US Airways Confirms It Has Hired M&A Advisors For Possible AMR Takeover

Looks like during merger-wolf season everybody is drinking the sandcasle kool-ade. The sandfleas must be making a batch of cherry flavor. Nice to see the agreements. Soooo, how's that pilot issue workin' fer ya :p

OK, Boy Genius then the answer should be an easy one for you. I asked an honest question. If I wanted to be insulted and talked down to I would have stayed married!

Doug Parker indicated in a December Crew News that he has investors calling him offering money to acquire AMR.

TPG will throw money at Parker.

I wouldn't count on that. TPG has shown their confidence in Parker by dropping from a major investor in AWH to somewhere below the top 10 institutional investors in LCC (#10 owns 2.4%).

Jim

If any of those we know of so far, I say TPG/BA. I still think AA has a good chance of emerging without a merger.

Jim

I think you guys are thinking too small. Didnt BA have an interest in US and its feed way back? What's to prevent them from investing in a AA/US deal to get the East coast feed away from LH and *A? I personally don't want to merge again, but you have to look at the $ potential with a BA investment in an AA/US hookup of some kind.

I think you guys are thinking too small. Didnt BA have an interest in US and its feed way back? What's to prevent them from investing in a AA/US deal to get the East coast feed away from LH and *A? I personally don't want to merge again, but you have to look at the $ potential with a BA investment in an AA/US hookup of some kind.
Just two posts above yours, BoeingBoy mentioned a BA investment with TPG.

I think you guys are thinking too small. Didnt BA have an interest in US and its feed way back?

Yes they did, but before alliances. As I recall, that relationship was ended by BA and they eventually formed OW with AA - not US.

Jim

Yes, BA pumped some serious cash into US back when Seth was at the helm. We did the "wet-lease" deal with them etc....
From what I was told at the time, US wouldn't have survived without their investment.

This is going to suck!!! I wonder, from a pilot perspective, if both managements are looking out at the horizon and seeing no pilots available in the future. Now, with this merger, they can reduce capacity (flights) and their need for operators? Just wondering? Nah! They never look that far out into the future.

Now it is time to maybe integrate the east and west coast pilots ,f/a have a attentive contract time for pilots to get on board the train is leaving people

Back