UAL takes advertising aim at Southwest

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all a well run company that has a plan and sticks to it along with a superior business model doesn't need ATSB loans, They don't need DIP financing either. You know why boy genius?

Because they consistantly generate PROFIT!! Which you may or may not be aware of the sole report card by which business performance is rated.

As for Drunks & Convicts. If I'm in business all I need know or care about is do they the money to buy my product or service. If I only sold to customers who met my personal moral standards I wouldn't have very many customers.

I don't like SWA's product but they whip the Legacy carriers butt when it comes to making money. You can look it up!

Don't worry someday your airline will grow up and earn a profit too! :p

Every hear of Jepp.? I rest my case. You hold no knowledge of airline history or the airline future. You are frustrated aviationite (just like KC) that have bought a few tickets and now you think you are experts. I have bought a lot of coffee but I am not expert on the coffee business. You are consumer of a good not a puporter of knowledge. Live with it.

Oh and by the way did LUV return the govt. money they received after the 9/11 attacks? Seeing as how they don't need it they have given it back and perhaps donated to a homeless shelter. Would have helped those pax that show up stinky and untidy. Heck they could have bought them a liquor store and call it "lovers" or something cutesy like that.

Every hear of Jepp.? I rest my case. You hold no knowledge of airline history or the airline future. You are frustrated aviationite (just like KC) that have bought a few tickets and now you think you are experts. I have bought a lot of coffee but I am not expert on the coffee business. You are consumer of a good not a puporter of knowledge. Live with it.

Oh and by the way did LUV return the govt. money they received after the 9/11 attacks? Seeing as how they don't need it they have given it back and perhaps donated to a homeless shelter. Would have helped those pax that show up stinky and untidy. Heck they could have bought them a liquor store and call it "lovers" or something cutesy like that.
As I said mags, it's a damn good thing(?) you're a pilot for UAL and not in their PR department - I don't think you realize that more folks than me are so turned off by you that they too will consider the competition in their travel decisions. I'm glad to give my travel dollar to Frontier when I need to get to Denver, or to Southwest when I need to get to Chicago. You know, there's a pilot for a US that posts to these threads a lot...you could learn something called "class" from him.

Oh, by the way....great job your donkeys did in the playoffs. Looks like Denver won't be gracing Detroit this year either. Maybe in your honor they'll rename the team the "jackasses" - you can be the mascot.

Oh, by the way....great job your donkeys did in the playoffs. Looks like Denver won't be gracing Detroit this year either. Maybe in your honor they'll rename the team the "jackasses" - you can be the mascot.

To continue your disappointments in life. I am a PIT fan. Of course you assumed since I was a UA pilot I was a Bronco fan. Well you know we do have some other hubs and bases than DEN. Are you sure you aren't related to Vermeil? Both of you cry a great bit. Of course he has sense to get out of KC.

Now back to that govt. handout your company took. Give it back yet? LUV received the same handouts UAL received. WRIGHT?

To continue your disappointments in life. I am a PIT fan. Of course you assumed since I was a UA pilot I was a Bronco fan. Well you know we do have some other hubs and bases than DEN. Are you sure you aren't related to Vermeil? Both of you cry a great bit. Of course he has sense to get out of KC.

Now back to that govt. handout your company took. Give it back yet? LUV received the same handouts UAL received. WRIGHT?
After 3 years of negotiating with the ATSB in bankruptcy court, what's UAL's plan for giving anything back? I mean, UAL is about to show a 10.5 billion dollar "profit"...surely they are in a better position to repay that ATSB money themselves.

I'll tell you another reason you make me want to avoid UAL...safety. God forbid you are a captain...a know it all skygod captain. One has to wonder what kind of treatment you show a FO who happens to disagree with you. All the talk about UAL being a model of CRM...then there's mags. I wonder what your crew members think when they see they've got a trip with you. Wouldn't surprise me if many called in sick.

First of all a well run company that has a plan and sticks to it along with a superior business model doesn't need ATSB loans, They don't need DIP financing either.

So why did you make up your little club supporting US then?

I'll tell you another reason you make me want to avoid UAL...safety. God forbid you are a captain...a know it all skygod captain. One has to wonder what kind of treatment you show a FO who happens to disagree with you. All the talk about UAL being a model of CRM...then there's mags. I wonder what your crew members think when they see they've got a trip with you. Wouldn't surprise me if many called in sick.

KC:

Do you think that this guy really flies for UA? God, I hope not. Hopefully it's just some kook trolling. If this guy is for real, then he really, truly seems mentally unbalanced (the bizarre hatred of Kansas City is evidence enough, let alone all of his other, er, unpleasant quirks).
The though of somebody this mentally off actually piloting a commercial airliner is frightening...
At least his cohort "Pompous Ass" seems merely to be extremely full of himself, yet still sane!

