TWU Chapter 11 - AA 1113 Filing

WE didn't volutarily bring ourselves down any lower than we already are ! WE ARE THE LOWEST OF THE LOW .This should have happended 8yrs ago.Guess what no more B/K threat,no more paying to store a/c in desert that will never make a dime for AA.No more paying Managment bonus with money out of the employees pockets that make this Airline run!!

You honestly believe they are not going to reward themselves handsomely with the new stock while you take further concessions?
I bet they are each rewarded for the stock option value they lost, and then some on top of that total.
Where in the hell do you guys come up with these beliefs? Simply amazing how one attempts to justify a mistake.

So those who disagree with your obvious slanted view towards the soundly defeated T/A are now considered "mentally challenged"? No wonder you weren't in charge of the drive as aapitbull pointed out with that how to win friends approach. Have you told everyone that your feelings towards the T/A had a lot to do with the fact that you were part of a very small and select minority group who got an additional raise that gave welders the same premium pay as an A&P mechanic? So your feelings on card drives or contracts are based on what you and only you could gain from it?

I know that between having little seniority and being stuck on the rock, I am screwed but I voted no because of the language that would of killed jobs and my retiree medical, not the because of the money. No shortage of overtime if you are short on money.

My reference to "mentally challenged" was directed towards those that cannot grasp that I did not LIKE the T/A, I just knew with our representation that we would end up worse off by voting no. I respect everyone's right to their vote and opinion, but that doesn't prohibit me from pointing out why and how I feel they are wrong. Nor does it mean I have to sit back and watch workers get lead off of a cliff without speaking up.

I was in charge of the AMFA Organizing Committee at the Tulsa base during the AMFA drive from 1998-2003, and by the time the 2003 concessions hit we had over 180 organizers on the base. I was even accused by AA of causing an illegal job action during that time and was interrogated for one and one half days over that issue in a deposition.

Yes the T/A was better for me than for others, but you too can go back a read my postings that demonstrate that my main concern was we were going to end up worse off by voting No.

You obviously have no idea what effort, time, and money I put into the AMFA card drive. You have no idea of effort put forth to legally challenge AA for vilolating our rights under the Railway Labor Act. Just as you have no idea about my character as a person or a leader.
You cannot even read and comphrehend my use of the term "mentally challenged" when posted right in front of you.

Just out of curiousty, have you spent any time, effort, or money attempting to remove the TWU, have you been a Plaintiff in a lawsuit against AA to protect Union Organizing Rights, or even simply been invovled in a TWU Kangroo Court because they feared what you were accomplishing?

I believe my track record proves those that call me a coward, hiding in a Foxhole are ignorant and wrong. But regardless they can still have that opinion, no matter what the facts are.

Whatever way someone voted at this point is immaterial, with the exception of the TWU showing its hand. As it was pointed out in the Docket, it would appear that for the TWU this is nothing more than a political exercise. The reason for the replacement this union is not just because they have failed to negotiate on the behalf of the membership, but their political agenda does not match that of the membership. If you approach a majority here in TUL, they are conservative and are playing a liberal game, that is nothing but a lie. How can you be a union member and vote Republican and how can you be Conservative and vote Democrat.

The issue before the membership is how is the TWU going to look out for the best intersts of it's members. If the company and the union can come to an agreement that perserves the standards of each work group that would be great. But what are those standards? TheTWU has a very poor history of meeting reality when negotiating for one group or the other. The airline industry has deregulated and unionism has not. Unionism has found its way into the courtroom to play a new game of old style unionism where mass protest in whatever form is not going to sway the court.

I believe that when the union negotiates with the company, the industrial unionism is going to be torn apart with groups such as the non - maintenance groups being decimated or farmed out. If not then you are going to see a whole new breed of Title I mechanics. Work rules will change and those at base maintenance, including those outside of the union, are going to be working more than the basic M-F Days and Afternoons.

maybe all of you should become stockholders????

And for the last time even if you had taken the T/A you cannot say anything but the 16,000 would be dam bit different today now go ahead and have the final say beause I am tired of watching the dog chase his tale!

And for the last time, you cannot say we would have not been better off had the vote been a YES.

I will still take the $16,000 and still wondering than to be without the $16,000 and stlil wondering.
Everytime I put that to calculations, I get a better result towards my interest.

