Truth Hurt?

Thanx for "watchin' my back"...KCFlyer.

That day at that "5 Star" was a GOOD one, and I'll never forget it.(too bad my team got BEAT..BOTH days I was in town)

It seemed strange for me(at the time) to journey to semi-rural america, having always flown over it(think BOS/LAX).

Since that time, I recently went to SD, to visit friends(MHT/MSP/RAP), and that too was a rewarding experience for us as well.

Obviously, my use of "SC" in my example was random, but I could have easily used WYOMING, or IDAHO, ..WHICH the last time I checked..was NOT south of the M/D line !!

My point was directed to poor folks living AND VOTING..RED, in heavy RED STATES,....."BUT" I knew that you knew..where I was Coming from.

SO..."tech"...."Tug MyGroin", ..so sorry to disappoint you(thinking that you REALLY know me)

BUT the sun WILL rise tommorow !!

Thanx again KCF :up: :up: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My point was directed to poor folks living AND VOTING..RED, in heavy RED STATES,....."BUT" I knew that you knew..where I was Coming from.

Why are poor folks poor?
Is it a caste system type thing?
Or are they accepting that lifestyle?
Many in his great country left the "poor' ranks and became very successful....
Many are not aggressive in their search for their 'American Dream' I think.
How many stay in the 'hood and how many have left the 'hood'.

People live and adjust to certain income levels....if they do not like staying at certain levels then they seek better jobs,education and so forth.
How they vote is a horse of a different color.

KC:Florida isn't south...its a retirement area for snow belt yankees.... :lol:

Tug MyGroin,

A Google search, tells me that "Tom Corbett", PA/AG...was appointed to his post by REPUG...(former) Governor Tom Ridge,.........and Named to a Federal Judgeship by.............EL-CHIMPO :blink: .

His "blog"/website has ALL Democratic political Law breakers on it, and YOU want ME/US to believe that it's NO accident that there are NO REPUG. Political Law Breakers in Pa.

At this rate, you'll be EXPECTING ME/US to (all) Believe that RUSH BIMBO is NOT an ADDICTED DRUG User, and that Fox News is Fair + Balanced !!

(Tug,...I've got a Bridge in Brooklyn NY for SALE that you might be Interested in) :stupid:

Maybe it’s you who needs to do a little research on the matter before expressing your bias opinions.

Pennsylvania has more legislators than the state of California with a third of the population. The disproportional size of the legislative branch of the Democratic controlled state has been challenged by the few Republicans voted in, yet all measures to reduce the size of state government have effectively been blocked by the Democrats.

Since you are so quick to point the finger at the Republican appointed Attorney General, I think you should read the article before minimizing the efforts of a large number of Democrat supporters in Pennsylvania who blow the whistle on their corrupt State Representatives.

If you had read the article you would have noted this statement from the Attorney General;

“Corbett said the investigation, prosecution, conviction and prison sentence of former Republican Representative Jeff Habay in 2004 and 2005 by the Attorney General's Office for using his legislative staff for campaign and fundraising purposes should have put legislative leaders and their staffs on notice that the Attorney General's office and the courts take a stern view of such illegal activity.â€

That’s right Black Bears, the Republican appointed Attorney General, investigated, prosecuted, convicted and sentenced to prison a Republican Representative for the VERY crimes that the these Democrats are accused of doing. The fact that the Grand Jury, consisting of a majority of Democratic supporters, indicted these Democrats speaks volumes to the resolve of the majority of Democrats in the state that are feed up with the blatant, in your face, corruption so prevalent in Pennsylvania state government.

While the honest, hard working citizens of Pennsylvania were living from paycheck to paycheck, trying to make ends meet, Democratic State Representative Mike Veon was taking a vacation, with his wife and a few staff members, at tax payers expense. The corruption goes much deeper than just this isolated event.

I applaud the moral conviction and resolve of Keystone State citizens, both Democrat and Republican, for blowing the whistle on corrupt State Representatives. I also applaud the actions of the State Attorney General for upholding the laws and constitution of the people, for the people of Pennsylvania.

On a sidebar note, the emoticon you used in your post has a character holding a sign that has an arrow pointing up to my post with the words “I’m with stupid†on it. It appears to imply that I’m stupid and you’re with me on it . . . LOL

How they vote is a horse of a different color.

KC:Florida isn't south...its a retirement area for snow belt yankees.... :lol:

First point - read "Whats the matter with Kansas"...it will certainly show examples of people who vote against their own best interests.

