Trump / Bush pull even in the polls. Trouble for the GOP ?

Bandwidth waste warning

Waste-of-bandwidth.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Bad for the party in many ways. Biggest issue will be chasing the moderates out.

He has gone completely off the rails. Attacking his military service should be enough to do him in. I imagine the blow back on this ought to be pretty spectacular.

The really scary part is that people who in 2003 were calling any kid who enlisted a "hero" are now coming out of the woodwork and AGREEING with the Donald that real heros don't get captured.  I wonder if these are the same conservatives today who were liberals in 68 and called Vietnam Vets "baby killers".  If Trump stays up in the polls - I think he should have to spend one week in the same conditions that McCain was in for 6 years.  You know, a place where being "really rich" doesn't make a bit of difference.  They should break both his legs first though.  I'll bet after a week, Trump might just apologize. 

I don't know... there were a lot of people uncomfortable with Trump's xenophobic comments, but this should seal the deal with anyone looking to give him a chance.

The only reason he can shoot at the hip is because he's not accountable to a fundraising committee. At some point, that becomes a false sense of security, and his comments about McCain probably not only tipped the balance, but probably knock the scale off the table entirely.

I do not see how he can seriously continue after this, not that I considered his candidacy anything more than a typical Trump side-show. He was as likely to be nominated as Larry Flynt was in 1984.

Ms Tree said:
Bad for the party in many ways. Biggest issue will be chasing the moderates out.
Yep, too bad the Demorats don't have an African American running....gonna be hard to get the black turn out they did the last 2 times!

eolesen said:
I don't know... there were a lot of people uncomfortable with Trump's xenophobic comments, but this should seal the deal with anyone looking to give him a chance.The only reason he can shoot at the hip is because he's not accountable to a fundraising committee. At some point, that becomes a false sense of security, and his comments about McCain probably not only tipped the balance, but probably knock the scale off the table entirely.I do not see how he can seriously continue after this, not that I considered his candidacy anything more than a typical Trump side-show. He was as likely to be nominated as Larry Flynt was in 1984.
At least Trump brings issues to the forefront that others want to stay away from and sweep under the rug, especially Demorats!

Reactions: 4 people
southwind said:
At least Trump brings issues to the forefront that others want to stay away from and sweep under the rug, especially Demorats!
Really?  On another board I am on, a hard core conservative just posted that at least Trump will force the hand of the "fence sitting" GOP candidates.  And the thing is this....the issue and support Trump has stirred up is pretty much anti hispanic.   So that no matter what side of the fence those GOP'ers who aren't sweeping it under the rug, but aren't saying much about either,  decide to come down on will either alienate the "base" or the hispanics.  Neither is good for the GOP.  

KCFlyer said:
Really?  On another board I am on, a hard core conservative just posted that at least Trump will force the hand of the "fence sitting" GOP candidates.  And the thing is this....the issue and support Trump has stirred up is pretty much anti hispanic.   So that no matter what side of the fence those GOP'ers who aren't sweeping it under the rug, but aren't saying much about either,  decide to come down on will either alienate the "base" or the hispanics.  Neither is good for the GOP.  
And southwind isnt smart enough to realize Hispanic people are the majority of the minorities, and to attack McCain when Trump got four deferments, its simply shows his stupidity and arrogance.