The $39,530 question

For all TWU title groups it appears only 1,500 will be allowed to take incentive plan.

Look NO Further than..........the ' majority ' of TWU members, who work in the states of Oklahoma, and Texas, that have (for DAM near ' 50 ' years) Guaranteed the TWU/airline division's Looong term Health !!!

Sorry OKIE's, but ...... It IS what it IS !!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you have the state by state numbers from the card drives over the years? I believe AFW has consistently voted against the TWU representation and its contracts and I would imagine DFW also.

The Company maintains discretion as to the number of employees provided this Early Out incentive allowance and as to the separation dates for such employees. When the number of employees willing to accept this incentive exceeds the number the Company is willing to provide, occupational seniority will determine the employees awarded.

Exactly, so, vote for this now and in the end the company will deny it to you. So, for all you people chomping at the bit, I wouldn't count on it. There is no guarantee.

Now, back to your regular discussion about how jacked up Twu is and how we should've had Amfa or Amp.

"The Company maintains discretion as to the number of employees provided this Early Out incentive allowance......."
Would they be willing to shell out $39,000,000 for 1,000 AMT's to separate, not to mention the other work groups?
I missed that. Never vote for something where the company retains discretion as to whether you get the benefit.

The Company maintains discretion as to the number of employees provided this Early Out incentive allowance and as to the separation dates for such employees. When the number of employees willing to accept this incentive exceeds the number the Company is willing to provide, occupational seniority will determine the employees awarded.

Exactly, so, vote for this now and in the end the company will deny it to you. So, for all you people chomping at the bit, I wouldn't count on it. There is no guarantee.

Now, back to your regular discussion about how jacked up Twu is and how we should've had Amfa or Amp.

I was told this morning by someone at Centerport that the quoted language enables the company to refuse the buyout to anyone they consider critical to the operation. My response was, "And, since when did Brundage consider anyone other than himself critical to the operation." :lol:

<_< ------- $39,500? My next door neighbor just took a buy out from Ford a month ago,---- not $39,500,----- but $100,000!!! Think you have the wrong Union? ------- What do you think?

<_< ------- $39,500? My next door neighbor just took a buy out from Ford a month ago,---- not $39,500,----- but $100,000!!! Think you have the wrong Union? ------- What do you think?
Transplant you are 100% correct. The TWU is worth less than teets on a boar hog ! Not only did they FAIL to add a snap back clause again as they did in 2003 but they screwed the former TWA and Reno Air people once again in the early out. TWU, what comes around goes around and I believe yours is coming very very soon. Enjoy the Hell you have created you ignorant idiots.

Transplant you are 100% correct. The TWU is worth less than teets on a boar hog ! Not only did they FAIL to add a snap back clause again as they did in 2003 but they screwed the former TWA and Reno Air people once again in the early out. TWU, what comes around goes around and I believe yours is coming very very soon. Enjoy the Hell you have created you ignorant idiots.
Anybody that can get out needs to get out now !!!!We have been going downhill for almost 10 years,its not changing anytime soon!
This company is an embarrassment !! The TWU is a LEACH !!!!

I guess you haven't noticed that the union is a business and Jim Little is the CEO. If and when a majority of those he represents feel he doesn't represent them, he and his union will be voted out and replaced. That is us.
Yeah the contract sucks.

Yes this term sheet is awful

Yes Jim Little is sacraficing line pay to keep the OH Dues machine and the TWU Yes votes rolling.

Yes we need to vote the TWU out ASAP

But the term sheet is the BEST we will get. If you want less or think the term sheet is to generous and want to give the company more money back vote no. We just gave them several billion dollars and so vote no and give them back more. Lets vote no and give the company the chance to throw our contract in the shredder. You think it's bad now? When the no vote wins there will be a day not far off where we will be fighting just to get back to where we are now. Lets go 6 years with no raise. Lets vote no and drive the industry standard so low we'll work at Timco so we can make more money. So I'll take something like the term sheet or I'll really show them and vote no and get nothing.
The company is probably giddy right now with all the no vote talk. 100% outsourcing of anything. No contract to be tied to. Hey they can hardly wait. Lets show them. Vote No

Brilliant!!

Wow, Mechanic, you've really taken that Fear bait; hook, line and sinker. A little research and growing a pair would go a long way for you...

Yes this term sheet is awful

Yes Jim Little is sacraficing line pay to keep the OH Dues machine and the TWU Yes votes rolling.

Yes we need to vote the TWU out ASAP

But the term sheet is the BEST we will get. If you want less or think the term sheet is to generous and want to give the company more money back vote no. We just gave them several billion dollars and so vote no and give them back more. Lets vote no and give the company the chance to throw our contract in the shredder. You think it's bad now? When the no vote wins there will be a day not far off where we will be fighting just to get back to where we are now. Lets go 6 years with no raise. Lets vote no and drive the industry standard so low we'll work at Timco so we can make more money. So I'll take something like the term sheet or I'll really show them and vote no and get nothing.
The company is probably giddy right now with all the no vote talk. 100% outsourcing of anything. No contract to be tied to. Hey they can hardly wait. Lets show them. Vote No

Brilliant!!
[/quote

A six year contract that leaves us at the bottom of the industry from start to finish is fine with you? From what you're posting, you obviously do not understand what happens when this POS gets voted down. You didn't learn anything from the 2003 scam? We have gone this far, why quit now? Do you really want Jim Little and his mail order diploma to win? Stick it out a little longer....

<_< ------ Mechanic, "Lets go 6 years with no raise. " What makes you think you'll get a raise in 6 years? It'll be more like 10! ------ If your lucky! A 6 year contract, and 4 more when the Company drags it's feet, as they've done to get to this point! ------ 10 years?------ Think about it! Can you really afford this? ------- Good Luck!!!!

Back