TWU attempts to raid AMFA AMT's

1AA

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/2012/12/twu-launches-union-drive-of-southwest-mechanics-to-decertify-amfa.html

The lengths the TWU will go to try to divert the interest at AA to dump the TWU.

TWU is so desperate that now they are trying to discredit AMFA at SWA. Who's is next? Alaska Airlines.

Can anyone at SWA verify this or is it just a bunch of bull?

I haven't heard of anything yet or received a TWU card. But what I have heard a lot of is mechanics that are unhappy with AMFA. But if members don't go to union meetings or take part then it doesn't matter what union we have as we will always be a weak union group. And another thing we have only been amendable since August so no worries and don't get in a hurry to get a new one. Just be patient guys/girls. Good things will come if we hold tight and stick together.

Reactions: 1 person
As an AA amt and former pan am AMT I have been stuck with the TWU for 25 years. I can tell you your better off with AMFA than the TWU!

http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/2012/12/twu-launches-union-drive-of-southwest-mechanics-to-decertify-amfa.html

The lengths the TWU will go to try to divert the interest at AA to dump the TWU.

TWU is so desperate that now they are trying to discredit AMFA at SWA. Who's is next? Alaska Airlines.

Complete BS.
Almost all the mechanics here know how long it takes to negotiate a contract. The TWU does not speed up that process for the other work groups it represents.
Only the Airtran guys and new hires have not been through it yet.

Contract talks just recently started, who could possibly think they have gone too long already?

If they are truly going to waste money on this then it is just a poor attempt at a shot across the bow, but in reality it is laughable.

As an AA amt and former pan am AMT I have been stuck with the TWU for 25 years. I can tell you your better off with AMFA than the TWU!

Sadly, the TWU is wasting your dues money in a futile attempt to represent us here at SW. I got my flyer in the mail yesterday. Used it for toilet paper. It was rough and cut my arse. Stopped up the commode too.

Sadly, the TWU is wasting your dues money in a futile attempt to represent us here at SW. I got my flyer in the mail yesterday. Used it for toilet paper. It was rough and cut my arse. Stopped up the commode too.

Good move.

DO NOT go with the TWU. You'll be sorry. I know, I have 20+ years with the TWU and they're worthless!

http://blogs.star-te...rtify-amfa.html

This is quite laghable. Nobody has heard anything about this at work. I am sure this is an attempt to get mechs at AA to vote TWU. If they can show even a little support for the TWU here it might help the TWU at AA.
Question; who gave them our information in order to mail out hundreds of cards? I would be willing to put 100 bucks that the teamsters gave it out.
This is just a mere attempt to gain more votes over at AA. TWU will not be able to get a vote.
For you guys that are in a rush for a new contract, it's going to be awhile on this one. Just remember, everything remains status quo until a new contract is approved by the membership no matter how long it takes. The entire membership needs to tell the nego committee to demand retro. If the co knows up front that they will not get a contract unless retro is being included, they would drag their feet so much. RETRO...

Southwest TWU represented dispatchers get higher pay than any other dispatchers right even the ones at cargo carriers right? Southwest TWU represented F/A's are the highest paid in the industry right? AMTs at Southwest should get onboard with the union that have better success with Southwest management. AMFA has not kept as much work in house and increase pay and benefits like the TWU has with Ramp, F/A's and Dispatchers.

Don't believe what the TWU is selling, if they do mail anything or come to your home or call your house.

You guys at SWA got rid of the IBT due to failure. We at AA are attempting to do the same with the TWU.

This is a joint venture between the (TWU & IBT) to discredit AMFA. Industrial union bs. The TWU raids SWA and the IBT raids AA is an attempting to force AMFA to spend money. Then they (TWU & IBT ) can both say they rid the airlines of the mechanics union. ( I can't prove this just my opinion )

There are guys at UAL waiting to have the intergration finished, so they can start a card drive there to return to AMFA. There is also a group from the IAM doing the same at UAL to remove the IBT and bring back the IAM.

Look at AA's history the TWU has given up so much over the yrs its sickening. Take a look at what we gave up here due the fact that the TWU and the company have been in bed together for ever.

1/2 pay for sick days - NO More double time- 5 Holidays GONE - 1.5 rate for over time and Holidays - NO Pension -depending on how much time at AA weeks of vacation - shift pay.

"YES" here at AA we are the last of the carriers to have our O/H facilities attacked but now its happening. Farming out of work has reached AA. It's the new way of all airlines to ship our work to outside vendors. Wether it be here in states or to overseas MRO's its happening every where.

We here at AA are hoping to file and get a vote, and when we do we can join you SWA/Alaska to rid our class and craft of the industrial catch all unions that have held our wage earning potential back for all these yrs.

Say NO to the TWU. No accountability No representation Just read our board about whats going on here at AA.

Stay strong and don't give up the fight to keep our class and craft union alive.

Complete BS.
Almost all the mechanics here know how long it takes to negotiate a contract. The TWU does not speed up that process for the other work groups it represents.
Only the Airtran guys and new hires have not been through it yet.

Contract talks just recently started, who could possibly think they have gone too long already?

If they are truly going to waste money on this then it is just a poor attempt at a shot across the bow, but in reality it is laughable.
Just wanted to point out that some of the Airtran guys have never been through true contract negotiations. I myself went through numerous nasty contract negotiations at nwa, one lasting 5 years. As many of you know how the last one turned out. There are many ex nwa guys and even a few ex Eastern guys here, so yes some of us know about contract negotiations.

Just wanted to point out that some of the Airtran guys have never been through true contract negotiations. I myself went through numerous nasty contract negotiations at nwa, one lasting 5 years. As many of you know how the last one turned out. There are many ex nwa guys and even a few ex Eastern guys here, so yes some of us know about contract negotiations.

Many ex NWA guys there? Hmm, Overspin and the lawyers the TWU hired tell us that all the NWA guys are unemployed or earning a fraction of what they used to earn. If they are at Southwest then they are probably earning more than they used to. Good for you guys.

Many ex NWA guys there? Hmm, Overspin and the lawyers the TWU hired tell us that all the NWA guys are unemployed or earning a fraction of what they used to earn. If they are at Southwest then they are probably earning more than they used to. Good for you guys.
Yep you got us there Bob. Southwest added only 500 AMTs max since AMFA took on NWA and won a moral victory. All 6,000 some odd ex-NWA AMTs are on Southwest payroll making $42 now. You got us there Bob!

Bob the TWU has a great track record of adding jobs and getting the highest pay in the industry for the job classifications represented there. Time to ditch AMFA and join the most successful union on the property!

Gotta love that re-run of the Nat'l election under the guise of a posting on AMFA letterhead. While it may have been a violation would it have warranted a DOL rerun? I doubt it. The vote tally shows the incumbent officers got resoundingly kicked out of office for the great job they were doing or not doing. Scam! The sham of AMFA is showing.