US Airways Has AA Labor Backing for AMR Takeover: Sources

So tell me hack, how to you feel about a union who ingores binding arbitration, sues it's members, sits back while the jobs of actively flying pilots get replaced by furloughed pilots?
Are you asking how the rest of the union employees group fell about merger integration by DOH

So, when is Willie gonna throw his two cents worth across the pond and let us know how he feels.

Maybe he and Horton are huddled up in the $30 million posh as we speak.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh boo hoo, the east cheats.....how original.
7 years into the merger and now you want to speak up, but I guess it took you that long to figure out what to say. As far as bailouts, I have no idea what the hell you are refering to there in relating to me. I have no job security concerns, but apparently you do....
Enjoy the ride in that right seat, I think that you may be there for a while...
Don't feel cheated.....

Seven years later you still have a job thanks to the acquisition. A fellow named Doug Parker flipped through the pages of washed up airlines and found US air in Chapter 7. You probably could not put your Ipod down long enough to understand that it was indeed a bailout courtesy of America West Holdings.

I've been here long enough to watch you bi#%@ about your employment. I get it you aren't happy, so you think this deal is going to change your attitude of entitlement? It seems to be a common problem out East and if you think AA is going to accept that type of attitude, you have a serious wake-up call headed your way.

Are you asking how the rest of the union employees group fell about merger integration by DOH

I think you meant to say feel, John John. You may want to start a poll and test the waters, seriously.The poll I ran recently shows a majority of AA employees either don't want to merge with US or rather take their chances with another airline.

US Airways pilots go into the AA merger as one group with the agreed upon arbitrated seniority list presented to the company. Not one USAPA pulled out of it's backside. APA gets the Nic and we go from there.

If USAPA does not hand them the list, Leonidas
and our legal team will.

Seven years later you still have a job thanks to the acquisition. A fellow named Doug Parker flipped through the pages of washed up airlines and found US air in Chapter 7. You probably could not put your Ipod down long enough to understand that it was indeed a bailout courtesy of America West Holdings.

I've been here long enough to watch you bi#%@ about your employment. I get it you aren't happy, so you think this deal is going to change your attitude of entitlement? It seems to be a common problem out East and if you think AA is going to accept that type of attitude, you have a serious wake-up call headed your way.
Get your facts straight first, US wasn't in Chapter 7 at anytime. Next off, I don't wear an Ipod at work. I have been in favor of a merger, as I know that it is best for the long term viability of the company. Please explain this so called"Entitlement" that you speak of. What more am I looking for other than a solid profitable company to work for? I have expressed dissatisfaction with the way the IAM has handled many issues with the membership, and I'm not alone in that area.
I have no problem admitting that Parker preserved jobs at US, but he himself has said that HP needed US to survive as well. Neither airline was large enough to survive alone, and US once again finds itself in the same position. I have no concerns about fitting in with the AA people, as I have already gone thru 3 mergers, and worked side by side with employees from either side.

My deepest empathy for workers at AA, good for you obtaining leverage at BK hearings, remember to mark and listen to the lessons of history, DUI DOUG can win the prize operate 3 seperate airlines and get what he wants in ANOTHER BK, wipeing out his promises and leave you holding the bag, smells like a duck, walks like a, well you should get it! GOOD LUCK!

There is no secret that I have been against US taking over AA for a while.
But I will like to go on record and say I have switch my position.
I am willing to keep an open mind to the whole situation.
The way AA has handle this whole debacle is outrageous.
I would be an idiot not to realize that what US is offering me
or APFA in my case; is far better than what AA is offering.
The fact that US is accepting the early out proposal
should encourage a lot of senior AA fl/a to retire. This will
mitigate any furloughs. As far as flight attendants are concern
US is offering a better deal.
Good luck to all.

Good luck to you as well, and I hope that it works out for ALL of us at each airline. Hopefully everyone will view this opportunity as a chance for a new start with an improved company.

Get your facts straight first, US wasn't in Chapter 7 at anytime. Next off, I don't wear an Ipod at work. I have been in favor of a merger, as I know that it is best for the long term viability of the company. Please explain this so called"Entitlement" that you speak of. What more am I looking for other than a solid profitable company to work for? I have expressed dissatisfaction with the way the IAM has handled many issues with the membership, and I'm not alone in that area.
I have no problem admitting that Parker preserved jobs at US, but he himself has said that HP needed US to survive as well. Neither airline was large enough to survive alone, and US once again finds itself in the same position. I have no concerns about fitting in with the AA people, as I have already gone thru 3 mergers, and worked side by side with employees from either side.

Revisionist history. You know good and well US Airways did not acquire America West and move it's headquaters to Tempe. If you are not wearing an Ipod, you are running around like a spoiled brat (4 letter word) with your fingers in your ears going la,la,la.

Parker......You obviously have a lot to learn, grasshopper. He will tell you anything you want to hear. That's why I don't listen to what he says. For example, he takes a neutral stance on the pilot seniority dispute in public but if you take the time to read the company's filings with Judge Silver you get a different story. Robert Siegel, who represents US Airways does not have to sugar coat anything. The problem with someone like you is everything must be sugar coated and a prize put in the box to keep you from throwing a tantrum. Bottom line...You can't handle the truth.

America West Airlines
COMPANY

Acquired US Airways in 2005 and assumed its identity.

