United Mechanics Contract

dfw gen said:
nope just they are ready whenever our association is ready.....he also commented that they are doing it right taking their time.....kinda like bu%%####
Not true.
Parker took a lot of time to answer that question.
He made it very clear, it will be the New Delta(14.5% increase) +3%, and talked at length why it is now +3% and not +7%.

Parker also went on to say how the Pilots and Flight Attendants have contracts and while they certainly want a bump with the news of Delta raises, they would have to wait until their contract is up.
The Flight Attendants have an adjustment clause that kicks in if United ever gets a JCBA with their Flight Attendants and I believe it then averages Delta and United.

And lastly, Parker spoke to the many non contractual employees about the new Delta raise and basically said, you already got what you are getting for now, and we will make adjustments to that as we see fit.

He did also say he thought it was good that the Association was taking the time to fully prepare.

At the end of the day, it looks like the delay in negotiations will work to our favor as long as the world doesn't end in the next 6 months.

Reactions: 1 person
On our last contract we voted no on the first offer, and on the second offer which we voted yes on the company reduced some items, giving us a bigger signing bonus, and some people said, due to the reduced pay between first offer and the second offer we lost money, or at best broke even. The old United during the IAM days we always voted down the first offer, and the second offer we would noticed an increase in benefits, life was good. I am not sure this is how the new United works, looking at the last contract we voted in. My concern is whats keeping the company from doing the same thing, shuffling the cards, increasing the bonus, and during this time we are missing out on the hourly wage increase which is more substantial? Personally I am more concerned with work language, (3 lines of aircraft at SFO...), then pay, but that's me. I talked to a fellow mechanic at work, and he said he talked to a new United employee, and he said at Continental when the contract ran out, the new one was voted in pretty quick, and the 'money' was divided up fairly among the work groups, compared to the old United which each group would try to get as much of the pie as possible, this according to the employee. I not sure if we vote no, we will get anymore? I don't have a problem voting no, let it be known. Sorry about the bad grammar.

From a IBT Business Agent:

Fellow Members,

This week negotiations were long hours and stressful. Thursday evening the Company presented what they termed was a “Close Out Proposal”. As explained by Doug McKeen the company offered this with instructions that they do not want ANY counter proposal and they want it voted on by the entire workgroup.
Your negotiating team voted that it was a Last Best Final Offer and that they are obligated to present to the membership.
The Team did not vote on or agree to a Tentative Agreement.
It is my opinion that although the Company had their presentation ready for the floor almost immediately, and it has pretty colors, it should be ignored and instead, please listen to your representatives that attended negotiations personally. There is a lot of language that needs to be explained.
Committee Chairman, Mitch Hunt, will be compiling his notes for a comprehensive presentation for our membership. I know everyone is anxious to get the inside scoop, however, we prefer the entire scoop presented. Please be patient and continue to be professional and  do not get caught up in rumors or hype.

gtd said:
From the union:

Please read Bob Clever's email below as it really gives a good framework to what transpired. This is not a T/A in any sense it was a close out proposal and nothing more with no room to negotiate. I will try to provide as much information as is available, many items are unclear and we are hopeful the Airline Division can get something out soon so we can all shove this crap back for further refinement.
> 1) $80 Million dollar pool for signing bonus amongst 9000 members. (No retro) full retro was worth at least $134 million.
> 2) No longer will wide body aircraft of any type be overhauled in the US.
> 3) Maximum recall rights of 10 years this screws everyone left in Indianapolis.
> 4) Employees hired after ratification get only 6 fixed holidays and 3 floating holidays.
> 5) Employees hired after ratification have a different vacation accrual rate but I have no further detail.
> 6) Employees hired after ratification will only accrue 48 hours of sick pay per year.
> 7) Medical cost will be 80/20 increasing your out of pocket expense.
> 9) Retiree Medical gone effective 1/1/2026
> 10) Pension options will be decided by the sUA members during ratification: Turbo defined contribution of an additional $100 per month if you have 0-14 years, $200 if you have 15-24 years of service, and $300 if you have 25+ or more years of service. This money would then be contributed into your 401K. The other option would require a majority vote on behalf of the United members accepting the CARP retirement program with an effective start date of 1/1/2017.
> 11) Representation hours will be chopped down to a total of 80000 hours annually so we will be unable to maintain the current full time positions.
> 12) PROFIT SHARING pool at 5% of pre-tax earning up to the trigger of pre-tax margin of 6.9% and 10% over the trigger.
> 13) Early out $5000 per year of service up to $100000.
> Most of your raise is paid for by your own profit sharing and increased medical costs.
Lol so basically 

They are IAMing you guys too. "hi here is a nice pay raise and an early out, but the rest is a huge turd" 

Traymark said:
Not true.
Parker took a lot of time to answer that question.
He made it very clear, it will be the New Delta(14.5% increase) +3%, and talked at length why it is now +3% and not +7%.

