TWU attempts to raid AMFA AMT's

Wow! Sick evil person? That's all you got? That's awesome!

I said if you saw Gless signing up people for AMFA then do whatever you have to do Bob. Take him out. Don did what? Take him out Bob. Where's the charges?

I don't have to spin Prisco's comments. He said it himself as an AMFA president that outsourcing is here and they can't fight it. Great job and you approve based on your comments. That's what you want Bob just what AMFA wants. A pay day for an ever shrinking group of AMTs. When does it stop? Probably when it gets to you Bob and that my brother is evil.

You aren't a union guy, you only stick up for the group your in which is line. AMFA has only stood up for the line AMT. They tried to dump facilities and automotive in the past from class and craft. But you love AMFA Bob.

Bob as union officer you are now admitting that you, like your friends at AMFA, did not understand the existing laws we operate under in our industry? So you,like AMFA advised the membership to vote down a deal and risk going on strike when you knew, like AMFA, that management could abrogate the contracts? Seham has a job for you in his law firm Bob. You're first rate.

Fact is that the TWU has done better than any other union retaining jobs and benefits in BK. TWU has negotiated a far better contract on Southwest property than AMFA. TWU negotiated a great agreement for Tech Specs and Dispatchers that survived relatively unscathed through BK and they listened to the TWU Int'l and the attorneys in BK.

I can't wait until our fellow Southwest AMTs join up.

Spin, spin spin.
All you do is defend giving AA everything they want and promote business unionism.

You accuse Joe Prisco of selling out his own coworkers, yet they reelected him. True you don't have to spin his comments, but you did.You spin what he said by not revealing the context in which it was said. Do we or did we ever do ALL our OH in house? NO, in fact we were the leaders in Outsoucing via the CR Smith letter which states they outsource to avoid layoffs.

Yes I knew they could abrogate, so what? They abrogated the pilots and did their world come to an end? No. Lets say they abrogated the M&R agreement, what would have happened? Would they have outsourced the 777 and closed AFW? Maybe, but apparently its not that easy, AFW is still open and we have scores of mechanics waiting to be released by the company, I suspect if they had abrogated they would be no further along than they are, perhaps even not as far. Some of our SIS guys may have to just quit because they may not be granted their SIS. New York and LAX are likely to be hiring off the street by the spring. Would they have laid off 4500 mechanics and outsourced all the NBs? Doubtful, because capacity is tight, you knew that didn't you? The company shared that info with us. More than likely they wont even get to their 35% limit any time soon because their simply isnt the capacity out there. But you gave them six years to get to it. The MROs don't have the mechanics to take on the extra work, however we could have been working towards being released by the NMB. maybe it never would have happened but the publicity would shake up the UCC and cause book away, and put more pressure on management to come to a fairer deal. The fact is we will never know what the result would have been had we been standing next to the pilots, (and most likely the FAs) had the vote been decided the other way. We saw how the court kept pushing the decision date back, no carrier ever faced three groups that would be hard to outsource all saying NO.

So keep on spinning, anyone who reads these blogs can see how you spin, spin . spin and avoid answering questions. How you repeat accusations over and over again without anything to support them, you must believe that you are something special, but I doubt even you believe what you write here, you just think others will.

Hmm, refuse to reply to Gless comment but defend Don. Of course you skipped how he kissed Eds behind after demanding his removal, "my mentor".

Keep trying to spin Joe Prisco's comments. He's more of a Union man than you will ever be, his peers elected him under the IAM, AMFA and the IBT. By the way he was elected by Overhaul mechanics at UAL. Obviously they dont feel that he sold them out. He is still representing mechanics at SFO.

The fact is that when our peers had nearly all their maintenance in house we had the CR Smith letter that explicitly allowed outsourcing, then we removed A&Ps from receive and dispatch, hundreds less mechanics needed across the system, then Deicing, less OT for mechanics, then we were the first to remove A&P mechanics at A&P rates from the shops and replace them with SRPs. We were the first to have B scale, the only one to have a 12 year progression, the only one to lose the first year on the pension, we did those things while other carriers had as much or more of their maint in house. The fact is we never did ALL of our maintenance in house and prior to 2001 we were the leader in Outsourcing among the legacy carriers.

"when every other airline union that represents M&R has gone through BK"

So is the strategy to leave BK as it is until WN goes through BK? What if that doesn't happen and in 2020 AA makes another trip to the old customs house in Manhattan? You are a sick evil person and a plague upon the profession.
I love how when an AMFA President says he acknowledges that outsourcing is here to stay and it can't be stopped and when Don V and Gless say that outsourcing is a real threat you have two different responses. You defend the AMFA President and call TWU Don V and Gless weak. You can't keep your lies straight.