Industry:
Airline

Ticker:
(defunct)

Corporate headquarters:
Phoenix, AZ

EXECUTIVES

Name Occupation Birth Death Known for
Richard R. Goodmanson Business 1947 COO of DuPont
Doug Parker Business c. 1962 CEO of US Airways

BOARD MEMBERS OR DIRECTORS

Herbert M. Baum Business 6-Dec-1936 CEO of Dial Corporation, 2000-05
Cheryl Gordon Krongard Business c. 1956 Partner, Apollo Management, 2002-04

PAST BOARD MEMBERS OR DIRECTORS

Stephen F. Bollenbach Business c. 1943 CEO of Hilton Hotels, 1996-2007
Matthew J. Hart Business c. 1953 CEO of Hilton Hotels
Marie L. Knowles Business c. 1947 CFO of ARCO, 1996-2000
Richard C. Kraemer Business c. 1944 President of UDC Homes, 1985-96
Bob Miller Politician 30-Mar-1945 Governor of Nevada, 1989-99
Denise M. O'Leary Business c. 1957 Former Partner, Menlo Ventures
Doug Parker Business c. 1962 CEO of US Airways
Raymond S. Troubh Business 3-May-1926 Independent Financial Consultant
J. Steven Whisler Business 23-Nov-1954 CEO of Phelps Dodge, 2000-07

(MoneyWatch) If US Airways (LCC) and American Airlines (AAMRQ) merge, what will that mean for you, the beleaguered traveler? It probably won't surprise you to hear that it would likely lead to higher ticket prices. That's the assessment of CBS News travel editor Peter Greenberg, who spoke to MoneyWatch.com from the Mediterranean, where he is aboard the cruise ship Seven Seas Mariner.

MoneyWatch: Peter, is this merger really going to happen?

Peter Greenberg: First, you can't see something like this happening for 18 months. There will be antitrust review before American could even leave bankruptcy. That said, [US Airways CEO] Doug Parker has been meeting with American's creditors, and, according to sources I've spoken to, promising to make them whole. If the majority of those creditors are on board, he's in a good position to pull this off. He can go down to the judge in Delaware and say, hey, I've got a plan and the creditors are on board. And what judge is going to throw that out?

MW: So if a merger happens, would fliers see fewer routes? What would the airline be called?

PG: I would expect little change in terms of routes. There's not too much overlap between the carriers, and US Airways is much smaller, with just 8 percent of the market [American has 13 percent]. I suppose it would be in US Airways best interest to lose the name and go with American.

MW: What other changes would fliers see?

PG: There would be a merging of frequent-flier programs and a diminishing availability of reward seats. There's no point in giving away seats in a frequent-flier program if you are only three airlines. But the programs will stick around -- these companies actually make more money from frequent-flier programs than they make from being airlines. But instead of getting a free ticket, you'll get a toaster.

MW: And of course ticket prices will rise....

PG: Anytime you shrink capacity and jettison certain routes, airfares have nowhere to go but up. They're already climbing: The cost of a flight to Europe is up 22 percent over last year. From a business standpoint, a merger is a smart move for these companies. In the past you'd always have some low-cost carrier come in to fill the void [and keep downward pressure on ticket prices.] Now we don't have those. Maybe a small airline comes in and cherry-picks a few routes, but not many.

MW: So it doesn't sound like this is good news for travelers, while historically airlines have been a terrible business. Will this consolidation finally help them make money?

PG: All the major airlines are turning a profit right now. They're not doing it on ticket prices, however. The industry brought in $32.5 billion in revenue in checked bags and other ancillary fees last year.

When did I dispute who purchased who? I stated that US was never on ch 7, and that is correct. I don't, and never did care what uniform I wore, or who printed my check as long as I got one.
For all you know, Doug may have just sold you down the river.....

I've got to say that you have a bizarre vision of who you are dealing with. Hell I most likely have been around since you were a kid watching airplanes taking off from the airport, what do you have, a whopping 10 years under your belt? Are you one of the guys crying in the PHX town halls all of the time? Awe shucks Doug, what about me?

When did I dispute who purchased who? I stated that US was never on ch 7, and that is correct. I don't, and never did care what uniform I wore, or who printed my check as long as I got one.

I've got to say that you have a bizarre vision of who you are dealing with. Hell I most likely have been around since you were a kid watching airplanes taking off from the airport, what do you have, a whopping 10 years under your belt? Are you one of the guys crying in the PHX town halls all of the time? Awe shucks Doug, what about me?
The way that you East and West guys fight make it very very hard to understand why we bought into what Doug Parker was selling. Seriously, what do you guys have to gain if this becomes a go? It is like Bizarro World and APA gets to be the adults in the room and save the day. Craziness at its finest.

The way that you East and West guys fight make it very very hard to understand why we bought into what Doug Parker was selling. Seriously, what do you guys have to gain if this becomes a go? It is like Bizarro World and APA gets to be the adults in the room and save the day. Craziness at its finest.
Looks like we will take it in the shorts like the TWA guys, carma goes around, OCC sen date = date of purchase...................... :lol:

You probably were playing with your Tonka Toys when I started flying in 1978. Yea I watched airplanes taking off from the airport decided to sweep hangars and bag groceries to pay for flying lessons. I earned my license before I even graduated high school. Here we sit today, you get to watch me as I take off from CLT, PHL, BOS, DCA or wherever you are.

Like I said, I don't bother going to listen to his BS at town halls. I'd rather hop in my Yukon and head to Arizona's high country for a day of fishing or am elk hunt. I'm curious,
are you one of those Prius drivers in the fast lane with your whirled peas, coexist bumper stickers? People like you annoy me. <_<

Latest posts