Yeah, I know, Florida is a southern suburb of NYC...although when I lived there (Orlando), it was little more than orange groves and "mom and pop" businesses. I recall when we'd go see my cousins in Canton, Ohio that we thought we were in the big city. And, since once you get about a mile away from the ocean, Florida is kind of ugly, we didn't have many snow birds.

This "child of the South" (born in Florida, raised in Texas) was able to sit down and enjoy lunch with NHBB a while back. You might be surprised at what you find behind the posts, although I do have to admit that even as a Texan, I'm embarrassed by Bush.

Also, pay attention more - our Yale educated president seems to hold similar views about rural America...listen to tapes of his exaggerated "good old boy" twang he whipped out in Southern Missouri during the last election when he told the crowd "OB-GYN's aren't able to practice their love on women across this country."

You are talking about this guy (quote from NHBB):

JESUS,

What's all the fuss ???

A guy, with a "handle" like... "S O U T H" W I N D........ calls Massachusetts Senator Kennedy an IDIOT.

Again, whats so surprising ????

It wasn't so long ago, that these BACK WOODS....INBRED...Red Necks, would leave church on a sunday(from the pastor on down)...FULL of the "WORD of JESUS", then don hoods and robes ph34r.gif ph34r.gif and terrorize/HANG people, or BLOW up churches, with little girls INSIDE !!!!!!!!!!!

I say AGAIN,............."what is SO surprising ???????

You are talking about this guy (quote from NHBB):
One and the same. He and I sparred quite a bit in the day. Talked a bit in PM's, and met him when he came to KC. I was more "anti-union" then - he wasn't. I'm from the South - I'm more offended by the Dukes of Hazzard than those comments. You know why? Because if you read it close, there's a lot of truth to it.

One and the same. He and I sparred quite a bit in the day. Talked a bit in PM's, and met him when he came to KC. I was more "anti-union" then - he wasn't. I'm from the South - I'm more offended by the Dukes of Hazzard than those comments. You know why? Because if you read it close, there's a lot of truth to it.
I am not going to debate someone's character here.

His posts represent that.

Enough said.

I am not going to debate someone's character here.

His posts represent that.

Enough said.
YOu don't have to debate his character. I know him, you don't. I lived (and had family) in the south (Georgia, Virginia, North Carolina, and Texas). I don't know that you have. I know many "good christians" who hated me for being a Catholic. Yep...it wasn't just blacks the KKK didn't like. And they'd thump their bible and burn a cross all in the same day. That's the way it was. And that was as late as the 1960's. And it still exists today. Sorry if you don't like it.

And while his choice of words of "inbred" might have been a bit rough, the GOP has actively pursued the very same bible thumping/cross burning folks that I've seen. Make no mistake...they've given nothing BACK for their vote...if anything, they've taken things away (except their guns). But they still get their votes, even as companies pack up and move, leaving few jobs, and those that remain pay next to nothing. The GOP runs in those states on "God, Gays, and Guns" and the folks eat it up.

Many..Many THANX..KCFLYER, for ALL your TRUTHFULL words !!

And..."tech",

Your "come back" to KCF.........(thats ASSUMING that you even have one NOW) will be..?????????????????????????????

(I believe the Topic title is.............."TRUTH HURT" ???

How Appropos !!

And while his choice of words of "inbred" might have been a bit rough, the GOP has actively pursued the very same bible thumping/cross burning folks that I've seen. Make no mistake...they've given nothing BACK for their vote...if anything, they've taken things away (except their guns). But they still get their votes, even as companies pack up and move, leaving few jobs, and those that remain pay next to nothing. The GOP runs in those states on "God, Gays, and Guns" and the folks eat it up.

So did David Duke get recruited by Robert Byrd or what?

Curious....where can you show me where GOP has recruited these cross burning/bible thumpers?

Isn't the Democratic party know for disenfranchising the black vote?

Doesn't the Dem party cater to Gays for votes?

As to getting something back for their vote......show me what you and I have gotten from either party that has really helped us.....all the Dem's do is keep giving handouts and entitlements for votes.Just wait when the Mexican thing gets finished.

Why have none of the candidates or present seated government grown a set and attacked the SSI issue and how its run and if it was corporate they'd be in jail?

I think if the Commie from Chi-town or the old fart were to aggressively go after this...they would win in a landslide.

No one has a plan...just daily position shifts to suck butt for our vote.... ;)

Dem arm of the KKK

The KKK was the ''terrorist arm of the Democratic Party.'' Democrats, in addition to waging ''war on God,'' are still mired in sex and financial scandals.

The strident comments and images -- replete with a Ku Klux Klan rally snapshot that notes ''every person in this photo was a Democrat'' -- has outraged Democrats and caught the Republican Party of Florida flat-footed as well.

