The Assimiliation begins: A319 / A320 Reconfigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Southwest commercial about being nickel and dimed. Ever see that one. It's not far from the truth.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but for those of you who had a mini panic attack (as I did) when you saw the reconfigured East A320 aircraft (no overhead space in F, a/c L), fear not! They are close to relocating that equipment into the galley somewhere. I guess it is in the final stages of FAA approval or sumthin' like that.

Glad someone was listening. Unfortunately, tho, still no idea as to what I should do with 10 wool coats handed to me on a full 320 from DEN- PIT, as transpired the other day... :blink: Suggestions? Medications?

I love my job, I love my job...... :lol:

Ok, they are taking the second galley out up front on the A320 and NOW they are gonna house it in a galley compartment? This just keeps getting better and better. This change will produce what did it say 9.2 million a year alone? I can't wait to see what the creamer saves. :lol: So much for having standard locations for our emergency equipment like we had when things were a bit more efficient onboard back east. :rolleyes:

Ok, they are taking the second galley out up front on the A320 and NOW they are gonna house it in a galley compartment? This just keeps getting better and better. This change will produce what did it say 9.2 million a year alone? I can't wait to see what the creamer saves. :lol: So much for having standard locations for our emergency equipment like we had when things were a bit more efficient onboard back east. :rolleyes:

Forgive me but I fail to see how they can possible make 9.2 million from 8 additional coach seats on planes which avg an 80% load factor. IMO in reality they are losing money in the long term because their best customers are not going to take this BS and find a carrier that is willing to treat them better.

I always wonder if they actually take these complaints seriously or monitor the forums? (If they were smart they would)

can anyone confirm, for a fact, what and when the seat re-configurations will be???
The A319 is pretty well along in reconfig....from 12F/108Y it will be 12F/112C (galleys/closets remain as is....only seat pitch sees a change, and exit row modific. The A320 is where the nonsense begins, from 16F/126C it becomes 12F/138C (half of a galley,the only closet gets removed and the required emergency equip is relocated).<THIS WILL BE A PROBLEM and WILL REMAIN A PROBLEM as long as it stays like THIS> The A321 hasn't been changed YET but will see the 26F/143C revert to 16F/167C I believe. The 321 will be an "interesting" creation because a galley/closet will be removed and how they align the seating in relation to the midcabin F/A jumpseat (must be in the Door2 area) will be very creative.

Actually Spirit has an "open cabin" on their A321s... the jumpseat is where it is on US, except there's no bulkhead behind it.. and NK has 2 seats on both sides of the aisle. what I can see happening is the closet by 2R staying and taking out the bulkhead at 2L -- giving them the ability to add the 2 set of seats and 3 rows of Y in place of F.

But that idea only gives them 20 seats, and i'm 4 short.

A321.gif

So the A321 will have 183 seats instead of the current 169? Has anyone run the numbers to see if this plane will still be a viable option PHL-SEA/SFO/LAX? I've flown PHL-SEA probably over a hundred times in an A321, and it always feels like we're barely able to get off the ground and crawl all the way to SEA.

In September a F/A was telling me about the changes in F/C on the A320, they mentioned everything that has happened except for the new F/C seats WITH foot rests. If this is indeed the plan you would think they would of put the new seats in at the same time of screwing us. :shock:

View attachment 5438Sorry for the poor photo from my cell phone but it's the best I could get. Can you see how much stuff is in the overheads? And how about the new lights and fresh look of row one and then the "yellow" crappy look where everything else was! :lol:

View attachment 5438Sorry for the poor photo from my cell phone but it's the best I could get. Can you see how much stuff is in the overheads? And how about the new lights and fresh look of row one and then the "yellow" crappy look where everything else was! :lol:

Next month I will fly a HP A320 to PHL and a US A320 back.. I am curious to see how similiar they are now... Oh well, I did like US East seat pitch. I still have until February to get a match at UA to 1K, before I drop to Platinum (I will have 109 segments this year.. good for 1K but not Chairman's.. fun huh).

I am just sad that both HP and US are getting worse... it is truly the worst of both airlines. (or the cheapest of both)

I am not trying to justify the decision to take out the closets, but I was looking at the configurations of other airlines, and most planes that other airlines are flying on the same types of routes as the US A320s do not have closets.

Delta - No 738, no on new upgraded 757, no MD88, NO SHUTTLE!. Yes on 763 domestic and MD90

Delta is really lacking with their fleet. No closets on the shuttle. Basically the only domestic plane they have them on is the MD90 which flies almost exclusively out of SLC and Delta has a very small number of that fleet type. The domestic 763s do have closets, but these have begun to be slowly phased out of Delta's fleet, like when they recently sold some to Hawaiian.

Not sure where you got your info, but it is completely wrong. We don't have closets on the Shuttle fleet. We DO have closets on the MD-88, MD-90, 767-300, 767-400, and 777. The 757's also have 1 closet for FC (we used to have 2). We phased out the 767-200 fleet, but have kept all 767-300's and 767-400's.

They're doing the same with the west fleet. All the emergency equipment that was mounted on bulkheads behinds seats, is being moved up to the overhead bin. Fwd and Aft. Makes no sense at all.

yeah, yesterday out of CLT I was getting nervous that our takeoff roll was taking so long.. a few more seconds and my head would have been between my legs and arms around my ankles!

Is that common for Airbus? I was part of a flight attendant exchange with Sabena in 1998-99. We flew on the A340's from ATL-BRU. It always felt like we were going to cross the highway before we finally lifted off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back