Thought for the Day

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
Your car is German or Japanese. Your vodka is Russian. Your pizza is Italian. Your kebab is Turkish. Your democracy is Greek. Your coffee is Brazilian. Your movies are American. Your tea is Tamil. Your shirt is Indian. Your oil is Saudi Arabian. Your electronics are Chinese. Your numbers Arabic, your letters Latin. And you complain that your neighbor is an immigrant? Pull yourself together.

(Not original with me. Copied it from another website.)

Reactions: 2 people
I think the idea of a nation state is becoming less relevant as time goes on. People are much more mobile so populations are becoming more diluted. Communication is instantaneous and widely available for the most part. Resource come from all over the world. I think we are moving more told a world economy. I don't know what will replace the government's we currently have but I think they are on their way out. Won't happen in my life time or probably the next generation but I think it will happen. The current system of self interests does not seem conducive to the long term survival of 7 billion (and growing) people.

Well of course it is if you don't value basic Human Rights.

If you continue to elect War Mongers and Banksters, a nation state has no meaning.

Continue to have a debt based economy run by central banks.

Fail to control Government debt. Just join up the whole world and let them pay too.

Ms Tree said:
I think the idea of a nation state is becoming less relevant as time goes on. People are much more mobile so populations are becoming more diluted. Communication is instantaneous and widely available for the most part. Resource come from all over the world. I think we are moving more told a world economy. I don't know what will replace the government's we currently have but I think they are on their way out. Won't happen in my life time or probably the next generation but I think it will happen. The current system of self interests does not seem conducive to the long term survival of 7 billion (and growing) people.

Reactions: 1 person
SparrowHawk said:
Well of course it is if you don't value basic Human Rights.

If you continue to elect War Mongers and Banksters, a nation state has no meaning.

Continue to have a debt based economy run by central banks.

Fail to control Government debt. Just join up the whole world and let them pay too.
Who does the have to do with the idea that a bunch of small government's just concerned with their small self interests in counter productive to the long term viability of 7 billion plus people?

I think that is the biggest part of the problem.  What happens around the world affects us.  Economic problems, pollution, civil strife..... We all live on the same planet.

I believe I've heard this one somewhere before! Does sound like something they call "The New World Order"? ------- Dump the Constatution, and turn everything over to the U.N.!------- Yea! That'll work!------- Didn't Obama, and Kerry, try that with our right to bare arms?----- How did that go?

Reactions: 1 person
Ahh yes lets look at those damn immigrants giving us their cultural best sellers. Never mind that when I lived in Europe you had American TV shows, American Movies, American Bars, and low and behold, the Euro-trash think the same thing about y'all!

signals said:
Ahh yes lets look at those damn immigrants giving us their cultural best sellers. Never mind that when I lived in Europe you had American TV shows, American Movies, American Bars, and low and behold, the Euro-trash think the same thing about y'all!
But they love the American Dollar! $$$

The Italian version of Springer was a hoot.

MCI transplant said:
I believe I've heard this one somewhere before! Does sound like something they call "New World Order"? ------- Dump the Constatution, and turn everything over to the U.N.!------- Yea! That'll work!------- Didn't Obama, and Kerry, try that with our right to bare arms?----- How did that go?
Never said anything about the UN. Not a single empire has survived indefinitely. They are all gone. Empires that were around for far longer than the US has been around are gone. Things will change. What will happen I am not sure. I just don't think the idea of a nation state has a long future. It does not work for 7 billon people.

Where we do agree is, that, change is indeed a part of life.------ But I hope, and pray, you are wrong on this one!------ People seem to forget that we've invested too many lives, and come too far, to just walk away from it!

No empire has walked away. Turks, Ottoman, Romans, Greeks, Chinese, British .... None walked away. They just got replaced. We have been around for all of a little over 200 years. Not even a pimple on the ass of time. You can hope all you want but history says you are hoping for unicorns and Santa Clause.

Americans seem to think that they invented sacrifice, national pride, and democracy. But then, the average American knows absolutely nothing about World History; so, they don't have to look at the fact that what is happening in society today is just history repeating itself. Nations come and nations go. It's the way the world works.

We are so proud of what we have accomplished in just a little over 300 years (if you include the British colony years). And, it's a lot. I'm not saying it isn't. But, think of the condition of Egypt today. Then reflect upon the fact that there was an educated, sophisticated culture and nation (well, kingdom) there 5,000 years before the birth of Christ. What happened? Nations come and nations go.

Latest posts