The End of MDA

i heard they dont follow the us express guidelines for service they went ahead and made up thier own. they dont do the usairways demo or announcements either unless they finally get with the program,. who do they think they are? also they are wearing some sort of scarf thats not part of the uniform. arent they supposed to wear the us uniform but with express wings. hopefully with the new uniform they give express f/as something different to wear. i dont want to be associated with them.

last nights crew wore Republic uniforms. I got a good look at the buttons on the robust F/A's jacket. Plus Republic wings.

They also made sure we knew we were flying REPUBLIC AIRLINES and USAirways Express.

UGH.........

They need to be reminded they REPRESENT USAIRWAYS FIRST!! My ticket says USAIRWAYS flown by Republic not the other way around.

i fly on PSA in CLT all the time on thier crj 70 seats. thier announcements are exactly like ours. they say us airways express and at the end they say operated by psa just once. thier service is just like us and the f/as wear the uniform the right way. the only difference is wings that say EXPRESS on them that we didnt wear at MDA. ive always had really professional and friendly f/as that id like to fly with. they just seem like us airways but on a smaller plane..... isnt that what its supposed to be. why cant repugnant get its #### together...... they said they could do be good little scabs and impersonate us well they are not doing a very good job.

I just wish that U would drop them. They are so terrible and just an embarasment for U. Noone wants to fly on them. I hated deadheading on them. I wish they would just go away. :angry:

I will say, from everything you wrote they are doing what they were taught to do.

The scarf is a "republic airlines" uniform piece. The uniform that those crews wear day in and out is *NOT* the US Airways Uniform. It doesn't have the USAir logo on them in any location. All Republic AIRWAYS HOLDINGS flight attendants wear the same uniform (on delta and united as well as US). Had US wanted them to wear their uniform (and the wings) it would have been contracted that way.

When it comes to wings, they don't have express wings.. as doesnt Colgen, AirWis or any contracted company. PSA and Piedmont do, because they are, as you know: wholly owned.

But just remember one thing.. its not the flight attendants.

(and no.. I don't work for Republic)

are they taight to act like chidren, ,mess around with the lights and pa system and not serve on hour and a half flights? somethings wrong there. maybe its not all of them but do they habe any sort of supervision? you see thir crews in philly sitting in the gate areas just hanging out while pax are standing talking loud and swearing. its like they grabbed a bunch of high schoolers and told them to play airplane. if its not the f/as who is it.

the only difference is wings that say EXPRESS on them that we didnt wear at MDA.

Why? I know for a fact you all recieved EXPRESS wings when you were hired back to MAA. You were also told that you were NOT to wear your old mainline wings as MAA was a "fictional" express division.

Not that it matters anyway, but......At least you all (most) have had the opportunity to come back to mainline.

Welcome back to those that are returning.

Why? I know for a fact you all recieved EXPRESS wings when you were hired back to MAA. You were also told that you were NOT to wear your old mainline wings as MAA was a "fictional" express division.

Not that it matters anyway, but......At least you all (most) have had the opportunity to come back to mainline.

Welcome back to those that are returning.
Twice,
Are you asking why we did not wear the express wings???

Twice,
Are you asking why we did not wear the express wings???

Yes! My response to the other poster when they said Republic wore express wings but MAA did not. Like I said, it doesn't really matter....just a statement/question.

Yes! My response to the other poster when they said Republic wore express wings but MAA did not. Like I said, it doesn't really matter....just a statement/question.
Most of the MAA f/a's did not wear them..me included. The only person that said we were to wear them was John Flasco. I never had them on. The f/a's that did wear them at MAA had their mainline wings taken from them when furloughed. As you have heard a million times we were not express...so there was no reason to wear them.

WE knew who were... and it was not "Express". after a few months they stopped asking about express wings because no one wore them anyway and plus the pilots fought for and were allowed to wear thier regular wings and hat emblems so they dropped the issue. if you want me to be express dont send me to the same recurrent for all of the planes you pay other more to be responsible for. no one ever said it on the plane either its a mainline owned plane with fullty trained mainline crews why pretend to be a commuter we work for us airways and we are actually proud of it. we had so few uniform compliance issues compared to mainline and express and we were constantly complemented on it.... we made it a point to look good and provide excellent safe service because we know we are worth more. put it this way, on an mda division flight the passengers felt they were on a regular flight just without FC. no one ever knew different. in some ways better than regular coach.on a republic flight you know you are on express in a bad way.

I totally understand everyone's point on the "express" issue. But, when you/we are required to wear a uniform or a piece of a uniform, we should do it. We collect a paycheck every 15th and 30th. We are REQUIRED to obey the orders/wishes (whatever you want to call them) of the company. We are getting PAID to wear what they want us to wear. I am speaking of mainline as well. I saw a guy tonight that was wearing faded Dickies. He was doing an International trip to boot. He looked like a jackass.
Bottom line if John Flasco (even though he is an a$$) asked you to wear them (which he had every right too) those orders needed to be obey. Regardless if we thought we were still mainline or whatever. We were told to wear them.
We are all in for a rude awakening with the new MGMT from AWA. They run the company not the employees. US Airways was the opposite. We told them what we will and will not do. Those days are done. Sorry to be so soap boxy!!

I totally understand everyone's point on the "express" issue. But, when you/we are required to wear a uniform or a piece of a uniform, we should do it. We collect a paycheck every 15th and 30th. We are REQUIRED to obey the orders/wishes (whatever you want to call them) of the company. We are getting PAID to wear what they want us to wear. I am speaking of mainline as well. I saw a guy tonight that was wearing faded Dickies. He was doing an International trip to boot. He looked like a jackass.
Bottom line if John Flasco (even though he is an a$$) asked you to wear them (which he had every right too) those orders needed to be obey. Regardless if we thought we were still mainline or whatever. We were told to wear them.
We are all in for a rude awakening with the new MGMT from AWA. They run the company not the employees. US Airways was the opposite. We told them what we will and will not do. Those days are done. Sorry to be so soap boxy!!

Well I wore my uniform 100% compliant and have two letters in my file to prove it.. and I was wearing the real wings BOTH times. I was complemented by Flasco when he was there too. I'll wear whatever uniform the new mgmt gives me, and proudly wear my US Airways wings. I won't wear US Airways Express wings, or Delta wings, or American wings, or Southwest wings. I can't see any reason why the new mgmy would want us to wear Express wings? You weren't MDA you may have trained them or whatever but you weren't. If you want to give people a hard time asl your fellow f/as to brush thier hair and run an iron over the uniform.... it makes a difference. And half of them don't even wear the wings we fought so hard to wear. I dont think Im in for a rude awakening, I like the new management maybe you are because you haven't heard anyone with pride in thier company and job for a while. hope to see you soon.

I dont think Im in for a rude awakening, I like the new management maybe you are because you haven't heard anyone with pride in thier company and job for a while. hope to see you soon.

I think many of the "junior" workforce takes much pride. As I stated in another thread, many more "senior" folks will do anything and everything against company wishes.

I know you take pride in your appearance, as you should.

See you back on line. :D

are they taight to act like chidren, ,mess around with the lights and pa system and not serve on hour and a half flights? somethings wrong there. maybe its not all of them but do they habe any sort of supervision? you see thir crews in philly sitting in the gate areas just hanging out while pax are standing talking loud and swearing. its like they grabbed a bunch of high schoolers and told them to play airplane. if its not the f/as who is it.

They were not given access to the crew room in Philly. Almost ALL DCA trips and PIT trips go through Philly. Once there on a 3-4 hour sit, where would you like them to go?

Latest posts

Back