Looks like you just don't like Don V and Gless and its personal with you.

I love how when an AMFA President says he acknowledges that outsourcing is here to stay and it can't be stopped and when Don V and Gless say that outsourcing is a real threat you have two different responses. You defend the AMFA President and call TWU Don V and Gless weak. You can't keep your lies straight.

Looks like you just don't like Don V and Gless and its personal with you.

More spin, AA has always outsourced, so why would a President from UAL stating that promising to bring all work in house at UAL is unrealistic be wrong? Didn't we just agree to outsource 35% of the maintenance spend?

I say Gless and Videtich are weak because they believe in giving the company everything they want, whether its supporting AAs application for anti trust immunity with BA, or eliminating the QAM requirement that line mechanics have experience or giving AA a contract that leaves their mechanics at the bottom of the industry. Personal, No, they are helping the company destroy the profession by driving wages down so low that nobody will want the job anymore. I just want them to act like real unionists instead of company lapdogs.

Reactions: 1 person
More spin, AA has always outsourced, so why would a President from UAL stating that promising to bring all work in house at UAL is unrealistic be wrong? Didn't we just agree to outsource 35% of the maintenance spend?

I say Gless and Videtich are weak because they believe in giving the company everything they want, whether its supporting AAs application for anti trust immunity with BA, or eliminating the QAM requirement that line mechanics have experience or giving AA a contract that leaves their mechanics at the bottom of the industry. Personal, No, they are helping the company destroy the profession by driving wages down so low that nobody will want the job anymore. I just want them to act like real unionists instead of company lapdogs.
AA's outsourcing spend was around 10% to 20% for decades while other airlines progressed to percentages 40% and above. You know that but you continue to lie about it.

The TWU negotiated down from the 1113c ask of 40% plus existing outsource spend of 10% to 20% which adds up to what Southwest currently outsources at. The TWU negotiated that down to max 35% which no union has done in BK so that's a win Bob. You wanted to risk going to abrogation where the BK courts have always sided with the management ask. But like I said Bob, that's what you wanted. To dump overhaul so you could get your geo-pay. You favor the AMFA track record of trading massive amounts of overhaul work for a few dollars for the 20% that stayed as AMFA members. AMFA screwed over 80% of the members they had in 2004. Nice work AMFA, took their dues and their jobs.

The line maintenance requirement was for incumbent union members wanting to better themselves by going to A&P school and transferring to aircraft maintenance. Are you saying union membership has no value? That members should not be encouraged to try to better themselves? And you call me evil.

You are no unionist. The TWU has and continues to stand up for people getting a fair chance. You are no unionist, you want an ever shrinking group, as long as your in it, to get more money while you step on the careers of overhaul and newly licensed people to get it. You are a true blue union guy...not!

Come out of the closet Bob so we can see you the real you. The one that subscribes to the AMFA philosophy of sacrificing 80% of their members for a few dollars more. The gap between AA AMTs and Southwest would have been around $4 and hour (second to only WN on the line) with our pension intact, holidays mostly restored, and vacation added back in if we had accepted the deal in 2010 you recommended against. The TWU represented dispatchers and tech specs listened to Don and Gless and KEPT their raises and gains except for the pension in BK. We on the other hand listened to your AMFA fueled rhetoric and ended up with no gains from the 2010 TA and second to the bottom in pay during BK.

Bob you are at for yourself and lie constantly.

The only thing they will join up on if the TWU gets their way is the unemployment line.
But that will NEVER happen. Keep dropping those blank cards in the mail.

Not completely blank. Just make sure they cannot use it as a count towards the TWU tally.

No, AMFA gave up on fighting outsourcing. From AMFA Local 9 President Prisco following AMFA's defeat at UA.

‘The Teamsters aren’t very informed about MRO [Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul facilities] and what the changes have been for the last 20 years. Their basic position is all work should be done at the airlines. Well, that ain’t going to happen. That argument should have been made 20 years ago, when the outsourcing trend was starting’, he said.”

Anyone can read that and see he was talking about the teamsters. Twister.

Hey OverSPIN why not set up a informational meeting with the SWA AMT's?
If the TWU is so much better than the AMFA for AMT's then you should have no problem getting cards signed. How bout it mr. know it all?

Your not getting your point across here in your favor so maybe a face with the claims and proof might get one more card signed.

The Teamsters and AMFA had meetings across the system. Now it is your turn.
Please do not coward on us with another spin.

AA's outsourcing spend was around 10% to 20% for decades while other airlines progressed to percentages 40% and above. You know that but you continue to lie about it.

