The new Northwest...named "Delta"

What are we debating about?

The "debate" (today, anyway) is over who enjoys better benefits; NW or DL. I come on here time and time again making the case that NW employees do-and that it's a result of our collective bargaining agreements. I have provided plenty of numbers to back them up. Folks like you and Southwind come on here and post drivel, with no numbers to back it up.

I get paid very well for what I do (possibly more than you do depending on your career choice).

Good for you. :rolleyes:

I get 5 weeks of vacation every year. Flight benefits for me and the fam. Out of over $50,000.00 worth of medical bills last winter, I paid maybe $2000.00.

Sounds like you were in bad shape... Hope that's over now.

I do not consider flight benefits an economic benefit. I have no issue with you doing so, but would like to keep this to "nuts and bolts" things like medical, vacation, scope, etc.

I was allowed to come back light duty and never once was I asked to do more than I could before I was ready (I did anyway).

Were you "allowed" to come back, or did you have to since you were out of sick time? Why would you come back before you were 100% cured? Just curious.

Seeing what happened to your mechanics why the heck would I want to be union for?

Well, your man Anderson had a big hand in the elimination of the AMT's-and plant maintenance- from NWA. You should be concerned. You don't have to take my word for it; you'll see it soon enough.

Geez! Your own company employees didn't even back them up. Did you go to work every day during the time they were on strike? So tell me, what should I debate you on?

I did not perform struck work. My posts in the NW forum where I go over this in detail are legion. Check 'em out if you're interested. By the way, if it does come to a strike at the NW/DL, does this quote from you in this thread still stand?

"Can't wait to cross my first picket line. "

I hardly believe a word our senior mangement tells us. I know they are over paid. I know they could be considered thieves. I can't do a thing about that. What are you going to do about it? Stand outside their offices and yell up to their windows? Go on strike?

Whatever it takes. And you? What will you do?

In today's corporate environment, we are no better off being union. I don't like the politics of the corporate world, why would I want to put up with the politics of the unions?

I have explained over and over why it's imperative to have a union on the property-especially in this enviroment. As I mentioned to Cooper43, if DL's policies are implemented, I will take a step back on everything (med. costs, vacation, etc.). Since Southwind is apparently incapable of answering, maybe you can tell me why DL's policies on the following are better than NW's? Just facts, no emotion please.

+Sick time
+Vacation accrual
+Scope (specifically for ACS, but I'll listen to whatever argument you make for any work group)
+Med/dental costs
+OJI time accrual
+Seniority
+Ability to transfer
+Caps on PT vs. FT
+Seniority rights in the event of displacement
+Overtime distribution

While you're at it, please also explain why both the Social Security offset of your pensions, and the "Ready Reserve" program for ACS are good things that we at NW should eagerly embrace.

I said all that to say...there is no debate in my mind. I have my own conclusion.

Therein lies the problem. You refuse to answer to a differing opinion. This is why I say your posts lack any substance. You can say Delta is grand all you want... However, if you want us from NW to come around to that way of thinking, back some of that up with facts/numbers/whatever.

That is what you're doing, right? Trying to get us to see that DL is a great place? Otherwise, your time on here is nothing more than pot stirring and is a waste of bandwidth

You haven't even given Delta a chance. You were against this merger before it has even had a chance to succeed (talk about 3 year old mentality).

Now you're putting words in my mouth. Don't do that again. It's not "Delta" I'm against, it's the clowns running the show (which is based on experience from their time at NW), and the hubris of many of it's employees.

I eagerly await your response....

Oh and Kev, while I was in the hospital dying, a UHC nurse followed my care every step of the way calling my wife and I to make sure our needs were cared for. She contacted the doctors and hospital and told them to give me the best of care. Does your union backed health care have that? DEBATE THAT!!

Debate what?

What's does good customer service from UHC have to do with the topic at hand? Why wouldn't the doctor/hospital give you "the best care?"

As a DL'er, what do you pay in monthly premiums for that?

Our "union backed" health care is from BCBS; it's quite good. Actually, the only thing the union has a hand in is controlling the costs for us. Prior to BK, UHC was one of our options as well.

Debate what?

What's does good customer service from UHC have to do with the topic at hand? Why wouldn't the doctor/hospital give you "the best care?"

As a DL'er, what do you pay in monthly premiums for that?

