The End of MDA

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
Excerpt from ALPA MEC coda-a-phone:

"The last scheduled flight for MidAtlantic Airways will be on May 27, 2006 with one deadhead pairing back into PHL scheduled on May 28, 2006."

Jim

If some of you still have it in you, I'd like to see you back here at mainline rightfully so. See you all soon hopefully.

Does anyone know how much time they have from the point of the last EMB 170 leaving, till the EMB 190 comes on line without having to do all the recertification nonsense.

what time is that last flight scheduled to get into pit? they should have employees of mid. meet them at the gate and then go out afterwards for a last hoorah! i definately would meet you guys out somewhere in pit, and i know other passengers would as well! you all did a heck of a job and should be proud of yourselves! i can't wait until you all get called back to mainline! you are an asset to the usairways company! you deserve a round of applause for your dedication to your job. i can't think of any one else in any other profession that would have stayed knowing the demise of their "company" was coming!

what time is that last flight scheduled to get into pit?
The last flight is #1629 leaving PHL @ 2000 and arriving PIT @ 2117 on Sat. May 27. I agree, The 170 division of US Airways has done a great job under the circumstances, and all should be commended for their dedication.

Dorf

This is the clearest case of management showing that bad money is more important than good people.

If ever there was a time for management to say 'Shame on us' this is it.

Does anyone know how much time they have from the point of the last EMB 170 leaving, till the EMB 190 comes on line without having to do all the recertification nonsense.

The In-flight Trainers are going to be Trained on the EMB 190 end of May. I would ASSUME that training for flight attendants will begin by the end of the summer. 5,000 +/- flight attendants is a lot to train to be ready by Jan 2007.

limiting training to one base could cause turmoil on a bad weahter day. Technically, you are correct. Hopefully though, management won't be that short sighted. They've done it in the past....ie DCA 75/76

I have worked with MidAtlantic, and will genuinely miss all of you! You were the best group I have ever worked with. Good luck to all of you!

I have worked with MidAtlantic, and will genuinely miss all of you! You were the best group I have ever worked with. Good luck to all of you!

I will be standing right next to that plane as it pushes out of the gate in PHL. MDA was truly a great thing with great people, and I definitley want to be there as it leaves for the last time.

so sad... im gonna see if any one else is going to fly out to it. im official furloughed AGAIN and i just feel so sad but its a good thing---going to work felt like a slap in the face having our planes taken away every day and seeing the scabs in the terminal getting trained on ut.. amd then having our own mainline f/as come on the plane and be rude to us and treat us like we arent them. i just got laid off but i do miss it already. ill go back but i just pray this new managers america west do care about the employees. i hope no one forgets mda it really was a great division. . miss u guys xxxx

so sad... im gonna see if any one else is going to fly out to it. im official furloughed AGAIN and i just feel so sad but its a good thing---going to work felt like a slap in the face having our planes taken away every day and seeing the scabs in the terminal getting trained on ut.. amd then having our own mainline f/as come on the plane and be rude to us and treat us like we arent them. i just got laid off but i do miss it already. ill go back but i just pray this new managers america west do care about the employees. i hope no one forgets mda it really was a great division. . miss u guys xxxx
I wish I was able to fly out for the last flight. It was a great division. America West isn't the same and I know if I went to mainline-east it still wouldn't be the same. I'm happy to know alot of mda f/a are here on the west. Miss u guys too!!

Class act. The attitude of those crews was a bright spot in a dark part of the US Airways story. Hopefully the wounds will heal and they will return to thier rightful home at mainline. Hopefully thier former aircraft will return to mainline at some point as well since Doug doesnt seem too keen on outsourcing.