Twu Raiding Pfaa

FA Mikey,Oct 10 2005, 02:42 PM]
No, APFA was not spared from any cuts. But in reality has anyone been?

Thats the point. The same thing has happened across the industry and our split up labor movement has not been able to do anything to stop it. Look at what happens in Europe. While we are looking at our salaries being cut by 25% and likely to lose our pensions the unions in Belgium shut the country down because they were talking about raising the retirement age from 58 to 60.

Look at the balance sheets at U and UAL. First second or third to take cuts. It was going to happen. We took less and are not in BK.

It took them several rounds to catch up to our cuts. BK? Who cares. U and UAL and Delta are all still flying arent they?

The worst thing we had at APFA was a complete inept president. That has changed.

Well you are still stuck with the contract, has that changed?

They will choose between TWU, AFA, or PFAA, if it comes to that. Nothing saying it will. Really they need to go you U and UAL and see how bad AFA really is. Look at DAL, they choose no union over AFA.

DAL also chose no union over the TWU. The TWU blew $2 million on that drive.

Of 19,000 fa's only 5,500 voted for AFA. They spent so much money there they had to be rescued by CWA. This is not a union I would want to represent of have access to spend my dues dollars.

They did a lot better than the TWU. The CWA is probably one of the better unions out there. The AFA rejected other unions.

What really needs to happen is a complete reorganization of the airline labor movement. There is no logic to the structure. Its simply and cash cow to several different organizations. The fact is that as transportation workers we are in a good position to be strong, but our fractured, inefficient , ineffective unions robb us of our potential. WE need to consolidate. I dont care what three or four letter prefix is put out in front (as long as its not Jim -AA management- Littles TWU). We need to consolidate. I support consolidation either along craft lines or as an entire industry. With the courts and the companies working together to screw us we cant afford to be spectators or divided. I'll say it again, back when UAL threatened to go to court to get their labor agreements abrogated the entire airline labor movement should have said that when the first contract is voided we are all going out. (By the way when I first sent that out Jim Little e-mailed me and demanded that I retract that statement). As far as I'm concerned such an action would be a political expression (because it would be challenging the courts actions, much the way Martin Luther King did) and not a violation of the RLA which prohibits economic actions without being released by the NMB.

Wings, why would the F/A's at Northwest want to go with the TWU or AFA. The TWU is nothing but a dues collection scam and the AFA is ALL TALK and NO ACTION. Just look what happened at USAIR and UNITED F/A's. AFA kept saying they were going to strike and what did they do? They voted yes and kept voting yes to more concessions. The F/A's at NWA should have walked off the job with the mechanics. At least you could have stood tall and proud, instead of being a bunch of cowards.

To Whom It May Concern:

Another important issue to address here as to why one would not want the twu as their certified bargaining agent is that the twu tends to collude with the company by promoting FEL0NS, convicted DWI'S, POSSESORS OF DRUGS, and etc... to protect their hand picked "UNELECTED twu REPs" while maintaining their "ongoing collaborative" relationships with the company. I personally know of several twu INTERNATIONAL officers that have recently been convicted of DWIs, FELONIES, and DRUG POSSESSIONS and have received no adverse impact to their employment with the company.

Guess the fact that the twu uses these "Dregs" of society to secure their relationship with their LEAD BENEFACTOR, the company, is a solid indicator that one would choose not to employ the twu to steal their dues and wholesale their jobs!

Its all about Love!

Dan Cunningham

Dan it seems a lot of people would agree with you. If you check the NMB web sight you will see how well TWU is regarded in the airline industry. Last year TWU filed enough cards to get a vote for representation for three groups at two different airlines. The three groups were all unrepresented at the time. The groups included skycaps and fleet service. They could not get the required votes to represent any of the shops. What makes them think now that they can raid a craft union shop. That"s funny. TWU should save there money for the next PJ party with American.

Mark Inman said:
Dan it seems a lot of people would agree with you. If you check the NMB web sight you will see how well TWU is regarded in the airline industry. Last year TWU filed enough cards to get a vote for representation for three groups at two different airlines. The three groups were all unrepresented at the time. The groups included skycaps and fleet service. They could not get the required votes to represent any of the shops. What makes them think now that they can raid a craft union shop. That"s funny. TWU should save there money for the next PJ party with American.
[post="311193"][/post]​

Well they have to have organizing drives so the Internationals officers kids can keep their job. Frank McCann Jr is an organizer.

Bob it looks like the TWU company boot lickers are avoiding this topic like the plage. It will be interesting to see how much money the TWu donated to Mr McCann's lost cause. Maybe Northwest is financing the card drive for TWU. They could sure get some good character references from American Airlines.

Latest posts