The TWU negotiated down from the 1113c ask of 40% plus existing outsource spend of 10% to 20% which adds up to what Southwest currently outsources at. The TWU negotiated that down to max 35% which no union has done in BK so that's a win Bob. You wanted to risk going to abrogation where the BK courts have always sided with the management ask. But like I said Bob, that's what you wanted. To dump overhaul so you could get your geo-pay. You favor the AMFA track record of trading massive amounts of overhaul work for a few dollars for the 20% that stayed as AMFA members. AMFA screwed over 80% of the members they had in 2004. Nice work AMFA, took their dues and their jobs.

The line maintenance requirement was for incumbent union members wanting to better themselves by going to A&P school and transferring to aircraft maintenance. Are you saying union membership has no value? That members should not be encouraged to try to better themselves? And you call me evil.

You are no unionist. The TWU has and continues to stand up for people getting a fair chance. You are no unionist, you want an ever shrinking group, as long as your in it, to get more money while you step on the careers of overhaul and newly licensed people to get it. You are a true blue union guy...not!

Come out of the closet Bob so we can see you the real you. The one that subscribes to the AMFA philosophy of sacrificing 80% of their members for a few dollars more. The gap between AA AMTs and Southwest would have been around $4 and hour (second to only WN on the line) with our pension intact, holidays mostly restored, and vacation added back in if we had accepted the deal in 2010 you recommended against. The TWU represented dispatchers and tech specs listened to Don and Gless and KEPT their raises and gains except for the pension in BK. We on the other hand listened to your AMFA fueled rhetoric and ended up with no gains from the 2010 TA and second to the bottom in pay during BK.

Bob you are at for yourself and lie constantly.

In another thread you state that AA does all maint in house. I knew this was not all true when you stated but declined to call you out on it as I did not have 100% of the facts. However, now you post that AA has always done around 20%. I also think I have read that Bob has also posted that AA has always done some kind of outsoursing whether it be landing gear, sub parts or A/C maint. Man you should be on Fox News spin factor.
In the above quote you provided that the loc 9 pres said about outsoursing, it appears to me that he is talking about the teamsters as he metions them right off the bat. However, he may have been talking about the industry as a whole. And he spoke the truth. Outsoursing has been around since the very beginning, and it will continue into the future. As we can all see by the TWU at AA agreeing to outsource more and more, as well as agreeing to job losses, and yet again more concessions...

Hey OverSPIN why not set up a informational meeting with the SWA AMT's?
If the TWU is so much better than the AMFA for AMT's then you should have no problem getting cards signed. How bout it mr. know it all?

Your not getting your point across here in your favor so maybe a face with the claims and proof might get one more card signed.

The Teamsters and AMFA had meetings across the system. Now it is your turn.
Please do not coward on us with another spin.

By all means pls do. What a great suggestion. Can't wait to attend.

Has anyone at SWA gotten any flyers or cards mailed to your homes from the TWU?

How much of a mush is actually going on at SWA?

I hope that you all write AMFA at SWA and mail the cards back, so the twu can pay the postage to/fro.

SWAMT if you hear about a meeting at SWA I would like to attend that as well, I enjoy a good laugh as well.

Anyone can read that and see he was talking about the teamsters. Twister.
Exactly. He said the UA members bought in to the idea that all work should be done in house. That's what the Teamsters were telling members at UA that work needs to stop being outsourced. Prisco the AMFA Local 9 President stated that keeping work in-house is not going to happen. He admitted what I have been saying all along, AMFA has given up on overhaul.

No spin. Your guy's words.

And only 11 days left on the Mayan calendar. Too bad you just won't have enough cards before the end of time.
The Mayan calendar doesn't end in 11 days. It just recycles. You got sucked in to that fantasy as well I see.

The Mayan calendar doesn't end in 11 days. It just recycles. You got sucked in to that fantasy as well I see.
I believe in the Mayan calendar about as much as I believe the TWU's "fantasy" that they will ever successfully represent a single mechanic outside of AA. In fact I'd bet a 30 oz. pop on it.

Exactly. He said the UA members bought in to the idea that all work should be done in house. That's what the Teamsters were telling members at UA that work needs to stop being outsourced. Prisco the AMFA Local 9 President stated that keeping work in-house is not going to happen. He admitted what I have been saying all along, AMFA has given up on overhaul.

No spin. Your guy's words.

Pure spin, The IBT was raiding UAL and telling the guys that they would make UAL bring all the work in house, despite the fact they never did that at UPS or WN when they were there. Joe was simply honestly answering the outrageus claims made by the IBT, similar to the way the TWU honestly responded to the IBTs claims that if elected here they would force the company to reopen the contract.

So tell us OS, when is the TWU going to force AA to bring all the work in house? After the next contract when we agree to work for minimum wage and no benefits?

Latest posts