After 3 years of negotiating with the ATSB in bankruptcy court, what's UAL's plan for giving anything back? I mean, UAL is about to show a 10.5 billion dollar "profit"...surely they are in a better position to repay that ATSB money themselves.

Are you really as dense as you portray or are you just flamming? UAL did not get any ATSB money. The money UAL received from the govt was the same money LUV and all of the other carriers received after 9/11. Congress gave ALL carriers money after 9/11 outside of the ATSB process. If you remember there was a call for more aide after the SARS/IRAQ war but that was not approved. If LUV is so well off and so well managed they should send the money back and prove they are not like all the other airlines, WRIGHT?

Your other hero carriers AWA and US received ATSB loans. How on earth do they sleep at night. You should be up in arms that F9 received ATSB funds. Yet you are not. You only pick on UAL. The loan major airline that asked for aide but was denied. Where would those other carriers be now without the goverment? Not bashing them just saying the ATSB process was a bit flawed.

As far as the WRIGHT amendment is concerned I hope they allow the repeal. This will force AA to move on DAL and the two of them can bloody each others nose for awhile. Give AA and LUV something to cut their teeth on.

As for you love of AA. Well there is something the two carriers have in common. Long walks to the terminal.

As for you love of AA. Well there is something the two carriers have in common. Long walks to the terminal.

Here's something else the two carriers have in common - no arrogant know it all skygod pilots on message boards.

Here's something else the two carriers have in common - no arrogant know it all skygod pilots on message boards.

Ya Think?

Go to www.flightinfo.com and look for that idiot "SWA/FO". As for AMR, they are far to busy bending the TWA guys over.

Ya Think?

Go to www.flightinfo.com and look for that idiot "SWA/FO". As for AMR, they are far to busy bending the TWA guys over.
Too bad this is USAviation and not flightinfo.com. Don't see any postings over here. If mags has a beef with someone on flightinfo, why in world would he be posting crap over here? That is, unless with his omniscient skygod power, he knows that poster is over here, even though he doesn't post here.

You must not have seen the bumper sticker I saw in DAL once: "will rodgers never met an American pilot"

You must not have seen the bumper sticker I saw in DAL once: "will rodgers never met an American pilot"

I am sure that you saw a SWA pilot in full uniform driving the car.

Every company has a small percentage of employees/pilots whose actions do not reflect the values and opinions of the majority of its employees.

It is unfortunate that your obvious hatred of SWA prevents you from formulating opinions based upon fact.

Magsau said: Oh and by the way did LUV return the govt. money they received after the 9/11 attacks? Seeing as how they don't need it they have given it back and perhaps donated to a homeless shelter. Would have helped those pax that show up stinky and untidy. Heck they could have bought them a liquor store and call it "lovers" or something cutesy like that.

NO! Because that money was reimbursement of monies expensed to fortify cockpit doors and such. ALL airlines got a proportionate share. If SWA returned their money then all carriers should since we are talking about being fair.

I agree with you - but one clarification, Piney. The first round of $5 billion in cash to the airlines was justified due to the three-day shutdown of the entire industry September 11-13, 2001, and was doled out on the basis of market share shortly after the attacks. And you're right - everyone got their proportionate share.

Round two of the federal money came in 2003 and that money was to reimburse for the reinforced doors and a refund of the September 11 Security Fees ($2.50 tax per segment) collected at the time of the fee holiday (which then ran May-September, 2003 IIRC).

UA Couldn't even get the lender of last resort (ATSB) to fund them. I'd love to see the interest rates on the DIP monies and the recapitalization money.

2006 and the clock starts over. Let's see how it plays out. Tilton's a smart guy. Like it or not SWA is the team to beat.

Here is a history lesson for you piney. Jepp was a UA Capt that revolutionized the industry. Jepp was drawing charts when Herb was still a wet spot.

http://www.jeppesen.com/wlcs/index.jsp?sec...nt=history.html

As to your statement that UAL could not get an ATSB loan as the lender of last resort. If that was the last resort then how did we get money from JP and Chase? The last resort would indicate that no other loan was possible. Interesting contradiction you make.

The ATSB process was very political. Go back read the notes. Bush was determined to keep UA from getting the loan. With heavy lobbying by LUV and AA the texas coalition was not about to let UAL survive. However a funny thing happened on the way to the wake. Bush had tweaked the ATSB panel and attempted to eliminate UAL. Tilton did a miraculous job with saving UAL. He is pi$$ed that the deck was stacked against us and is determined to beat the crap out of those that did us harm. I am with him and will do whatever it takes to beat the competition that tried to hurt us.

The past three years have not been easy but revenge is a sweet reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back