Traymark, can you share with us what Parkers explanation was for changing from the +7% to the +3%.  Above you said he talked at length about it. What were all the reasons for changing his promise of Delta +7% down to Delta +3%?  And let's not forget the video that he said it would be Delta or United +7 whichever was higher. Although I do believe Delta's offer keeps them above 47 and some change which would be higher than the United offer of 46.15...

gtd said:
From a IBT Business Agent:

Fellow Members,

This week negotiations were long hours and stressful. Thursday evening the Company presented what they termed was a “Close Out Proposal”. As explained by Doug McKeen the company offered this with instructions that they do not want ANY counter proposal and they want it voted on by the entire workgroup.
Your negotiating team voted that it was a Last Best Final Offer and that they are obligated to present to the membership.
The Team did not vote on or agree to a Tentative Agreement.
It is my opinion that although the Company had their presentation ready for the floor almost immediately, and it has pretty colors, it should be ignored and instead, please listen to your representatives that attended negotiations personally. There is a lot of language that needs to be explained.
Committee Chairman, Mitch Hunt, will be compiling his notes for a comprehensive presentation for our membership. I know everyone is anxious to get the inside scoop, however, we prefer the entire scoop presented. Please be patient and continue to be professional and  do not get caught up in rumors or hype.
One part stands out to me,  "There is a lot of language that needs to be explained"  This just tells me this $hit sandwich is going to get a lot worse once it gets out.  The teamsters promised industry leading when they doing their card drive at United.  46.15 is NOT industry leading once Delta gets their new raises come Dec 1st it will be about 1.00 per hour lower than Delta if I did the math correctly.  Good luck to you guys and stay unified with the voting...

topDawg said:
Lol so basically 

They are IAMing you guys too. "hi here is a nice pay raise and an early out, but the rest is a huge turd" 
Exactly...

swamt said:
Traymark, can you share with us what Parkers explanation was for changing from the +7% to the +3%.  Above you said he talked at length about it. What were all the reasons for changing his promise of Delta +7% down to Delta +3%?  And let's not forget the video that he said it would be Delta or United +7 whichever was higher. Although I do believe Delta's offer keeps them above 47 and some change which would be higher than the United offer of 46.15...

One part stands out to me,  "There is a lot of language that needs to be explained"  This just tells me this #### sandwich is going to get a lot worse once it gets out.  The teamsters promised industry leading when they doing their card drive at United.  46.15 is NOT industry leading once Delta gets their new raises come Dec 1st it will be about 1.00 per hour lower than Delta if I did the math correctly.  Good luck to you guys and stay unified with the voting...

Exactly...
Disregard

topDawg said:
Lol so basically 

The ibt is far worse than the iam.

Reactions: 2 people
swamt?

Really?

How about DL got 14.5%, so DL's new 14.5% +3% will be a huge raise for the AMTs at the new AA.

swamt said:

One part stands out to me,  "There is a lot of language that needs to be explained"  This just tells me this #### sandwich is going to get a lot worse once it gets out.  The teamsters promised industry leading when they doing their card drive at United.  46.15 is NOT industry leading once Delta gets their new raises come Dec 1st it will be about 1.00 per hour lower than Delta if I did the math correctly.  Good luck to you guys and stay unified with the voting...

Exactly...
The reason was the change in Delta's profit sharing formula.

It seems as though, from the crumbs that have been revealed here so far, the new United contract will give the money, but have a lot of other areas where they will take back.
Read it carefully guys and make the best choice , that's all you can do.

Best of luck to all the UA folks on where you end up with the vote.

Ok thanks Traymark. It seems it's a total package dollar amount that AA is looking at. I was just curious...

700UW said:
swamt?

Really?

How about DL got 14.5%, so DL's new 14.5% +3% will be a huge raise for the AMTs at the new AA.
You forgot to add DL people didn't need the IAM to get that 14.5%, nor do they they need to subtract dues from it!

Reactions: 2 people
Traymark said:
The reason was the change in Delta's profit sharing formula.
It seems as though, from the crumbs that have been revealed here so far, the new United contract will give the money, but have a lot of other areas where they will take back.
Read it carefully guys and make the best choice , that's all you can do.
Best of luck to all the UA folks on where you end up with the vote.
According to people like the local IAM cheerleader, workers would rather see a guaranteed amount in their paycheck vs. an unguaranteed amount in profit sharing.

southwind said:
According to people like the local IAM cheerleader, workers would rather see a guaranteed amount in their paycheck vs. an unguaranteed amount in profit sharing.
We already have profit sharing. Why should we give it up or cut it in order to get a raise? There are many hard fought items gained through previous contracts. They should not be given back for a few dollars. The company is negotiating as if it is in a concessionary environment yet making billions.

southwind said:
You forgot to add DL people didn't need the IAM to get that 14.5%, nor do they they need to subtract dues from it!
You will never learn

Do you think the two active IAM drives have nothing to do with the raise then you are beyond help.

767tech777 said:
We already have profit sharing. Why should we give it up or cut it in order to get a raise? There are many hard fought items gained through previous contracts. They should not be given back for a few dollars. The company is negotiating as if it is in a concessionary environment yet making billions.
Never said you should give it up, just pointing out, the local IAM cheerleader would spread his propaganda, before the raise, stating that PS was not guaranteed income and that employees would rather see that money in their paychecks. Now that , that has happened, he changing his tune!