The Galley Show - Part Deux

Gloria, can I have that People magazine when you’re done with it? I tried doing this crossword puzzle but it’s making my head hurt, like when I have to study for Recurrent.

What’s that sir, you want another drink? Sorry, we’re busy doing company paperwork now, so you’ll need to go back to your seat.

Ugh, I hate it when needy PAX mill around here in the galley, that’s why I asked Frank in the cockpit turn on the Fasten Seat Belt sign two hours ago. Do these dumb PAX not know how to read, or are they blind, cuz I don’t remember any seeing eye dogs coming on board. Gloria, hand me the mic, I’m going to make a PA.

*click*

“Ladies and gentleman, we are now an hour and a half away from landing in DCA. FAR regulations require that you remain in your seats for the remainder of the flight. Failure to comply will result in us having the Air Marshals sitting in 2C and 3D place you under arrest. Thank you.”

*click*

Reactions: 1 person
Can you believe that someone called the CLT F/A supervisor's office all ticked off over there being only one beverage service on a transcon flight? How much does one person need to guzzle down anyway? Last I checked, the was a McDs at lax where here could have gotten another soda if he was so damn thirsty. Did that bozo think he was flying jeBlue or Virgin America or something?

Betty - It's Gloria here. Call me back when you get this message. I am back in PHL next month. I transferred to CLT to fly Hawaii and it was horrible - we kept landing in PHX because the 767 isnt long enough and the commute was horrible from PIT. I tried doing RIO a few times - but the bid sheet was never a pure tuesday/wednesday/thursday so I have been out on FMLA with my ankle again for the past year. Well my supervisor called and told me my PHL transfer came through but I have to clear FMLA so I hung up the phone and called my doctor and he cleared me in like 5 minutes. So I am thinking of bidding Israel next month. Not sure about the commute, I heard from Kathy that Southwestern sold its PIT-PHL route so it could be tough again. Anyways call me back about bidding for next month.

Reactions: 1 person
I just heard that our merger with American is going to bring back good old PIT-LGW (Maybe LHR now). If this happens I can finally come off of medical leave. What I want to know is, will we be reinstated to the PIT base or will we have to bid? I currently am closing in on a country code seniority number but who knows with these AA gals i might drop into the 2000s again. Anyways can someone please tell AFA to keep cadence on the PIT-LGW flight...I don't want to mix a TUE/WED/THU with a THU/FRI/SAT. Also, this route will obviously be a 767. I don't think a 757 can make it to PIT - they barely reach PHL.