United Mechanics Contract

The 47.31 is about 2.5% above Deltas 46.15

But as far as AA I dont know what you are at .   Also UA likes to say total compensation so they pull all sorts of stuff into that list when doing comparisons 

The plus 5 year amount would be about $50 hr. 

Ok D thanks and all that helps.  Kinda right in line with what I was thinking and I think our guys are a little off beat with what they think it is, I will pass along.
Just FYI, we will not meet until Nov. or maybe a slight chance in Oct for one week but doubt it.  Still trying to get more info on the future outsourcing will update when I can...

swamt said:
Ok D thanks and all that helps.  Kinda right in line with what I was thinking and I think our guys are a little off beat with what they think it is, I will pass along.
Just FYI, we will not meet until Nov. or maybe a slight chance in Oct for one week but doubt it.  Still trying to get more info on the future outsourcing will update when I can...
I was told there would be unmediated negotiations at WN 1st week of October. As to the united agreement, why does there seem to still be two airlines within one? As with AA/US, a house divided against itself cannot stand.

Maybe thirdseathero can give us some more perspective from the UA side because at the station im at its all Continental and we dont have the slightest clue whats going on with the UA guys.  

Reactions: 1 person
D7571987 said:
One thing we dont like is them changing our profit share to half of the current Pilot and Flight attendant plan amounts. Why should maintenance get a lower rate? 

Previous profit share basis for maint was 15% of profit and last year we got actual 13% of gross wages profit share check,  they want to change that to 5%  of profit and then after 6.9 % profit margin our rate would change to 10% of profit.  This would cut our $ by 1/2 or 2/3. 

Instead of saying retro they are saying $181 million lump sum - average $20.5k each and I think most feel the retro amount would actually be 2-3 times that amount. 

Reduction of Continental mechanics pension, stops rising at 30 yrs,  dont know all the details.

6 Year duration.  

$47.31 rate Line dayshift  then ...

+ 1 year   1.5% 
2yr,         1% 
3yr          1%
4 yr          1%
5 yr          1%

so that when contract negations open up with those groups in a few years they can set the profit sharing plan at the same for you. 

UA is just trying to find a union dumb enough to take it so they can force it on the other 3 unions later on. "Here is what the Mechanics agreed too, its not fair for you to have this much better. " 

Well the company is claiming that the IBT approved the AIP as a TA to send out for a vote. We will see.

Birdman said:
I was told there would be unmediated negotiations at WN 1st week of October. As to the united agreement, why does there seem to still be two airlines within one? As with AA/US, a house divided against itself cannot stand.
I know. I have heard for the past few days that some rumors were going around that this non-mediated meeting was going to happen, then I heard that it wasn't. All rumors but the union is trying to get this meeting (with, or without the mediators) to try and work thru the language issues. Nothing confirmed as of yet, but we will see.  Not expecting a meeting to happen. Co. still wanting to leave the membership out in the dark as far as the future of any maint. at SWA and just hope the membership will just take the $$$ and not look so hard at the scope language.  Not going to happen this time around. It's time for the company to come forth and be up front with what their real intentions are. Until then, we will just sit on our current contract...

At the top of the lowlights is profit sharing percentage cut to half of what flight attendants and pilots rates are. 

Signing bonus-retro? not enough for 4 years late.
Pension cut for continental guys, stops accruing at 30 years. 
Decent hourly raise to start slightly above Delta rate but 6 year duration and the year 2-6 raises are 1.5% then 1,1,1 and 1%

About 8 or 10 positive things and about 30 negative changes, concessions and takeaways. Pay for your raise with all these other cuts.

And the union saying the roadshow and voting will take over 2 months . 

D7571987 said:

At the top of the lowlights is profit sharing percentage cut to half of what flight attendants and pilots rates are. 

Signing bonus-retro? not enough for 4 years late.
Pension cut for continental guys, stops accruing at 30 years. 
Decent hourly raise to start slightly above Delta rate but 6 year duration and the year 2-6 raises are 1.5% then 1,1,1 and 1%

About 8 or 10 positive things and about 30 negative changes, concessions and takeaways. Pay for your raise with all these other cuts.

And the union saying the roadshow and voting will take over 2 months . 

any word on scope? Still giving the 787/350 work away? 

Yes new deal is adding all 767 787 A350 to 777 outsourcing to foreign heavy cks . I dont know what they have been doing with the 747.