The Assimiliation begins: A319 / A320 Reconfigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 5438Sorry for the poor photo from my cell phone but it's the best I could get. Can you see how much stuff is in the overheads? And how about the new lights and fresh look of row one and then the "yellow" crappy look where everything else was! :lol:
Beachboy,

Where is the "yellowing" you speak of? Against the wall, where the closet/IFE used to be? I was on a "new" A320, and the emer. equipment made me crazy, but the cabin itself was really, really spotless. Did I miss sumthin?

Beachboy,

Where is the "yellowing" you speak of? Against the wall, where the closet/IFE used to be? I was on a "new" A320, and the emer. equipment made me crazy, but the cabin itself was really, really spotless. Did I miss sumthin?

I think he was referring to the new hologen bulbs that give a crisp clean white, vs the older "warmer" lights in the rest of the cabin.

I was on a "new" A320, and the emer. equipment made me crazy, but the cabin itself was really, really spotless.

sky high states: It will make the FIRST CLASS CUSTOMERS the crazy ones. On the left side of first class, there is ONE, yes, ONE OVERHEAD BIN for those that sit on that side. SIX PASSENGERS for ONE OVERHEAD. On the other side there is a small overhead, AND TWO LARGER ONES.
Total number of overheads in FIRST CLASS on the A320====Three. So, this management is assuming that only three passengers in first are frequent flyers who travel with ROLLABOARDS, briefcases, and laptops. Brilliant.

and hanging the coats ON THE WALL is amusing at best. THEY FALL OFF THE HANGERS because they are NOT SECURED.

I wonder if seatguru.com, lovemyseat.com or seatexpert.com will post that valuable information????

ONLY stating opinions.

I know this company is being run differently and we can't be resistant to change BUT. Didn't the company and the training department really work hard to come up with the "Four Main Areas" to ease the ability to find your equipment in a really serious situation. Regardless of your a/c type all of our equipment is in basically the same areas besides the added equipment on the widebody a/c. This is really making everything pieced together in a makeshift cabin that does not work for the customer, the employee and the airline itself is blowing money that does not need to be spent on closet removal. The coats on a hook thing is insane. Though the company is "claiming" to be a LCC can we NOT have anything nice? I mean really?

From FlyerTalk, interesting read.

New 320 Config, Told To Gate Check Laptop in FC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Just got off a US East 320 with the new config. They have removed the closets in front, slid up the seats, and removed row 4 of FC.

As I was handing my BP to the GA she looked at my seat assignment (1A) and told me that there is no longer any overhead storage. She then proceeded to put a valet tag on my laptop case and told me to leave it in the jetway. My response was "I don't think so". As I boarded the plane the FA (she looked like Raymond's Mom on the show) repeately told me to leave my bag in the jetway. As I was first on the plane all the bins were wide open. I essentially refused citing that all my electronics gear would be destroyed and that my laptop case was quite small.

They have moved the AV equipment into the bin over 1AC and some emergency equipment over 1DF.

My advice if you are traveling in row 1........ make sure you are the first on the plane."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is absolute insanity unchained. Check a LapTop? Anyone even considering checking a laptop had best refer to the HP domestic Contract of Carriage beginnging on Page 45 of 77 starting at "Exclusions to Liability" and continuing through mid page 46 of 77. The paragraph specifically excludes "Business Equipment", "Computer hardware & Software" from liability.

Yet another example of save $10.00 today lose ???? in the future.
My friend went up to Providence on AMTRAK, he decided to fly back. He didn't take his laptop bag along so he packed it in his suitcase. He didn't think that he could take the laptop without it's case so he packed it with his clothes. Upon claiming it in Philadelphia, he opened up his bag and discovered that his laptop was gone. He filed a claim and the agent said it probably wouldn't be covered. I told him that it was a very dumb thing to do. He also agreed afterwards.

Is there a way he can claim it to the agent upon checking in, so that he could of had his luggage locked? He had his lock with him but was told he couldn't do that. Of all my travels, I generally check my luggage, but its clothes and toiletries. My laptop goes onboard with me and under the seat in front of me. I do not put it in the overhead bins under no circumstances.

file a complaint with the DOT against both USAirways & TSA for the missing laptop --- TSA will not let you lock your bags prior to your surrendering the bag -- therefore they should be held liable.