Our "union backed" health care is from BCBS; it's quite good. Actually, the only thing the union has a hand in is controlling the costs for us. Prior to BK, UHC was one of our options as well.
Kev,

The problem with Southwind and GSE is that they complain about the union when they don't even work in the same department we work in. Why should they care if some of Delta's departments go union? I'm sure their satisfied with their salaries/benefits in the departments they work in. They did'nt lose any sleep when Delta sent their reservations department to India, their payroll department to Jamaica or a vast majority of the ramp to contract vendors. They have the mindset of "hey, tough luck, better them than me." So again, WHY DO THEY EVEN COMPLAIN WHEN IT DOES NOT CONCERN THEM!

Kev,

The problem with Southwind and GSE is that they complain about the union when they don't even work in the same department we work in. Why should they care if some of Delta's departments go union? I'm sure their satisfied with their salaries/benefits in the departments they work in. They did'nt lose any sleep when Delta sent their reservations department to India, their payroll department to Jamaica or a vast majority of the ramp to contract vendors. They have the mindset of "hey, tough luck, better them than me." So again, WHY DO THEY EVEN COMPLAIN WHEN IT DOES NOT CONCERN THEM!

They seem to know what's best for everyone, and aren't shy about saying it. I want them to back it up.

What are we debating about? I get paid very well for what I do (possibly more than you do depending on your career choice). I get 5 weeks of vacation every year. Flight benefits for me and the fam. Out of over $50,000.00 worth of medical bills last winter, I paid maybe $2000.00. I was allowed to come back light duty and never once was I asked to do more than I could before I was ready (I did anyway). Seeing what happened to your mechanics why the heck would I want to be union for? Geez! Your own company employees didn't even back them up. Did you go to work every day during the time they were on strike? So tell me, what should I debate you on?
I hardly believe a word our senior mangement tells us. I know they are over paid. I know they could be considered thieves. I can't do a thing about that. What are you going to do about it? Stand outside their offices and yell up to their windows? Go on strike? In today's corporate environment, we are no better off being union. I don't like the politics of the corporate world, why would I want to put up with the politics of the unions?

I said all that to say...there is no debate in my mind. I have my own conclusion. You haven't even given Delta a chance. You are against this merger before it has even had a chance to succeed (talk about 3 year old mentality). It is going to happen and you my friend have to make the choice to either go with it or get out of the game. I have made up my mind what I intend to do. I will try to help Delta succeed.
And if the shoe was on the other foot, would it be save my Delta ? Lets see how many people are left after this merger. Mergers don't help all of the worker bees. And you without a union are an employee at will.

The "debate" (today, anyway) is over who enjoys better benefits; NW or DL. I come on here time and time again making the case that NW employees do-and that it's a result of our collective bargaining agreements. I have provided plenty of numbers to back them up. Folks like you and Southwind come on here and post drivel, with no numbers to back it up.

Good for you. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you were in bad shape... Hope that's over now.

I do not consider flight benefits an economic benefit. I have no issue with you doing so, but would like to keep this to "nuts and bolts" things like medical, vacation, scope, etc.

Were you "allowed" to come back, or did you have to since you were out of sick time? Why would you come back before you were 100% cured? Just curious.

Well, your man Anderson had a big hand in the elimination of the AMT's-and plant maintenance- from NWA. You should be concerned. You don't have to take my word for it; you'll see it soon enough.

I did not perform struck work. My posts in the NW forum where I go over this in detail are legion. Check 'em out if you're interested. By the way, if it does come to a strike at the NW/DL, does this quote from you in this thread still stand?

"Can't wait to cross my first picket line. "

Whatever it takes. And you? What will you do?

I have explained over and over why it's imperative to have a union on the property-especially in this enviroment. As I mentioned to Cooper43, if DL's policies are implemented, I will take a step back on everything (med. costs, vacation, etc.). Since Southwind is apparently incapable of answering, maybe you can tell me why DL's policies on the following are better than NW's? Just facts, no emotion please.

+Sick time
+Vacation accrual
+Scope (specifically for ACS, but I'll listen to whatever argument you make for any work group)
+Med/dental costs
+OJI time accrual
+Seniority
+Ability to transfer
+Caps on PT vs. FT
+Seniority rights in the event of displacement
+Overtime distribution

While you're at it, please also explain why both the Social Security offset of your pensions, and the "Ready Reserve" program for ACS are good things that we at NW should eagerly embrace.

