US Airways And IAM Reach Tentative Agreement For 7,700 Fleet Service Employees

I would also like someones educated input on this area of the T/A please...Lots of smoke and mirrors at work here.....
Its not a matter of being able to choose a city.They must be recalled to the city they were layed off from.For example a PIT ramper layed of from PIT must be recalled to PIT for the so called 60 days deal to go away.ONLY A PIT RECALL..no other city will work for him or her.Any other city they go to the bottom of the scale. There is no elimination of the 60 day rule,its a lie.Pit layoffs will never be called back before they die.

Yes smoke and mirrors...dont trust the highlight sheet its lies.Only by having a copy of the current east contract can you see what you will loose by voteing yes on this.

I.E. If you west folks have 9 holidays and go to the east contract you will get the holidays they have....5 you loose 4.You dont see it written but its true.( this is just an example I dont know how many days yens have )

i am throwing the gaulent down ..... i don't think this is a bad contract ..
With this new contract no one loses .

We have now crossed the threshold and In terms of strategic thinking This contract is a watershed . What our negotiators have done is take nothing less than three distinct work groups , merged them together as one and given each group a pay raise without taking away anything of significant importance to any particular group .

Yes you do,pay attention to what were telling you.Were on the east,we know,weve lived it.

Vote NO and you will see the paper shuffle to increase wages, benefits in a new T/A that will be passed around. This is a game, open your eyes guys and gals. You have them by the ba>>s! Play it smart ! Vote NO.

The company is making a profit and this is The best that the IAM could come up with?

Within 3 years the 17 small west stations will be expressed/contracted out.

Within 5, there will will less than 10 cities with mainline fleet service.

It's pretty obvious what the companies goals are and if the IAM is going to quit on us now well, I might as well become a manager specializing in bringing contract labor online.

This has little to do with arbitration. Even if arbitration loses, why lose everything else by voting yes?
I'm not following you on this one. Nobody HAS to vote yes. The employees DON"T need this although your company needs a transition agreement. Don't be anxious, be careful. This agreement is akin to someone stealing your socks and leaving your shoes on while doing it.

regards,
Dear brothers and sisters, I heard this from Phoenix manager Salsbury, we are going to be paid somehow for our sick days. I thought about this and wondered how eight days of sick time paid out, if necessary, YEARLY, would equate to the same difference of PROFIT SHARING yearly. I pray that the union will compensate 8 sick days, yearly, by handing out paychecks when we need them, not when we only retire. That would be as positive as a profit sharing check. And it would compensate for the unnecessary 50% used per day during the year. Ya, we probably have abused sick time. NOW! and along profit sharing trade-offs, eight days of sick time NOT USED should be afforded us as a savings account, PER YEAR!. Any response.

The 141 website is starting to come up with a question and answer forum. Please bombard the _astards with intelligent questions. The bit of research I've done on the 60 day rule is starting to indicate that the folks furloughed in 2005 are screwed. If that's the case how can the IAM pass itself for a union. It is _ucking unbelievable

The 141 website is starting to come up with a question and answer forum. Please bombard the _astards with intelligent questions. The bit of research I've done on the 60 day rule is starting to indicate that the folks furloughed in 2005 are screwed. If that's the case how can the IAM pass itself for a union. It is _ucking unbelievable
you go that right i dont see how they can even be a union rep fleet service if this thing goes thru that is pathetic we paid our dues only to get _ucked by them :angry:

I heard this from Phoenix manager Salsbury. Any response.
Ya dont listen to them,there doing floor negoitations again.A yes vote for this is a give back.Its not a gain there is never a gain when your bottom line is dropping.

Dont sell out for a few pieces of silver and some magic beans..... :down: :down: :down: