Ual To Hire 2000 Flight Attendants

I would be happy if they were fresh people who want to please - without the legacy baggage of past expectations and come into the job with a bright and positive attitude.

I can assure you the people that would come from other airlines will stick with the job b/c they know what to expect and the newbies will die when they get that fantastic $260 bucks a week - Guarantee you there face won't look so fresh then sweetie!

A furloughed AA friend of mine applied online and got the "we will be in touch message" and yesterday she said she got a voice recording at home from some guy named Randy. Basically the gist of the recording was that all scheduled slots are filled at this time, but they will be in touch soon and to email him if you have flight attendant experience, the dates, and with which carrier, etc. etc. So getting the "we will be contacting you message off the web site" was not rejection some thought it was.

A furloughed AA friend of mine applied online and got the "we will be in touch message" and yesterday she said she got a voice recording at home from some guy named Randy. Basically the gist of the recording was that all scheduled slots are filled at this time, but they will be in touch soon and to email him if you have flight attendant experience, the dates, and with which carrier, etc. etc. So getting the "we will be contacting you message off the web site" was not rejection some thought it was.

Yes Jim, we also got the voice recording however Randy did not spell his last name, it sounded, depending on the quality of the voice mail, Randy Rotundue, or Randy Rotandou, was the contact person at UAL. I have called a AFA rep at United to see if he can pull up the exact and correct spelling. Wouldn't want to send an email to someone else!

FLY,
(Off topic)

You know what !!
We've got to give that poor penguin(that keeps gettin' #### slapped, and knocked into the mud), A NAME !!!

How about "SMUDGE" ??

(Don't EVEN ask me where that came from, cause I don't have a *ucking clue) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

NH/BB's

Let me help you a bit NH/BB with a little board HTML.
</Off Topic>
<On Topic>
:p

I think I'm going to contact UAL's AFA and see, cuz I'm also a paying mbr for AFA, furloughed from US. I'll let you know any info I may find out... stay tuned...

Scotty,

Calling the AFA isn't going to help you. Besides on furlough you're NOT paying union dues!! So saying "cuz I'm also a paying mbr for AFA" will not help you out.

Continental is still hiring! How about trying them? I have included the link for Continental. Make sure you scroll to the bottom to start the application.

Continental Airlines Hiring Flight Attendants

If I was able to give you my spot at AA, I would give it to you!!

Scotty,

Calling the AFA isn't going to help you. Besides on furlough you're NOT paying union dues!! So saying "cuz I'm also a paying mbr for AFA" will not help you out.

Continental is still hiring! How about trying them? I have included the link for Continental. Make sure you scroll to the bottom to start the application.

Continental Airlines Hiring Flight Attendants

If I was able to give you my spot at AA, I would give it to you!!

Just so you know, you have the option to pay your dues regardless and you are still a member of the AFA whether you are on furlough or not, as long as you pay your dues then you can be on furlough if you wish, we don't work like the "fabulous" AA union that is getting ready to screw their members up the crapper so grease up baby, nobody wants a spot at AA or CAL, they haven't gone through the 11 spot on the charts and therefore they have alot to lose...

Just so you know, you have the option to pay your dues regardless and you are still a member of the AFA whether you are on furlough or not, as long as you pay your dues then you can be on furlough if you wish, we don't work like the "fabulous" AA union that is getting ready to screw their members up the crapper so grease up baby, nobody wants a spot at AA or CAL, they haven't gone through the 11 spot on the charts and therefore they have alot to lose...

Bitter party of one...

The option? Who in the h*ll would pay union dues on furlough? Only a fool like yourself would.

FYI... BITE ME!

Well, I received the voice mail Wednesday, I emailed Randy Friday, the 25th and received a response from him already, the 26th that wasn't automated - he stated that we shall be meeting soon & looking forward to meeting me... so we'll see...

---------

After all, the msg I got on the app was NOT the reject... ;-)

Something I've been wondering since UAL got over 7000 applications. How many of those are actually qualified? I mean, can pass the drug test, the 10 year background check and have the "people" skills to be a credit to United?

