An old timer ready to retire? Or a new hire scared for your job? I'm pretty sure you are in Tule.

One thing mechanic...the company can NOT impose more than the term sheets. That is spelled out in black and white.
But you are correct, that a judge almost all the time sides with the company. His priority is the company. Employees are last and basically non essential as far as he is concerned.

I hear old timers saying they will not take the stand in stead because you don't get your pension? Is that true? I cannot find any info in print anywhere.

I hear old timers saying they will not take the stand in stead because you don't get your pension? Is that true? I cannot find any info in print anywhere.

I can't find it anywhere either. All it says that if you accept the early out provisions, you agree to forfeit all seniority and recall rights.
As bad as things are, does it even seem rational to think ANYONE would take the $39,530 AND FORFEIT A PENSION?

But it would be interesting to hear how the oldtimers learned of that..

But maybe there is another AGE provison we don't know about? Besides only being able to take this if you are at least 45 and have 15 years of service?

If they are 55 with 15yrs of course they will get there frozen pension

But page 304 LOM #13 says 45 with 15 yrs..
So what might be implied is that if your under 55 and 45 and older you can take the SIS but no pension...????????

Back