United pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Laughed my a$$ off! I GUARANTEE The Nicolau award would be resurrected in a merger between US and UA if USAPA is successful in dodging the award in round one. No doubt about it.

I also fell off my chair at his assertion that UA would "vote for USAPA based on their push for an independent union." Yeah... right... :blink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Laughed my a$$ off! I GUARANTEE The Nicolau award would be resurrected in a merger between US and UA if USAPA is successful in dodging the award in round one. No doubt about it.

I also fell off my chair at his assertion that UA would "vote for USAPA based on their push for an independent union." Yeah... right... :blink:

You should vote for USAPA... What has ALPA done for u lately???? Oh thats right, i forgot, your pension was restored, your scope clause down the toilet, your work rules and pay suck... UM HUH, ALPA rules...

You should vote for USAPA... What has ALPA done for u lately???? Oh thats right, i forgot, your pension was restored, your scope clause down the toilet, your work rules and pay suck... UM HUH, ALPA rules...

In case one didn't notice but a not so little thing called Bankruptcy happened. It sucks. ALPA didn't wish those things, but the MEMBERS voted to accept those givebacks.

And it wasn't just ALPA, every union (IAM, IBT, AMFA, AFA , etc) at every BK carrier gave major concessions. The reality of BK and the not so level playing field in favor of management/creditors.

And before this delves into the unions as a whole sucks.....ask the Delta non union folks if they weren't affected by BK to. Or other non union workers at BK airlines.

As far as the USAPA debate and how many like to point to APA, SWAPA, UPS as models of what ALPA isn't or where ALPA failed. All I ask is how many of those independent unions respective companies went through BK? AMR didn't and the APA still gave some major concessions.

As far as an independent union here at UAL, there was movement that ended last year because there was minimal support for the idea. The DCA council was their home base and they couldn't even get their resolutions passed at meetings. Many of those individuals who advocating going solo have now turned that desire to improve the pilots contract into actually attending meetings and volunteering for ALPA work and trying to improve from within. Does National ALPA have faults? Certainly, and we at UAL ALPA are trying to fix those issues.

DC

PS. Besides I thought USAPA wanted to represent only the USAirways pilots. Wasn't that a major downside to ALPA in their view? Too many conflict of interests? Why then the desire to change one of their basic foundations for trying to exist?

That's the same idiocy that got Cuba Castro, Russia Stalin, China Mao, Venezuala Chavez and The US Jimmy Carter. Change ain't always good. I have NO interest in ANYTHING USAPA is selling (or smoking)

That's the same idiocy that got Cuba Castro, Russia Stalin, China Mao, Venezuala Chavez and The US Jimmy Carter. Change ain't always good. I have NO interest in ANYTHING USAPA is selling (or smoking)

What is the definition of a SCAB? Any individual that engages in union busting activities to further their own selfish interests!! USAPA is a SCAB organization and that's just how we treat them. We will not allow them in our jumpseats due to safety reasons. We don't communicate with them because they are SCABS!!

Prenup should be the way to go UAL. Give the scabs what they have been begging us in the west for. DOH and FENCES! Fences them into their bases for a period of not less than 25 years and allow them to use DOH in their bases ONLY. If a " base "EAST" base down sizes or closes they must "FIRST" transfer to an "EAST" base. If for any reason they have come out of an "EAST" base the arbitrated NIC award is used along with whatever new integration between Us and UAL is.

The west portion and UAL should be able to move freely about the rest of the system in a civilized manner and you will see that we in the west honor our obligations!!!

I look forward to the day when you crush the usapa SCABS and restore order to the airline. ALPA has it's faults no doubt but we are ALPA thus WE have faults. We need to fix those and rid ourselves of the foul stench of USAPA and SCABS like them...

Enough.

The name calling stops NOW. That includes the use of the word SCAB.

Next poster using that phrase gets a week off.

I don't care what side you're on the rules are the rules.

Enough.

I agree! This is not the time to fight on here.. We all should be worried about a job with either carrier. After CAl dumping us we all should be worried
how we are going to live with no income? or being retrained for another job if we are lucky to find one in this terrible economy. Enough said! My views have changed now on every part of this airline career. Instead of barking at eachother we should be concerened who's next to close shop and try to avoid being next. Concerned UAL Employee!

If Nic is accepted at US/HP by anymeans, wouldn't that mean that there would be no ability to use DOH in any future combination of seniority lists, since to do so would require re-ordering of the US/HP list?

So, if UA merges with US/HP and requires the Nic list than DOH would not be possible for UA then or ever in the future, or I guess until generations pass and DOH effectively becomes the seniority list again because of attrition.

so, jetBlue for example. If Nic prevails and UA comes later, wouldn't that prevent the ability to combine the UA list with the jetBlue list on DOH?

United pilots, usapa wants... you to go to the bottom of the list.
This is getting to be too funny. ALPA, leave ALPA, ALPA.......

If Nic is accepted at US/HP by anymeans, wouldn't that mean that there would be no ability to use DOH in any future combination of seniority lists, since to do so would require re-ordering of the US/HP list?

So, if UA merges with US/HP and requires the Nic list than DOH would not be possible for UA then or ever in the future, or I guess until generations pass and DOH effectively becomes the seniority list again because of attrition.

so, jetBlue for example. If Nic prevails and UA comes later, wouldn't that prevent the ability to combine the UA list with the jetBlue list on DOH?

Yes, that would mean the #1 JetBlue capt. would be slotted just below the last UAL 767 capt. Works for Nic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, that would mean the #1 JetBlue capt. would be slotted just below the last UAL 767 capt. Works for Nic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And would retire as a A-320 Captain (or equivilent).....since he/she has no expectation to fly anything else but a narrowbody.

And would retire as a A-320 Captain (or equivilent).....since he/she has no expectation to fly anything else but a narrowbody.

That is not how it worked at LCC, that JetBlue guy would had the chance for a 747 or 777. That would have been the next bid out.

Enough.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG overdue!! I have been on the sidelines and have watched 2 posters (one UAL, one US/AWA) hijack this website with hateful, angry post with very few consequences coming their way! ENOUGH is SPOT ON!! They and a few others are nothing but loud mouth trouble makers and I just hope you guys stick to your guns! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back