But Democrats say the magazine omits the fact that many Southern Democrats joined the GOP after the 1960s civil rights movement.

'You could change the caption to say, `All of these people are now Republicans,' because the Democratic Party no longer suited their racist Southern strategy,'' said Dan Gelber, a Democratic state legislator from Miami Beach.

So the ex KKK Dems are now in charge?

You'll love the source

The original targets of the Ku Klux Klan were Republicans, both black and white, according to a new television program and book, which describe how the Democrats started the KKK :blink: and for decades harassed the GOP with lynchings and threats.

I must in all fairness warn you that this guy is a typical Right Wing Christian Republican distorting facts and figures for his own merit.

Theres even Gay KKK.....just have to be Democrats.

DELL,

As your GOOD CYBER Friend, I'm ASKING you to,... ONCE and FOR.ALL...S T O P. saying that the democrat congress hasn't "done Anything since regaining Power in 2006" !!

And DELL. ..I KNOW.....YOU Know why I'm ASKING(perhaps) DEMANDING this from YOU !

As long as the Democratic controlled Congress, can NOT attract ENOUGH REPUGS to join their Majority,................THEY DON"T HAVE ENOUGH VOTES TO "OVERRIDE"..EL-CHIMPO'S VETOS !!

Now DELL,

To "this" point, please tell me where I'm wrong ?

Thank You !

So did David Duke get recruited by Robert Byrd or what?
No, it was Jessie Helms.

Curious....where can you show me where GOP has recruited these cross burning/bible thumpers?
see Nixon's "southern strategy". Also...look way back to the 1860's and the American Civil War. What was the purpose of the war? State's rights. Now look to 1980 and Ronald Reagan kicking off his campaign over....states rights.

Isn't the Democratic party know for disenfranchising the black vote?
Back in the old days yes. But wasn't it the democrats who pretty much got civil rights legislation enacted?

Doesn't the Dem party cater to Gays for votes?
Probably. Does the gay population bomb "straight" churches or beat up straights just because they are straight?

As to getting something back for their vote......show me what you and I have gotten from either party that has really helped us.....all the Dem's do is keep giving handouts and entitlements for votes.Just wait when the Mexican thing gets finished.
And more and more "red staters" have watched companies ship jobs overseas, but still somehow think that extra $300 bribe they got this year means that the GOP is looking out for them

So the ex KKK Dems are now in charge?
Again, refer to Nixon's "southern strategy". A lot of the racist democrat senators and congressmen became republicans to embrace this "strategy". Were democrats racist - yes they were. Especially in the late 1800's and early 1900's. But what about Truman integrating the Army? That started a shift...many of the racist democrat voters and congressmen weren't pleased about that. When the democratic party began to embrace the civil rights movement, a whole bunch of southern democrat voters and congressmen became republicans. Look at any historical map of the shift in political leanings and see what years the southern states started to "go red". Was it all because of tax cuts?

Theres even Gay KKK.....just have to be Democrats.

And those people have issues - why join a group to hate yourself?

DELL,

As your GOOD CYBER Friend, I'm ASKING you to,... ONCE and FOR.ALL...S T O P. saying that the democrat congress hasn't "done Anything since regaining Power in 2006" !!

And DELL. ..I KNOW.....YOU Know why I'm ASKING(perhaps) DEMANDING this from YOU !

As long as the Democratic controlled Congress, can NOT attract ENOUGH REPUGS to join their Majority,................THEY DON"T HAVE ENOUGH VOTES TO "OVERRIDE"..EL-CHIMPO'S VETOS !!

Now DELL,

To "this" point, please tell me where I'm wrong ?

Thank You !

And just maybe the reason why they can't attract enough GOP votes is because they are wrong.

If the Dem congress is doing so frigging good...why then do they have the lowest ratings ever?

They talked a lot of crap during the election and it has not paid off....it will hurt them.

Stopped the war.....GOP surge=success

Lowered gas prices=BS

And just maybe the reason why they can't attract enough GOP votes is because they are wrong.

If the Dem congress is doing so frigging good...why then do they have the lowest ratings ever?

They talked a lot of crap during the election and it has not paid off....it will hurt them.

Stopped the war.....GOP surge=success

Lowered gas prices=BS

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Quote;

THEY TALKED A LOT OF CRAP DURING THE ELECTION......"AND IT HAS NOT PAID OFF".................................................................

JESUS/MARY and JOSEPH............DELL,..................IT has NOT PAID off because they don't have a VETO PROOF MAJORITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHRIST,................IF I didn't know any better..(DELL),......I'd be thinking that I was TALKING/(posting) to..Tug McGroin... :blink: