The Atsb Process

Ukridge said:
...my belief that while 'new' may be flashier, it does not always in the long term turn out to be any better and the change is not worth it. Channge for change's sake and nothing really changes.
Generally speaking, I share your belief. The United States, perhaps by virtue of being a "young" country, still has far more reverence for "new" than much of anything else. It was once explained thusly to me:

In the United States, 100 years is an eternity, and 100 miles is practically next door.
In Europe, 100 years is an instant, and 100 miles might as well be on the other side of the planet.

Interesting article Cosmo. I have always thought that this scene was being played out on a much larger stage. Indeed the pithy platitudes of the purity and sanctity of the marketplace are at times legitimate considerations, though there are times when such "battles" transcend these verities.
By this I mean that it appears that United's enemies are vigilant, diligent, and even rapacious in using every tool imaginable to drive United from the pitch. No method - whether the direct use of the marketplace, political pressure, or the gentle massaging of the press, is beyond consideration. Therefore, United in turn will do all possible as well. I do not think that any of this is outside the touch line mind you, indeed not for I would fault Mr. Tilton for grevious misjudgement if he were not to align the pols. The carefull leader will craft a strategy that employs all legal and reasonable avenues to success. It is just that I firmly believe that the oft-touted 'marketplace' is just one variable in the equation.
Also, men and women of high rank in any field - sport, business, or academia are driven and often competative individuals. Particulary in American business many of these managers would have no need to work another day in their life so great and heavy is their coin purse. They do what they do for other reasons and from a pure psychological point of view, this is the reason I have always believed that Mr. Tilton would pose a spirited defence of his undertaking.
JMHO from my ever so humble viewpoint.

Latest posts