I remember when I went to the "cattle call" many years ago, I was shocked by how many showed up in jeans and dirty T-shirts, bad hair, worse make up and chewing gum like a cow with cud!

Needless to say, I didn't see any of those types at the second interview. Out of the 50 or so from the first round, only 2 were selected for next round.

And, I really would like to see AFA have some input on who gets hired. After all, we are the ones who will have to work with the newhires. And AFA will have the Duty of Fair Representation when those not up to standards get in trouble.

United has a great opportunity to find and hire the very best out there. I hope they make the best of it.

Dea

And, I really would like to see AFA have some input on who gets hired. After all, we are the ones who will have to work with the newhires. And AFA will have the Duty of Fair Representation when those not up to standards get in trouble.

United has a great opportunity to find and hire the very best out there. I hope they make the best of it.

Dea
I would imagine United's criteria may be quite different from that of the AFA and I completely fail to see why they would ever have to seek out union approval.

I would imagine United looks for that THEY want in a Flight Attendant and screen for that. What do you think they want? probably good people skills, accomodating, quick to think on their feet, attentive (to safety as well as general duties).

When you read the AFA website, it seems like all they want is disgruntled people.

dc3fanatic,

I don't believe AFA wants disgruntled flight attendants. I know I hate it when I have to work with someone who is lazy, rude and worthless. And management can't seem to get rid of them because management can't build a proper case.

Lousy flight attendants make us all look bad. And don't think these few rotten apples don't get brought up in negotiations!

I'm looking to improve the image of flight attendants. Most of us care very much about our customers. Sometimes, it's purely selfish; if the customers are happy, our jobs are much easier!

One lazy, grouchy person can affect an entire crew. And it gets exhausting to follow behind a crab apple and smooth ruffled feathers.

I think AFA needs to have a more proactive Professional Standards/Employee Assistance Program and tend to our own.

We'd have more credibility at the negotiation table and more respect from the public at large.

Deafc7

dc3fanatic,

I don't believe AFA wants disgruntled flight attendants.
Have you read the website in the last 3 years?
I know I hate it when I have to work with someone who is lazy, rude and worthless. And management can't seem to get rid of them because management can't build a proper case.
This statement is VERY misleading. If it weren't for the AFA, mgmt would already have fired the people you despise working with. It's the AFA and the belief that they must protect the base at all costs that makes it difficult to get rid of 'bad' FA's. When are you going to realize you should be blaming United, but the AFA??

FYI, mgmt usually gets rid of the bottom 10% of the performers each year, helping them find a place where they do good work. Why do you get to be protected and then complain about it? hipocritical.
Lousy flight attendants make us all look bad. And don't think these few rotten apples don't get brought up in negotiations!
Then stop defending them. Help them take the first step to finding them get a job they can do well.

I'm looking to improve the image of flight attendants. Most of us care very much about our customers. Sometimes, it's purely selfish; if the customers are happy, our jobs are much easier!

One lazy, grouchy person can affect an entire crew. And it gets exhausting to follow behind a crab apple and smooth ruffled feathers.

I think AFA needs to have a more proactive Professional Standards/Employee Assistance Program and tend to our own.

We'd have more credibility at the negotiation table and more respect from the public at large.

Deafc7
If you want credibility at the negotiating table, then be PROACTIVE about getting rid of your bad members. That's more an AFA issue than United. You want to be upset with someone, look to the AFA. They are the ones hindering you from asking the low performers to 'move on', and you should know that.

Back on topic:

The website has been reopened for applicants. Go to www.united.com/flightattendant.

The first several classes are full but we are looking for the D.C. area in particular, to be based at IAD but able to fly out of all 3 local airports. Our preference is for locals, but if someone is willing to relocate into the D.C. area that's fine too.

We welcome former flyI flight attendants and are re-opening now to give them some options. Interviews from the initial pool continue and then new applicants will be slotted in.

Good luck!

Back