Two million peace loving Nazi's protest DC

Of course it had nothing to do with the failure of the Bush Administration and the Republican majority...

I hear baking soda and water works for that sick feeling in your stomach. :lol:

So tell me hows the new Congress doing?

A lot if not worse than those they chastised.

How's that change working out?

You must enjoy the new Hope and Change suppositories....... :lol:

Obamanation-H-Suppositories--59967.jpg

So tell me hows the new Congress doing?

Congressional approval ratings will continue to decline...until some kind of Health Reform passes, and they can move on to other business. You can see that the republicans are sinking as fast as the democrats. They both need to get some legislation passed. If the republicans continue to simply try and block anything the dem's try and do, they will pay again in 2010. Mark my words. Obstructionism never wins the favor of the electorate.

Congressional Ratings

Looking at Congress as a whole, their numbers continue to move downward. In May,
they were at a high with 31% giving Congress positive ratings, but in June this
dropped to 25% positive and currently just 22% give them positive ratings while
almost four in five Americans (78%) give them negative ones. The rating of
individual parties and leaders in Congress are not any better:

* One in five Americans (21%) give Democrats in Congress positive ratings while
47% give them negative ones and one-third (32%) say they are not familiar enough
to have an opinion

* Even lower numbers (12%) give Republicans in Congress positive ratings and
over half (52%) give them negative ones while 37% are not familiar with them;

* Looking at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, 19% of Americans give her job positive
marks but almost half (48%) give her negative ones and one-third (33%) are not
familiar with her;

* However, her familiarity is better than any of the other leaders in Congress.
Staying in the House, three-quarter of Americans (73%) are not familiar with
House Minority Leader John Boehner, with 8% giving him positive ratings and 19%
negative marks; and

* Three in five Americans (61%) are not familiar with Senate Majority Leader
Harry Reid, while 10% give him positive marks and 29% give him negative ones. On
the other side of the aisle, 72% of Americans are not familiar enough with
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to have an opinion, 8% give him positive
marks and 20% give him negative ratings.
Source: Reuters. This Harris Poll was conducted online within the United States August 10 and 18,2009, among 2,498 adults (aged 18 and over).

They both need to get some legislation passed. If the republicans continue to simply try and block anything the dem's try and do, they will pay again in 2010. Mark my words. Obstructionism never wins the favor of the electorate.
Oh really? It is the dems who are blocking coherent reform. Prime example is the "you lie" outburst actually set the wheels in motion to change the bill to enact enforcement.

Enforcement that was brought to the dems attention via an amendment introduced by the repubs. The dems denied the amendment until it was thrown into the national spotlight with Joes outburst.

Now that's change you can believe in!

Show of hands...how many remember the HMO effect on their health care? My health care isn't what it use to be. Now I have to accept a higher priced/lower quality care so that I can pay for the uninsured!

If you don't see it coming, wait for it :ph34r:

please tell me what you are basing this on. Facts only please, not opinions.
I was basing on the poll that I posted with that statement. I guess you overlooked that portion that I highlighted in red???

Here it is for you again:

Looking at Congress as a whole, their numbers continue to move downward. In May,
they were at a high with 31% giving Congress positive ratings, but in June this
dropped to 25% positive and currently just 22% give them positive ratings while
almost four in five Americans (78%) give them negative ones. The rating of
individual parties and leaders in Congress are not any better:

* One in five Americans (21%) give Democrats in Congress positive ratings while
47% give them negative ones and one-third (32%) say they are not familiar enough
to have an opinion

* Even lower numbers (12%) give Republicans in Congress positive ratings and
over half (52%) give them negative ones while 37% are not familiar with them;

Congressional approval ratings will continue to decline...until some kind of Health Reform passes, and they can move on to other business.

If the republicans continue to simply try and block anything the dem's try and do, they will pay again in 2010. Mark my words. Obstructionism never wins the favor of the electorate.

Last I heard if HC passes its the end of DNC as you know it.
You ASSume GOP will reach across the aisle...don't even look for a reach around from them.
How come committee proposals get nixed when GOP offers?? :shock:
So much for the partisan gig.....

Last I heard if HC passes its the end of DNC as you know it.
They said the same thing when Medicare was passed.

You will be proven wrong. As the republicans see that this thing will pass, and it will actually end up being popular, you will see some eventually vote for the final bill, in whatever form it takes. If I am wrong, I will be here to admit it. However, history is on my side.

History:

Johnson had the political muscle to pass Medicare because the 1964 elections ushered in 42 new Democrats to the House of Representatives, [Sound Familiar?] giving the party a two-thirds majority overall and a larger majority on the Ways and Means Committee, where the legislation would originate. Up until then, many members of the committee, including its Democratic chairman, Wilbur D. Mills, opposed the idea of government-funded health care. In fact, Mills proved a tough sell in 1965 until some of his own pet proposals were added to the legislation. One of those — the addition of a voluntary, supplemental health care plan — had its roots in a Republican alternative bill.

In the House, no Republicans voted for the bill until it reached the floor [Again, sound familiar?]. It passed the Ways and Means Committee by a party-line vote of 17-8, although the panel's GOP members endorsed some of the bill's non-health care related provisions, according to the 1965 Congressional Quarterly Almanac .

Likewise, all four Republicans on the House Rules Committee — the panel that sets the boundaries of debate on all bills that come to the House floor — voted against the bill.
Source

Dude..........in the face of angry Conservative Dem,Rep's and Indies at town hall meetings.....
and 2010 looming......don't hold your breath.

Your only shot is reconciliation and that will be the last straw.

Take those glasses of dude.....

Dude..........in the face of angry Conservative Dem,Rep's and Indies at town hall meetings.....
and 2010 looming......don't hold your breath.

Your only shot is reconciliation and that will be the last straw.

Take those glasses of dude.....
You are underestimating the power of a politician to change his/her stance.

Pay close attention as thing thing moves.

I am ready to eat crow if necessary Dell.

Baked or fried?? :lol:

Like I said.....I don't think the masses have been this po'd in a long time......In Pa an election or two ago just about everyone who took a midnite pay raise got voted out...only the ones who refused or returned it still work here...its spread all over the country...Dude...we are in exciting political times.....Pol's have been out of touch for a long time, look at some of the comments coming out of the party in control about us exercising Constitutional rights....our rights they are supposed to uphold and defend...when the hell has a congress been so out of touch??its unbelievable.("let them eat cake")
I think the silent majority is coming back...God Bless USA :up:

Hey Einstein, the Dems dont need the repubs for this boondoggle. The facts in evidence is that that the dems have the numbers to pass it. But they cant. They cant even sell it to their own party!

What I estimated will happen is that they will force it down our throats via the reconciliation process, lose a healthy amount of seats in both houses in 2010 and Obama will be toast in 2012. Healthcare bill will then be gutted and real change can take effect.

and in a more recent poll I get another story. You see why I am questioning..................

Repubs over Dems

From the poll in my source:

This Harris Poll was conducted online within the United States August 10 and 18,2009, among 2,498 adults (aged 18 and over).

From yours:

The national telephone survey of 3,500 Likely Voters was conducted by Rasmussen Reports August 24-August 30, 2009.

A couple weeks apart.

Show of hands...how many remember the HMO effect on their health care? My health care isn't what it use to be. Now I have to accept a higher priced/lower quality care so that I can pay for the uninsured!

If you don't see it coming, wait for it :ph34r:

Perhaps if there were no uninsured the cost would be less. Last thing I read was that emergency care always cost far more than preventive care. As with so many other issues in this country, pay a little up front or pay a whole lot more in the end. We seem to always choose the latter and wonder why we are so back assward.

Latest posts