I know that US and TSA will both point figers at eachother, but hit them both hard with the DOT as they track complaints for TSA now.

I would also CC your congressman the letter --- this is bullcrap we can't lock bags.

Great Idea, just tell us how to get past the clause I mentioned in US/HP's Contract of Carriage. The language is crystal clear.

they can't force you to check something they won't cover, particularly a laptop. It would be unconscionable
to enforce that clause under those circumstances. It would never get to a jury, but I would love to hear what a Philadelphia jury says about that.

From FlyerTalk, interesting read.
jerseyfinn
Programs: US-Chairmans

As others suggest, the first step is to fire off your comments to CA and let US know in clear terms how hairbrained this move is. Can't say that I expect much of a response, but that's where it all begins. It's also important to let the FAs know exactly how you feel about things. And if they are as dense and insensitive as the one the OP encounters, get a name and a number and write that up as well ( here's where you begin to accumulate your fodder for DOT in the future )

sky high states: Interesting that this topic blames the FLIGHT ATTENDANT for being insensitive. Being dense. etc. Several posters comment on the F/A's role in this mess. 12 SEATS UP FRONT. TOTAL OF 3 OVERHEAD BINS. Besides stowing your bag IN COACH.....you're alternative is.....???? complaining to the F/A....and/or writing THEM up???
I GOT NEWS FOR YOU ALL........... THE BLAME IS BEING "MISDIRECTED".

I'd say Jerseyfinn is alittle ignorant. THE F/A's KNEW THE MINUTE THAT SAW THIS NEW CONFIG. THAT IT WASNT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY.

only stating opinions.

Yet another example of save $10.00 today lose ???? in the future.

I always try to board on the first call so I will have room in the overhead for my rollaboard, and the computer bag under the seat. About the only time I don't board early is on a tight connection.

If anyone ever asks me to check one of my carry ons, I will leave the plane, cancel my full Y fare flight, and book on another carrier. I have never checked a bag in 25 years of flying, execpt on a 2 week vacation. This is the line in the sand for me, and US will loose about 60 of my 120 segements for a year, or about 20 grand in revenue.

This is the worst cost cutting idea yet. Most of the others don't effect me at all since most of my flights are less than 1 1/2 hours. And I rarely use the poor excuse of a web page.

For me, I calm down and I say, ok, I'll book US, and then they pull another stunt. Enough is enough. I will be spending a lot of time in PIT this year and, frankly, I don't even want to give them that business. I'm considering driving or flying WN. No better way to test WN than on a short flight like PHL-PIT--and their frequency is good.

It's a shame that the FA's are feeling the brunt of these stupid changes. It is typical though. Some things never change. Sorry your seats are screwed up, just ask the FA onboard to fix it. Sorry there is no coat closet, ask the FA onboard to find a place for your coat. Sorry there is no overhead bins in FC, just ask the FA if he can find a space for your bag. Oh, you want a salad, just ask a FA to give you one of the BOB's...that's no problem. Oh, you need a therapist to help you deal with the 86 ways we screw you....just talk to the FA onboard.

Trvlr...with an attitude as refreshing as your's, have you considered joining the inflight team? We could always use another Bitter Q___n!

Oh sweety dahling....my bitterness was born from having to work with patients. Then I took a job that required weekly travel for 10 years now and learned to enhance my bitterness. I'd fit in quite well as a skyqueen.

But I'd be the reigning Bitter CxxT, 1 step higher than a QUEEN.

Oh sweety dahling....my bitterness was born from having to work with patients. Then I took a job that required weekly travel for 10 years now and learned to enhance my bitterness. I'd fit in quite well as a skyqueen.

But I'd be the reigning Bitter CxxT, 1 step higher than a QUEEN.
Careful Hun...we wouldn't wanna burn the plane totally out of the sky!

I guess with global warming there'll be no need for winter coats...then again, when PHX has daily highs of 135F, there'll be no need for it as a city. Oh happy day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back