US Airways And IAM Reach Tentative Agreement For 7,700 Fleet Service Employees

We were told in CLT today at our informational meetings that the Mechanics were very close to a T/A also. I'm sure the company would love to have the IAM negotiate away everyones CIC hearing. I'd say the company probably knows the Mechanics will be a harder sell than the ramp and so they won't send such a piece of crap for them to vote on. In fact it'll probably arrive around .......say Sept. 6th.......just a day after Fleet Service votes are counted. That way Fleet service will not see what they missed out on should they make the mistake of voting this junk in. I think the Mechanics will be smart enough to wait out the hearing and see how the chips fall. Wouldn't it really suck to accept this T/A and have the Mechanics win the CIC award considering the true negotiating power that'd give us to actually get a fair contract. We could forgo some back pay for some real improvements in vacation, sick, pension, holidays, OT etc. etc. It's amazing to think how back we got screwed in the bankruptcy and how bad the west has been getting screwed without a Bankruptcy contract. The judge put a lot of money in the execs pockets. Enough rambling as I've got to get my BP down before bed. Stay strong and informed.

Latest posts