US Airways ALPA MEC Chairman’s Message

"Tell us that after we see the added wait time to our upgrades."

"our upgrades."

You're totally fine with whining about "OUR upgrades"

You've zero concern for hundreds with more time/experience/etc out east that would NEVER upgrade via this "award".

GET LOST :down:

I am fine with the fact that the east was in total decline at the announcement of this merger!!

I am fine with the fact that the east was returning large a/c in favor of taking on more RJ's!!

I am fine with the fact that the east was furloughed 33% deep more than any other carrier in this country!!

I am fine with the fact that those furloughes had no expectation of ever returning to USAir!!

I am fine with the fact that many who were still with USAir were leaving in packs every month for other jobs or careers all together!!

I am fine with the fact that as a result of this deal YOU have attrition at all!!

I am fine with the fact we tried everything to work out this mess with you people and you flat out refused!!

So buzz off EastUS as we did all we could to support you and now you seek to harm us further!!! :angry:

To here it from the lips of your CEO, America West pilots would have had zero chance to upgrade as well. As he was so apt in expressing to the goverment and investors and employees, America West needed the merger as much as US Airways. Isn't funny that CEO's say the darndest things when it is advantageous or expedient and there is never any ulterior motive and it's completely honest on it's own merit and not just from a certain point of view.

To even use this line of thinking for justifying your position shows how anti-pilot professional you really are. Let's see, because of corporate machinations, we are justified in stealing the movement based on the other carrier's attrition. Wow here is an article that says so..... :down: I should benefit from their retirements instead of the pilots over there who worked and supported the airline for decades and sacrificed to keep it running. Thats real "union" of you.

Tell the whole story if you are going to tell it all!! He also said that without this merger the east was going to be liquidated!!!!

Don't just tell the side that makes your point tell all sides!!!

We were growing pre-merger, your were liquidating.

Please tell us more about "liquidation".

When was AWA liquidating?

When was US "liquidating"?

How many years would one consider useful for determining whether "liquidation" had anything to do with anything?

Learn how to write. It is "you were" and not "your were".

Ask Parker that question at the next pilot meeting and I'll bet you hear the same answer he gave us shortly after the merger was announced.

Parker: My honest opinion is that AWA would likely have filed for BK if this merger did not take place and shrunk around 10-15%. The merger was absolutely necessary for US Airways since they were literally days away from chapter 7 liquidation. So both carriers needed this merger, and it was a merger, and not an acquisition...blah blah blah

Go ahead and ask him. If Parker had any balls he would tell you guys that at every meeting just like he reminds us west guys at every chance that we would have been BK without the merger. He does this to deflect growing anger over the stagnation to everyone’s chagrin

Whether or not AWA would have filed Chpt 11 is questionable. On the contrary, Parker and just about every industry insider know without a doubt that the future of the old US Airways was written on a headstone. Go ahead and ask him. If he tells you the truth and does not give you the runaround I'll have more respect for him than I do now so let me know what he says.

Please tell us more about "liquidation".

When was AWA liquidating?

When was US "liquidating"?

How many years would one consider useful for determining whether "liquidation" had anything to do with anything?

Learn how to write. It is "you were" and not "your were".

Ask Parker that question at the next pilot meeting and I'll bet you hear the same answer he gave us shortly after the merger was announced.

Parker: My honest opinion is that AWA would likely have filed for BK if this merger did not take place and shrunk around 10-15%. The merger was absolutely necessary for US Airways since they were literally days away from chapter 7 liquidation. So both carriers needed this merger, and it was a merger, and not an acquisition...blah blah blah

Go ahead and ask him. If Parker had any balls he would tell you guys that at every meeting just like he reminds us west guys at every chance that we would have been BK without the merger. He does this to deflect growing anger over the stagnation to everyone’s chagrin

Whether or not AWA would have filed Chpt 11 is questionable. On the contrary, Parker and just about every industry insider know without a doubt that the future of the old US Airways was written on a headstone. Go ahead and ask him. If he tells you the truth and does not give you the runaround I'll have more respect for him than I do now so let me know what he says.
AmWest-US Air merger's details revealed

"The airlines broke up last summer over money differences (US Airways' expenses were too high) but by the end of the year were talking about getting back together because US Airways was in better shape. They did, in January, and cemented the relationship with a merger announcement on May 19. The new airline will be based in Tempe but called US Airways."

I don't know why you referenced this article unless you are grasping at the notion that "US Airways was in better shape" is referring to their financial condition. :lol:

You have totally missed the context of that article. AWA was not interested in a US merger because of their cost structure. It wasn’t until after US started to burn more furniture, returned countless aircraft, stole more money from the employees, and slashed expenses everywhere that they finally had a comparable cost structure to AWA, which then made it apealing to Parker et al. Meaning US Airways was in “better shapeâ€￾ in the context of cost structure. And after all of that you still could not make any money – go figure.

AmWest-US Air merger's details revealed
"The airlines broke up last summer over money differences (US Airways' expenses were too high) but by the end of the year were talking about getting back together because US Airways was in better shape. They did, in January, and cemented the relationship with a merger announcement on May 19. The new airline will be based in Tempe but called US Airways."

Back