Unveiled new US Airways website!

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
US Airways WEST (formerly America West Airlines website) is finally revamping its new website. It is scheduled to be launched this afternoon (May 21st).

First test I visited http://www.americawest.com then now America West Airlines has been automatically revamping its new website to new US Airways itself!!!!!!!

I noticed the website address is "http://www2.usairways.com/awa/default.aspx" , that address must be US Airways WEST only?

Second test again I tried to re-visit the old address is http://www.usairways.com and now changing new looks.

:rolleyes:

Too bad the west IT group didn't test it well. The people who will use it, aka CUSTOMERS, are filling the US Flyertalk forum with bug reports.

And, oh yeah, for those of you in Tempe who read this, a lot of your elite customers use Firefox as their browser... you might want to try supporting it.

Too bad the west IT group didn't test it well. The people who will use it, aka CUSTOMERS, are filling the US Flyertalk forum with bug reports.

And, oh yeah, for those of you in Tempe who read this, a lot of your elite customers use Firefox as their browser... you might want to try supporting it.

I like it.

Website works okay after reloading twice due to error messages.
However, I updated the schedule for my Palm Pilot and it deleted all of my US Airways data and uploaded the AWA schedule (I deleted "usflights" as directed). It doesn't have east schedule on it, just "America West, now coast to coast", so I'm screwed. Next I loaded the AWA wireless adapter for Palm but it doesn't work at all. So until they update the flight schedule, it is useless. Also, I hate to say it but, the US Airways Schedule for Palm works better and has a better interface.
Grade- C

Website works okay after reloading twice due to error messages.
However, I updated the schedule for my Palm Pilot and it deleted all of my US Airways data and uploaded the AWA schedule (I deleted "usflights" as directed). It doesn't have east schedule on it, just "America West, now coast to coast", so I'm screwed. Next I loaded the AWA wireless adapter for Palm but it doesn't work at all. So until they update the flight schedule, it is useless. Also, I hate to say it but, the US Airways Schedule for Palm works better and has a better interface.
Grade- C

You may need to report US Airways Webmaster Technical Support if you have problem. Please tell them about this situation. They will fix the error problems.

Please complete and submit the following form when you are having technical trouble with our site or are requiring assistance with booking reservations or accessing your Dividend Miles account online. An agent will typically respond to your request within 24-48 hours. If this schedule will not provide a timely response, please contact our Internet customer support desk directly at 800-327-7810.

http://www2.usairways.com/awa/content/cont...upportform.aspx

I tried the old USAirways.com to check in for a flight for tomorrow, told me I had no reservation for today. So I tried www2......and it worked. Not as easy for flight check in, had to go to 2 different screens to enter data to find my reservation.

Website looks great. I'll be using it shortly.

it SUCKS !!!! they should have kept the separate FF & DM websites running while the new website was being brought online. my DM account is MISSING over 140,000 miles and 10 segments.

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

No forethought about how it affects the customers.

This was the PERFECT opportunity for the Sandcastle to create a brand spanking new and BOLD website. Instead they just took the old FF website and changed the color scheme. Big Friggin Hairy Deal.

YUCK!

My 15 year old nephew could design a website better than this and has.

I tried the old USAirways.com to check in for a flight for tomorrow, told me I had no reservation for today. So I tried www2......and it worked. Not as easy for flight check in, had to go to 2 different screens to enter data to find my reservation.

If you are having technical trouble, please contact our Internet Support Desk at 800-327-7810 and an agent will provide you personalized assistance.

Please complete and submit the following form when you are having technical trouble with our site or are requiring assistance with booking reservations or accessing your Dividend Miles account online. An agent will typically respond to your request within 24-48 hours. If this schedule will not provide a timely response, please contact our Internet customer support desk directly at 800-327-7810. Please click here, if you require assistance with an existing reservation.

http://www2.usairways.com/awa/content/cont...upportform.aspx

OMG, how could anyone like this website? The DM account info is impossible to understand and read. The goal must be to confuse us so that we don't have any idea what we are actually earning compared to what we should be earning. Miles added, miles subtracted, check marks all over the place...the person or people who developed it should be fired. It is one of the most customer unfriendly website...oh....now I get it...Kirby's group is customer unfriendly too, so now it makes sense.

The website from a technical and customer standpoint is HORRID....

I can't believe they released it to the public in this condition.

-JC

The website from a technical and customer standpoint is HORRID....

I can't believe they released it to the public in this condition.

-JC

I agree. The condition of the website is lousy. The web master could have done a better job beta testing it before it was released. Templates are overlapping one another and it froze up my browser.

Git-R-Done-Right!

:down:

I just thought that http://www.usairwaysinfo.com should be directed new usairways.com website. But they didn't. Because I liked www.usairwaysinfo.com looks real neat screenshot and alot better. I wish webmaster should go back to college in taking courses like designer, artist and system improvement.

Who's authorized to approve new usairways.com website?

:angry:

Back