Ual To Hire 2000 Flight Attendants

How do you know that UA AFA would not have stapled you? Remember all the acrimony between the UA F/As and USAir F/As (who had high seniority like the TWA F/As)? And these two groups are both AFA. Just look at what is happening between the US and HP F/As on the US forum; they are already at each other's throats.

You are correct. Most will not admit it, but it was the doh with US issue that spearheaded the idea to attempt to break off from AFA. I won't say it WAS the issue, but it didn't help. So UAL f/a's, please don't blast me.

The doh issue at US Airways has been resolved. The bylaws stand and those unhappy will do like all in the past have done. They will get over it and realize that it really is ok.

The only beef with US was that management was interferring with union issues where this was concerned. Both US East and US West f/a's have in a letter of agreement that management is to stay out of the union's business. There will always be a few sour apples which ever way you go, but I have been through three mergers and doh hasn't harbored any ill will on the broad base, say that has happened elsewhere.

One more question if you passed the application process, what would the responce on the computer be?

Mine was a UA rep. would be in contact with me. Anybody else get a different reply?

It's amazing the amount of applicants pursuing f/a careers after all the paycuts. I imagine a lot of them are furloughed employees. Good luck.

One more question if you passed the application process, what would the responce on the computer be?

Mine was a UA rep. would be in contact with me. Anybody else get a different reply?

I got something like "A UA Rep will be contacting me in a few days to discuss the next step in the process" or something like that...

I don't believe that was the reject letter - did your friend receive the same response?

Sorry Scotty, that was the reject letter. In fact, I know a person who actually was given an interview date when she passed the initial test. But she was called by Spherion early this week asking if she actually lived in Chicago, when she said NO, they told her thanks but we have so many applicants we will only be hiring locals.

Although I have no doubt they would actually contact some of the people that got the message you did, had the response been bad, the exact opposite happened and they have more applicants than necessary.

Do not assume that the message was a rejection, it sounds like it may not be. Although very early in the process the system would refer you to a self-scheduling automated tool to immediately set up your own interview, after all interview slots were filled for the next few weeks that function was turned off. The huge number of applicants made setting up interviews immediately impossible.

If you got a response saying someone will be in contact with you, someone WILL be in contact with you. It may be electronically at this point, since there aren't enough recruiters to be calling every applicant in a timely manner. Yes, if you live in Washington you will get priority for a Washington interview and if you live in Chicago you will be given priority for a Chicago interview. The company really does prefer to hire locally, people with ties to the community who are less likely to want to transfer elsewhere or be commuters. All transfers to that domicile be cleared before any new hire is placed in a particular domicile.

Do not assume that the message was a rejection, it sounds like it may not be. Although very early in the process the system would refer you to a self-scheduling automated tool to immediately set up your own interview, after all interview slots were filled for the next few weeks that function was turned off. The huge number of applicants made setting up interviews immediately impossible.

If you got a response saying someone will be in contact with you, someone WILL be in contact with you. It may be electronically at this point, since there aren't enough recruiters to be calling every applicant in a timely manner. Yes, if you live in Washington you will get priority for a Washington interview and if you live in Chicago you will be given priority for a Chicago interview. The company really does prefer to hire locally, people with ties to the community who are less likely to want to transfer elsewhere or be commuters. All transfers to that domicile be cleared before any new hire is placed in a particular domicile.

Thank you, Seajay... that's what I thought exactly. I was thinking about actually contacting Spherion myself out of Chicago just to see where they stand... and since I'm a furloughed USAirways f/a, and was Represented by AFA, I'm wondering if that Priority thing is actually going thru? I have an address in Chicago, I am actually there often since I am staying in MI right now... I still have my flight benefits for US since I was furloughed... what do you think I should do?

Sarcasm?!? No. It's a legitimate site with thousands of flight attendants. It will answer any question you may have about the flying at United. Just go to the United tab and check out some of the subjects. Good luck.

Sarcasm?!? No. It's a legitimate site with thousands of flight attendants. It will answer any question you may have about the flying at United. Just go to the United tab and check out some of the subjects. Good luck.

Sorry that I took you the wrong way.. my bad.. I'm already a mbr on that forum as well.. usflightboy...

Sorry for my over-reacting. ;-)

Good luck to you, as well!

Unfortunately, that was the reject letter. The people that made the cut were immediately given an interview date. Sorry.

Well, I applied and it said the same thing - you will be receiving a call to schedule an interview. I think they were overwhelmed and you will get a call - just maybe not the call to do an interview b/c of the overwhelming response. however they did not ask to download your resume, so I don't know how they could pick and choose out of those people unless it was random or by address. Also I was on the AFA-CWA site and they said that AFA-CWA members would receive prioroty, however nowhere in the questionaire did it ask if you were a member of AFA-CWA so I am very curious as to how they will determine that, being a paying member of AFA, I would kind of like to know. Any input on that DeletedByModerator?

Well, I applied and it said the same thing - you will be receiving a call to schedule an interview. I think they were overwhelmed and you will get a call - just maybe not the call to do an interview b/c of the overwhelming response. however they did not ask to download your resume, so I don't know how they could pick and choose out of those people unless it was random or by address. Also I was on the AFA-CWA site and they said that AFA-CWA members would receive prioroty, however nowhere in the questionaire did it ask if you were a member of AFA-CWA so I am very curious as to how they will determine that, being a paying member of AFA, I would kind of like to know. Any input on that DeletedByModerator?

I think I'm going to contact UAL's AFA and see, cuz I'm also a paying mbr for AFA, furloughed from US. I'll let you know any info I may find out... stay tuned...

It's amazing the amount of applicants pursuing f/a careers after all the paycuts. I imagine a lot of them are furloughed employees. Good luck.

I would be happy if they were fresh people who want to please - without the legacy baggage of past expectations and come into the job with a bright and positive attitude.

Back