Therein lies the problem. You refuse to answer to a differing opinion. This is why I say your posts lack any substance. You can say Delta is grand all you want... However, if you want us from NW to come around to that way of thinking, back some of that up with facts/numbers/whatever.

That is what you're doing, right? Trying to get us to see that DL is a great place? Otherwise, your time on here is nothing more than pot stirring and is a waste of bandwidth

Now you're putting words in my mouth. Don't do that again. It's not "Delta" I'm against, it's the clowns running the show (which is based on experience from their time at NW), and the hubris of many of it's employees.

I eagerly await your response....
\
before I reply, I would appreciateyou sending me a PM on how to take different parts of a quote and then replying to each of the parts. Or send me a link explaining it. That is a really cool tool but I haven't had the time to figure it out.

\
before I reply, I would appreciateyou sending me a PM on how to take different parts of a quote and then replying to each of the parts. Or send me a link explaining it. That is a really cool tool but I haven't had the time to figure it out.
Try the usual way of 'Cut & Paste'. It's simple.... Use your mouse and Highlight what you want to move... Right click... select copy.... go to where you want to paste, and do so. Once you have mastered this, you can come back to the AirTran Forum and give us an update of your 6-12 month Gloom & Doom message. We all enjoy your intuition. If you are correct in your prediction, you can hire me to be yer Steno and I'll handle the PC functions while you change oil.... or whatever it is you do. :blink:

Try the usual way of 'Cut & Paste'. It's simple.... Use your mouse and Highlight what you want to move... Right click... select copy.... go to where you want to paste, and do so. Once you have mastered this, you can come back to the AirTran Forum and give us an update of your 6-12 month Gloom & Doom message. We all enjoy your intuition. If you are correct in your prediction, you can hire me to be yer Steno and I'll handle the PC functions while you change oil.... or whatever it is you do. :blink:
You better practice flipping burgers. :up: I know how to cut and paste but could never get it to come out as a quote in pretty colors.

I asked you a point blank question and you danced around it expecting me to go find a needle in a haystack. I will ask you again. Did you or did you not report for work during a time when your AMT's were on strike? Did you help with their plight or not? Your answer of "I did not perform struck work" might be true by definition but anyone who reported for work at NWA during the strike enabled the company to do whatever they wanted with the AMT's.

You better practice flipping burgers. :up: I know how to cut and paste but could never get it to come out as a quote in pretty colors.
Perhaps you should practice your Art work :lol: Getting back to the topic... I do believe you should read and understand what Kev is saying. He's been there, done that and I believe what he says. You can choose whatever you like but we have ex Delta people on our property who share a very different opinion of yours. Have a nice day :lol:

Perhaps you should practice your Art work :lol: Getting back to the topic... I do believe you should read and understand what Kev is saying. He's been there, done that and I believe what he says. You can choose whatever you like but we have ex Delta people on our property who share a very different opinion of yours. Have a nice day :lol:
So you are answering for Kev? Wow! You sure answered my question. Kev has said nothing to answer my question.

I asked you a point blank question and you danced around it expecting me to go find a needle in a haystack. I will ask you again. Did you or did you not report for work during a time when your AMT's were on strike? Did you help with their plight or not? Your answer of "I did not perform struck work" might be true by definition but anyone who reported for work at NWA during the strike enabled the company to do whatever they wanted with the AMT's.

Answering a question with a question-especially one that has already been addressed-is poor form.

Is this a stall tactic?

By the way, a guy who says "I can't wait to cross my first picket line" is in no position to EVER question my integrity.

So you are answering for Kev? Wow! You sure answered my question. Kev has said nothing to answer my question.
Kev can, and will, answer for himself, I was only trying to help you with your pc knowledge, which I now can understand, you know everything, so my post was not needed. Please accept my humble apology for trying to help a stray... I will sit back with my Pop Corn and watch the show.... Have at it... and Please update us in 6-12 months over here across the fence. Your deep understanding and foresight is most entertaining.

You sound so much like our senior management.

Well looky here! A personal attack instead of focusing on the issue! You don't see that on here very often! :rolleyes:

I know it might be hard, but try and stay on point....

Please answer the question. I have already stated how I feel in a previous post which you pointed out.

Last time. I.did.not.perform.struck.work.

Simple enough for you? No more wasting of bandwidth about what I did in August of '05. As mentioned, there are literally dozens of posts about this stuff from me on the NWA board. Do your homework.

You still haven't answered any of my questions. Quit stalling already....

Latest posts