The End of MDA

Class act. The attitude of those crews was a bright spot in a dark part of the US Airways story. Hopefully the wounds will heal and they will return to thier rightful home at mainline. Hopefully thier former aircraft will return to mainline at some point as well since Doug doesnt seem too keen on outsourcing.
as the rightful return to their flock, i have some unfortunate news to report...i was on a republic flight this evening: phl-bna. the pilot indicated that the flight would be 1 hour and 49 minutes. immediately after the take-off, the flight attendant gleefully announced that, and i quote: "due to the short duration of the flight, we will not be offering a beverage service". the two squirrels then proceeded to play with the f/a panel and make absurd announcements for the entire, 1:49 flight.
i have never been more embarrassed in my entire life!!!
while dp & co. have made no appreciable efforts to differentiate the usairways product, obscene announcements and service reductions, i suspect, are not appropriate.
comments, thoughts?

As the former TechPubs Manager of MAA, I can honestly say my time there was among the happiest and most professional of my 10 years at US Airways.

I'll never forget the number of times I asked...Why are we doing it this way and why can't we do it better, fast, more efficient, and in such a way that makes sense?

I'll also never forget the wonderful folks I had the distinct honor and privilege to work with either. For some, it is a relationship that continues to this day. We gave, we took, and we shared....sort of like *family* members do.

Though now I am unemployed (axed on 31 March from corporate safety) I'll always consider myself so very very lucky to have spent the time I did with a group of wonderful people.

Wishing you all the best for your respective futures.....Eduardo.

as the rightful return to their flock, i have some unfortunate news to report...i was on a republic flight this evening: phl-bna. the pilot indicated that the flight would be 1 hour and 49 minutes. immediately after the take-off, the flight attendant gleefully announced that, and i quote: "due to the short duration of the flight, we will not be offering a beverage service". the two squirrels then proceeded to play with the f/a panel and make absurd announcements for the entire, 1:49 flight.
while dp & co. have made no appreciable efforts to differentiate the usairways product, obscene announcements and service reductions, i suspect, are not appropriate.
comments, thoughts?
Every flight I have been on that is Republic has been the exact same. Sooo ebarrassed! I know some of our mda fa's are there and know how to act. But the rest I just don't know!!!

I wish I was able to fly out for the last flight. It was a great division. America West isn't the same and I know if I went to mainline-east it still wouldn't be the same. I'm happy to know alot of mda f/a are here on the west. Miss u guys too!!
Hey, New York Princess right on sister! It was a great division and I will miss our family. You are a great person and I love your F/O also, maybe he'll be flying on the last flight.

comments, thoughts?

That's a shame. What were the obscene announcements? When stuff like that happens on mainline, including MDA it can be easily dealt with. At an outsouced, contract company, US Airways has little if any control over those employees or the hiring process. Keep in mind they are short of crews already, and pay thier F/As 16 grand a year and base them in Washington DC! I'm sure they do get some good f/as but they probly move on pretty quicly, especially with other airlines hiring now. Still if they were really acting so oddly on a flight, a letter should be written to US Airways immediately... doesnt matter who is operating the flight. Its the US Airways name.

It's just too bad they couldn't have just taken down the wall between the MDA division and the rest of the airline. Those furloughs that came back had a really great spirit despite being ignored and treated like second class citizens, even after the company sold the planes and didnt mention that the employees dont go with them.

As for Republic eveyone wishes they would just go away, but lets hope they at least get thier act together. What a dark shadow on the new US Airways. :(

How does a 2 hour flight become to short for service? I can do a service in 7 minutes(EMB 170)....if both f/a's are fast and dont waste time getting it done. The flights that are 40 minutes or less are usually no serve flights..but some f/a's will still do a service even if its 30 minutes. Maybe they were just lazy. I wonder what kind of weird announcements they were doing?

How does a 2 hour flight become to short for service? I can do a service in 7 minutes(EMB 170)....if both f/a's are fast and dont waste time getting it done. The flights that are 40 minutes or less are usually no serve flights..but some f/a's will still do a service even if its 30 minutes. Maybe they were just lazy. I wonder what kind of weird announcements they were doing?
abject laziness! it was painful to observe!!!
with respect to announcements: they were calling out pax over the pa (at the encouragement of a group of pax sitting in the front rows) to come up and perform whatever musical talent they were capable of. of course, nobody did, and that perpetuated their determination and, consequently, more announcements...
i had anticipated getting some work done on that flight. i anticipated wrong!

abject laziness! it was painful to observe!!!
with respect to announcements: they were calling out pax over the pa (at the encouragement of a group of pax sitting in the front rows) to come up and perform whatever musical talent they were capable of. of course, nobody did, and that perpetuated their determination and, consequently, more announcements...
i had anticipated getting some work done on that flight. i anticipated wrong!
what are we stooping down to southwest now? What a disgrace to our airline! Pure laziness.

what are we stooping down to southwest now? What a disgrace to our airline! Pure laziness.

they are ghetto. it doesnt surpise me. was talking to one of the mda f/as that went there, there were i think five or six who went there. they said they are going to be crazy in maywhen the rest of the planes come.they are going to have to cancel alot of flights and they already making managers who are qualified fly because they are so short staffed. they said alot of the f/as are immature and cant "get the hang of it" and the good ones went to united. how hard is it to work an emb170 and act like an adult? how sad.

anyway, enough about them id rather remember midatlantic. someone sent me this, kinda cool............

EMB DCA

Faced another "no service" flight last night. PIT to PHL #3342.

Only 22 passengers onboard.

Republic F/A announcement......because of the short duration of this flight, there will be no beverage service. If you should require a beverage please ring your flight attendant call bell located overhead.

Forward F/A sat her big (rotund) behind in the last row of the 170 and read a book the entire flight. Guess there were too many passengers for these 2 F/A's to simply hand out a beverage last night.

WOW!! Seems mainline F/A's on a A319/320 or B737/757 can do a complete beverage service. How come Republic EXPRESS can't? And this is not the first time I've witnessed this in the past 2 months.

i heard they dont follow the us express guidelines for service they went ahead and made up thier own. they dont do the usairways demo or announcements either unless they finally get with the program,. who do they think they are? also they are wearing some sort of scarf thats not part of the uniform. arent they supposed to wear the us uniform but with express wings. hopefully with the new uniform they give express f/as something different to wear. i dont want to be associated with them.

Latest posts

Back