US AFA Labor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That particular trainer is the weakest link at that training center, his knowlege is not on par with his peers and his teaching skills leave a whole lot to be desired.

Well how very sad, then, that he is still a trainer! I do not appreciate trainers whining about SERVING PASSENGERS, something they were hired to TEACH. This trainer thinks that flight attendants are upset about going back to free bevvies? Typical, out of touch attitude that flourishes here at USAir.... Actually, Tom, we are quite happy providing passengers a drink, and not being spit on, harrassed, and treated like dog feces because we were the "only airline" that charged. So while you may be a bit put off by the extra horrific WORKLOAD (read: LAZY, you have to actually get off of your jumpseat and have contact with the pax), Tom, the majority of us are happier. I do see the benefits of charging for drinks in Y, and I actually supported it from a revenue standpoint. Unfortunately, airlines did not match, and that is that, for now. I still maintain that "Tom the trainer" does not speak for the majority of us, and his embarrassing, barely literate rant after Mikes question about adequate crew rest facilities reflects badly on the entire training department in Charlotte.

Throw him back on the line full time.

I would like to see AFA East and West put out a timeline of sorts regarding the WEST's expectations and when it will be legal for them to engage in CHAOS.

It would also be helpful if AFA addressed what EAST can do for WEST when it comes to that, because I think we all realize that if WEST wants a decent contract it will indeed require them to go to the wall. I really hope that you all are ready out there, because this management only understands coercion, not negotiation.

A lot more than the WEST contract is at stake here. It is very clear that we are not dealing with the gentlemen of the past, and indeed they do look like gentlemen compared to this bunch now, don't they? While I support AFA and the care that they are taking in hammering down the way that the contract is written and striving for the utmost clarity, I also think that bad faith doesn't begin to describe the company's approach to the negotiations.

It is past time that AFA takes the gloves off.

The membership is ready to take off the mitts and go rope a dope all over management. The MEC needs to give Flores some marching orders! He can't follow them then bye bye. Look at who you have in there Ann Crowley? Oh Ann!!!!!!!!? Get out from under the table hiding! Wipe off the piddle and do something. McCorkle, oh hell do something. Anything!

Its not legal to engage in CHAOS until the NMB releases you from a 30 day cooling off period, you have a long time before that will happen.

700- Thanks, we know that. I don't know how far along they were but it was close for sure. And save it people. USAirways engages in CHAOS every time a flight takes off. :lol:

It can take from a year, four years or never like the railroads.

Back in 1995 the IAM M&R CBA was up for section 6, we never reached a deal until 10/99, during that time the board would never release us.

The railroads typically end up having the CBAs legislated by Congress.

Someone from the West chime in but I know they were right in the thick of it. A few more months they would have asked for the 30 day cooling off period and then boom...

Keyword, is asked, just cause you ask, doesnt mean the NMB will declare an impasse.

No one ever thought the NMB would EVER release former AFA West back into Section 6 but they did. That is HUGE. The new labor friendly administration has spoken. It's not a huge leap to see management is not only failing to negotiate in good faith but playing games and trying to bust the union at every chance. So glaring they look DEPSERATE and doing nothing more than pissing the troops off!

Keyword, is asked, just cause you ask, doesnt mean the NMB will declare an impasse.

700, what's your angle here? In your previous posts you seem to want the F/A group to cool their jets (so to speak). Haven't you figured it out yet. We are tired as hell and we aren't going to take it anymore... PERIOD...
We know all about CHAOS... We invented it.... And when the time is right we will use it to the best of our ability... PERIOD...

Time is fading fast for the company to negotiate...
CHAOS is coming, and there is nothing you can do to stop it...

Just my opinion...

Time is fading fast for the company to negotiate...
CHAOS is coming, and there is nothing you can do to stop it...

Just my opinion...
[/quote]

Mine, too!!! :up: :up: :up:

Well how very sad, then, that he is still a trainer! I do not appreciate trainers whining about SERVING PASSENGERS, something they were hired to TEACH. This trainer thinks that flight attendants are upset about going back to free bevvies? Typical, out of touch attitude that flourishes here at USAir.... Actually, Tom, we are quite happy providing passengers a drink, and not being spit on, harrassed, and treated like dog feces because we were the "only airline" that charged. So while you may be a bit put off by the extra horrific WORKLOAD (read: LAZY, you have to actually get off of your jumpseat and have contact with the pax), Tom, the majority of us are happier. I do see the benefits of charging for drinks in Y, and I actually supported it from a revenue standpoint. Unfortunately, airlines did not match, and that is that, for now. I still maintain that "Tom the trainer" does not speak for the majority of us, and his embarrassing, barely literate rant after Mikes question about adequate crew rest facilities reflects badly on the entire training department in Charlotte.

Throw him back on the line full time.
This guy is unbelievable. :blink:

So, the "rumor" of the day over on the west FA discussion forum is that Mike Flores is after the west MEC President and Sec/Treasurer for some crap they pulled. Any easties know anything about this? I'm NOT picking sides just trying find out if this is fact or some fiction being perpetuated to take the focus off of negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back