US Airways employees get $47M in profit sharing

And Hope,

I guess you have forgotten you had a first CBA which is a starting point, three rounds of concessions in two bankruptcies and one transition agreement.

You have never been in a position of strength for negotiations. You always seem to want to blame mechanics and we had nothing to do with your CBAs, you forgotten the M&R had been represented by the IAM and under contract since 1949, we gave up way more than fleet, we lost 40% of the workforce after bankruptcy part II.

And you still have failed to answer questions asked of you.

The reality is your own group negotiated and ratified all your CBAs, the only people have you to blame is yourselves, you never stood up to the company at all.

It took the blood bath of 1992 to get your group unionized and it still took three years after that, and yes I have to agree your first CBA took way too long, but M&R we took 4 1/2 years and voted one CBA down from 1995 till 1999.

Its about time you and your group stop blaming everyone else and accept you did it to yourself with help from the company.

Reactions: 1 person
700, Please, both you and I know better. It's always great to see guys you worked with and they (still very active in the IAM) dont understand WHY we are bitter. Please, you need to remember which station I work and MANY of the IAM guys are from there. The only one who honestly seemed to care is Joe M. , The rest of them, its all about them and since you worked with them in the IAM, you know exactly what I am talking about. Sadly, too many people pushed for the IAM and the Teamsters lost out. They did have BOS,BUF,PHL & PIT Prior to Merger with PI/PSA.

And those four stations made less than the non-union stations and you had the chance to vote them in, still have your quarter Uncle Ed?

I know where you came from, Joe M and Tommy R are good guys, Joe retired and they kicked Tommy up to the Grand Lodge.

I know what you speak of, but the bottom line is your group negotiated and ratified what your working under, and the hubs always carry the vote, even in the M&R group.

The IBT hasnt faired any better in the airline industry, they screwed over the PSA rampers, WN's AMTs voted them out, UA's M&R cant stand them, NW FAs voted them out.

No union has been successful in the industry since 9/11.

And it will be interesting to see if CO ramp keeps them, the got them a real POS for a first CBA.

And those four stations made less than the non-union stations and you had the chance to vote them in, still have your quarter Uncle Ed?

I know where you came from, Joe M and Tommy R are good guys, Joe retired and they kicked Tommy up to the Grand Lodge.

I know what you speak of, but the bottom line is your group negotiated and ratified what your working under, and the hubs always carry the vote, even in the M&R group.

The IBT hasnt faired any better in the airline industry, they screwed over the PSA rampers, WN's AMTs voted them out, UA's M&R cant stand them, NW FAs voted them out.

No union has been successful in the industry since 9/11.

And it will be interesting to see if CO ramp keeps them, the got them a real POS for a first CBA.

We Agree ! The Airline Industry is Horrible and always will be and the Employees will suffer as the Top Dogs make tons of Money off the Employees Backs.

Joe M, Tony G, Steve Cooke from UA, Chick Kavros from US all taught me well. Even the short time I had with William O'Driscoll, I learned a lot and used it to help my members.

Now what every the M&R group gets and a new CBA
The Fleet Service should get the same percentage raise and benefits and work rules

That makes no sense John John, its apples to oranges.

The M&R have been under a CBA since 1949, Fleet only since 1999.

Its different jobs, scope and etc..

With your logic then the flight attendants, CSA and Telephone workers should get the same too, since they are all the same union.

I cant see mechanics should make any less than fsa because they are on the line when it comes to ensuring the safety of the aircraft before flight as are the flight crews but Id like to see FSA get better scop/language, sick, wages, etc

The M&R have been under a CBA since 1949, Fleet only since 1999.

Its different jobs, scope and etc..
Every union is starting at square one.
What IAM M/R had is gone the judge sought to that
All unions are waiting in the same line
If IAM M/R gets an increase in pension.
Fleet should get the same increase. If IAM M/R gets a 4% raise for the life of the contract so should fleet service.
Same union same company
Ramp, operations, catering, tower , mechanics ,GSE, utility, stock clerks stores,
After all both IAM fleet service and IAM M/R didn’t get the profit sharing

Doesnt work that way, since CSA, RES and FAs are CWA do they all get the same? Same union same company.

Nope, apples and oranges, but I guess you dont understand that, and M&R still has more than fleet in regards to scope etc... under the CBA.

john it cant work that way. Mechanics are on the front lines and and ensures that the aircraft have to be in proper working orders because if not their careers are jepordized just as the flight crews who fly them

Reactions: 2 people
john it cant work that way. Mechanics are on the front lines and and ensures that the aircraft have to be in proper working orders because if not their careers are jepordized just as the flight crews who fly them
And were does GSE, utility, stock clerks stores, fall in this apples and oranges comparisons

Maybe in IAM 141 with Ramp, operations, catering, tower

Class and Craft says they are M&R, everyone under the same CBA gets the same % raise.

And keep avoiding the questions about Res, AFA, and CSA about the same union, so they should get the same and shouldnt Piedmont get the same as they are now CWA?