Whatever way someone voted at this point is immaterial, with the exception of the TWU showing its hand. As it was pointed out in the Docket, it would appear that for the TWU this is nothing more than a political exercise. The reason for the replacement this union is not just because they have failed to negotiate on the behalf of the membership, but their political agenda does not match that of the membership. If you approach a majority here in TUL, they are conservative and are playing a liberal game, that is nothing but a lie. How can you be a union member and vote Republican and how can you be Conservative and vote Democrat.

I still don't understand how a working man can buy into the belief that either of the two parties represent our interest.

If you want discuss what is nothing but a lie, that would be the propogated lie that is an ounce of difference between either party.
They are both made of men/women controlled by the rich, and they are manipulating us into that false differential belief while behind closed doors they shaft us on a regluar basis.

Reactions: 1 person
I still don't understand how a working man can buy into the belief that either of the two parties represent our interest.

If you want discuss what is nothing but a lie, that would be the propogated lie that is an ounce of difference between either party.
They are both made of men/women controlled by the rich, and they are manipulating us into that false differential belief while behind closed doors they shaft us on a regluar basis.
Wow informer we AGREE !!!

A motion was filed for an extension for time to reject leases, and the current rate overtime in the hangars and turbine building indicate that lease return is top priority right now while there are still enough people left on the payroll to get the jobs done. Not all of the lease aircraft owners are going to be treated the way those owning aircraft in the desert were treated. The delay in headcount cuts are a direct result of the need to get these aircraft and engines ready for a respectable return to the owners.

The 737 business unit is strictly being held to a 4% o.t. budget. It was approx. 16% before the filing. It's in the early stages and turn times are uncertain. Depending on the terms agreed to in court, we may never see another lease return a/c on base.

The 737 business unit is strictly being held to a 4% o.t. budget. It was approx. 16% before the filing. It's in the early stages and turn times are uncertain. Depending on the terms agreed to in court, we may never see another lease return a/c on base.

To my knowledge AA has no intentions of turning back any leased 737's.

I should have been more specific. Md-80 and Pratt and Whitney are running unlimited overtime.
And that is where the lease return work is being done.

Go speak with your co-workers in Hangars 3-4 and Pratt Turbine areas.

To my knowledge AA has no intentions of turning back any leased 737's.

I should have been more specific. Md-80 and Pratt and Whitney are running unlimited overtime.
And that is where the lease return work is being done.

True. I worked 20 OT this week and they offered 10 for tomorrow. For 2011 my shop was offered over 600 hrs... :blink:

I agree with you. The point I was trying to make was that many TWU members live two different political lives and either don't know it or don't care while their representitive does. Either way we are not just getting the shafting now, but have been taking for years and I know you know it. Your point concerning behind closed doors is exactly the way it will go down. All groups in bankruptcy will be treated as one, no matter their craft. You also made the point about the political allegiance through unionism. I guess some just don't care. There is a T-Shirt I have yet to see, "The Lesser of Two Evils". This where the distinction is, both are corrupt and to another point of yours, there is talk but no action, by members of the union or by Congress.

Your working engines or airframes? I'm not seeing any lease return a/c on the property or dock plans.
According to Docket # 703 there are a series of 737 that are being discussed, however what I cannot find is any statement that says the debtor is returning these aircraft and their engines. Some of the aircraft are ten years old, but others are younger and still have certificate time on them, into 2013.

Lease returns coming to H5, 757s getting engines changed for return to lessor.
But then someone was saying something about a change on the plans.
They had engine change crews signed up to do several-did one a/c, 634.

It appears they are working unlimited ot in the MD-80 BU while the 737 BU is limited to 4%. I believe turn times on the 73's are being sacrificed for an "immediate" improvement in labor costs more in line with the managers "World Class Vision". In other words it's total BS on paper.

I agree with you. The point I was trying to make was that many TWU members live two different political lives and either don't know it or don't care while their representitive does. Either way we are not just getting the shafting now, but have been taking for years and I know you know it. Your point concerning behind closed doors is exactly the way it will go down. All groups in bankruptcy will be treated as one, no matter their craft. You also made the point about the political allegiance through unionism. I guess some just don't care. There is a T-Shirt I have yet to see, "The Lesser of Two Evils". This where the distinction is, both are corrupt and to another point of yours, there is talk but no action, by members of the union or by Congress.

The real "lesser of two evils" would have been the TA's that were turned down before bankruptcy. As far as AA employees are concerned, I think we have just seen the end of the shaft. There is much more to come - and not much we can do about it now.

Great job, TWU!