TUL rumor not good for US Airways Mechanics

overhauler

Mar 19, 2012
Heard a rumor in the hangar today, that once merger closes, Pittsburgh and Charlotte maintenance is going away. I for one will welcome any mechanic that decides to come to TUL! I almost went to work for USAir in Pittsburgh back in the early 80's, USAir maintenance program was a class operation in those days.

Well rumors dont mean anything, CLT and PIT Heavy Maintenance are contractually protected stations under the IAM/US CBA, and what happens at AA means nothing till a JCBA is negotiated and changes made.

700UW, I hope it doesn't come to that. I only have a couple more years left before I retire, several of my counterparts at US Airways are in the same boat, heck some of us served together! I hate to see anyone have to uproot and move, especially at our age. I seen it happen time and time again. AA guys coming to TUL from JFK, Eastern guys coming to TUL from Miami, and of course the rotten deal the TWA guys got....only a few of them made it here, mostly machinist because AA needed the skill.

We have had hangars closed in SAN, TPA, PIT, GSO, and INT, US employees have been through this for over 20 years.

And like I said CLT and PIT heavy are protected stations, they IAM will not agree to close them, but I know the company wants to close PIT.

Wait til the IAM waives the language via LOA for the company, they gave away UA cargo without a fight.

Josh

You are off topic.

Come back when you can add to the thread, this is about US and AA, not UA.

The language will not be waived, I know most of the people on the NC, and they went to negotiations today.

Go back to your bridge.

The fighting machinists are all talk but get owned by the co and run away with their tail between their legs. When is the last time the IAM actually did something good for workers in this industry? CO cargo was profitable, UA was outsourced thanks to the IAM, non-union CO was in house. A real union would have taken the better of the two and brought sUA in house.

Josh

You are off topic.

Come back when you can add to the thread, this is about US and AA, not UA or CO.

And like I said CLT and PIT heavy are protected stations, they IAM will not agree to close them, but I know the company wants to close PIT.

700UW, what if the IAM and US Airways don't settle before the merger is finalized, and say the TWU wins representation for the combined group of mechanics? Do you think the TWU will fight to keep CLT and PIT open? I stand on record against this merger. It will not benefit the mechanic groups on either side.

Who said there was going to be an election?

The IAM and TWU agreed to an alliance that will be voted on.

Who said there was going to be an election?

The IAM and TWU agreed to an alliance that will be voted on.

With Jim Little on the way out.....we will have to wait and see if that ever happens.

Back