Thought for the Day

MCI transplant said:
Didn't Obama, and Kerry, try that with our right to bare arms?----- How did that go?

Christ, dude. BEAR arms. No wonder its impossible to have an intelligent discussion about this. I don't think Obama is trying to revoke your right to wear a tank top.

constatution

I'm guessing your understanding of the constitution is commensurate with your ability to spell it.

AdAstraPerAspera said:

Christ, dude. BEAR arms. No wonder its impossible to have an intelligent discussion about this. I don't think Obama is trying to revoke your right to wear a tank top.

I'm guessing your understanding of the constitution is commensurate with your ability to spell it.
Your so hung up on spelling, but you still didn't answeer my question! ------ How did that work out?

Reactions: 1 person
AdAstraPerAspera said:

He's talking about arm wrestling Dude.

MCI transplant said:
I believe I've heard this one somewhere before! Does sound like something they call "The New World Order"? ------- Dump the Constatution, and turn everything over to the U.N.!------- Yea! That'll work!------- Didn't Obama, and Kerry, try that with our right to bare arms?----- How did that go?
That would be horrible. Good thing it never even happened.

So, back to the UN Arms Trade Treaty.  First of all the name of the treaty should give you a hint to it's content.  It has to with the regulation of arms trade on the international level.  So far as I am aware (and feel free to prove me wrong) the UN does not have any authority or ability to regulate the internal laws of a country.  The idea that any treaty passed by the UN could circumvent any law in the US much less the COTUS is beyond ludicrous.  Any treaty signed by the POTUS must be ratified by 2/3 of the US Senate.  Now even if the UN resolution did affect US ownership of guns and even if the Senate ratified the treaty that still leaves the little issue of the Supreme Court and Reid v Covert.  

Then there is the fact that there were certain 'key red lines' (why do they keep using that stupid terminology) that would need to be met before the US would agree and sign on to the resolution.  

KEY U.S. REDLINES IN THE NEGOTIATIONS
  • The Second Amendment to the Constitution must be upheld.
    There will be no restrictions on civilian possession or trade of firearms otherwise permitted by law or protected by the U.S. Constitution.
  • There will be no dilution or diminishing of sovereign control over issues involving the private acquisition, ownership, or possession of firearms, which must remain matters of domestic law.

[*]The U.S. opposed provisions inconsistent with existing U.S. law or that would unduly interfere with our ability to import, export, or transfer arms in support of our national security and foreign policy interests.
[*]The international arms trade is a legitimate commercial activity, and otherwise lawful commercial trade in arms must not be unduly hindered.
[*]There will be no requirement for reporting on or marking and tracing of ammunition or explosives.
[*]There will be no lowering of current international standards.
[*]Existing nonproliferation and export control regimes must not be undermined.
[*]The ATT negotiations must have consensus decision making to allow us to protect U.S. equities.
[*]There will be no mandate for an international body to enforce an ATT.

If you look at the vote on the resolution it seems the countries that voted against it or abstained were the countries whop have the most to lose by stopping illegal arms trading.  Go figure.

MCI, you really need better source on your information.  This UN thing was a dud from the word go.  Just a bunch of smoke and mirror scare tactics used by groups like the NRA to drive up prices for ammo and gun manufactures here in the US and to increase their membership dues to make a few bucks off the ignorance of the masses.

Ms Tree said:
So, back to the UN Arms Trade Treaty.  First of all the name of the treaty should give you a hint to it's content.  It has to with the regulation of arms trade on the international level.  So far as I am aware (and feel free to prove me wrong) the UN does not have any authority or ability to regulate the internal laws of a country.  The idea that any treaty passed by the UN could circumvent any law in the US much less the COTUS is beyond ludicrous.  Any treaty signed by the POTUS must be ratified by 2/3 of the US Senate.  Now even if the UN resolution did affect US ownership of guns and even if the Senate ratified the treaty that still leaves the little issue of the Supreme Court and Reid v Covert.  

