Union At Jet Blue For Ground Workers?

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
Any ground worker at Jetlbue interested in seeking information regarding membership into a democratic non-aflcio labor organization for the purposes of collective bargaining can visit: the-agw.org

Yeah, I'm sure Jetblue workers are just dying to form a Union and go the way of US Airways and others... :lol:

Unions can be very useful when you have to do a rug dance, though they can't keep you from being fired. Anyone bump a plane recently?

The armchair capitalists in the peanut gallery are welcome to trot out their favorite stereotypes now...

If JB is treating them well at this time, they will not show much interest in a Union.
When our wonderful company decided to start taking things away back in 91-92, we voted for the wonderful IAM. We got a few good years out of them, but when push came to shove, they folded in a hurry. I now pay more dues than ever and I earn what I did 20 years ago. I my case they have done no good at all.

LaBradford22 said:
Yeah, I'm sure Jetblue workers are just dying to form a Union and go the way of US Airways and others... :lol:
" ... and others?"

You mean like SW?

:lol:

You mean like SW?

Well, I specifically mentioned US since it was (apparently) a US employee who made the original post, appealing to B6 employees to go the Union route. The unintentional comedy of said post was the mental picture of a B6 employee saying to himself, "Gee, I wish I could have the same thing as that US employee over there. I wish I was about to go through my third round of concessions in two years. I wish I didn't work for a growing, thriving company that treats me well. I think I'll sign up for their Union..."

Could just as easily have referred to EA, TW, UA, etc...and yes, WN.

Tim Nelson said:
Any ground worker at Jetlbue interested in seeking information regarding membership into a democratic non-aflcio labor organization for the purposes of collective bargaining can visit: the-agw.org
Nice sales pitch. I'm sure that if they are truly interested in persueing the ruinous path of airline unions, they are resourceful enough to figure out where to go. There should be a "do not call list" for these boards.

To put it simply, Companies that have Unions deserve them.

IF JBLU can avoid unionizing, it will be because they treat their employees fairly and equitably. No industry has ever avoided unionization by fear tactics.

It seems funny that it's always the employees from other airlines that do not even work for JetBlue that continue to bring up the union issue, yet JetBlue employees themselves want nothing to do with unionization. Gee...I wonder why that is?

v1

v1rotate said:
It seems funny that it's always the employees from other airlines that do not even work for JetBlue that continue to bring up the union issue, yet JetBlue employees themselves want nothing to do with unionization. Gee...I wonder why that is?

v1
You're so wrong my friend. I have met many flight attendants in Crew Gardens that do what to be organized. Funny thing is they come to flight attendants at other airlines to discuss how to organize. :up:

Latest posts