Then there is the fact that there were certain 'key red lines' (why do they keep using that stupid terminology) that would need to be met before the US would agree and sign on to the resolution.  

KEY U.S. REDLINES IN THE NEGOTIATIONS
  • The Second Amendment to the Constitution must be upheld.
    There will be no restrictions on civilian possession or trade of firearms otherwise permitted by law or protected by the U.S. Constitution.
  • There will be no dilution or diminishing of sovereign control over issues involving the private acquisition, ownership, or possession of firearms, which must remain matters of domestic law.

[*]The U.S. opposed provisions inconsistent with existing U.S. law or that would unduly interfere with our ability to import, export, or transfer arms in support of our national security and foreign policy interests.
[*]The international arms trade is a legitimate commercial activity, and otherwise lawful commercial trade in arms must not be unduly hindered.
[*]There will be no requirement for reporting on or marking and tracing of ammunition or explosives.
[*]There will be no lowering of current international standards.
[*]Existing nonproliferation and export control regimes must not be undermined.
[*]The ATT negotiations must have consensus decision making to allow us to protect U.S. equities.
[*]There will be no mandate for an international body to enforce an ATT.

If you look at the vote on the resolution it seems the countries that voted against it or abstained were the countries whop have the most to lose by stopping illegal arms trading.  Go figure.

MCI, you really need better source on your information.  This UN thing was a dud from the word go.  Just a bunch of smoke and mirror scare tactics used by groups like the NRA to drive up prices for ammo and gun manufactures here in the US and to increase their membership dues to make a few bucks off the ignorance of the masses.
Ms Tree, why is it the bad guys behind all this is always the NRA, or gun manufactures? This so called treaty was pushed by Obama and the anti-gun agenda and voted down by a bipartisen vote.  And if you're looking for illegal gun trafficers, look no further than our own Govenment. Did you forget about "fast and furious"? ------- People got killed with that one!

Fast and furious has nothing to do with this. The NBA was against it because it was good for their business model. The ATT was /is not going to affect US law in the slightest.

MCI transplant said:
As for the price of guns and ammo, the law of supply and demand apply. More of the general population feel the need to protect their families, and property, the more demand for guns!. Unfortionately  that's just a fact of life today.. As for the price of ammo. -------- http://news.investors.com/politics-andrew-malcolm/020813-643707-obama-homeland-security-vast-ammunition-purchases.htm
please. Just look at the timing and the "scared tactics" used by the right and then look at the price/availability of guns and more importantly ammo. If you don't believe that companies are making a ton of cash off the ignorance of the populace then I have a bridge I want to sell you.

There is no doubt that,at least, the ammo companies are making a killiing! ( no pun intended!) But from whom? The Govrnment!  And, ------ the qustion still hasn't been answeered,. Why does the Government need all that ammo?

MCI transplant said:
There is no doubt that,at least, the ammo companies are making a killiing! ( no pun intended!) But from whom? The Govrnment!  And, ------ the qustion still hasn't been answeered,. Why does the Government need all that ammo?
Yes, they actually have answered the question in full but you have not bothered to look for the answer and it's obvious the sources you use have no interest in telling their target audience what is really going on.  Makes for better conspiracies that way and drives up the cost of ammo for the suckers who think the world is ending and they need to be armed to the teeth.  Mean while the manufactures are laughing at your a$$ all the way tot he bank.  

Right!------- The DHS has ordered 21.6 million rounds just for target practice!?------- You keep believeing that Tree! But you do have one point.. It's really sad that the general population  mistrusts it's own Government.-------- Or is it the other way arround?

Again, you really need to get better sources.  That is not what the DHS said.  

Why is there a DHS? Because "Department of Homeland Security" sounds better than "Schutzstaffel".

Militarization of local Police forces, TSA, NDAA, NSA. Jeh Charles Johnson is the new Goebbels or is it Himmler>

Latest posts