Us Airways Machinists Blast Ceo

mweiss said:
You don't have the opportunity to do otherwise, that's why. If you plan on waiting until Siegel is gone, you might as well get another job now.
Anyone with common sense is doing just that and at the same time telling DS to give it up because obviously he's in over his head bringing the entire ship down with his leadership of strong handling employees with punitive actions and military style discipline policies that only make grown men more resistive to his demands.

“Don’t have the opportunityâ€￾ This statement is for boys and not grown men who make opportunities happen and don’t wait for miracles to occur, which are impossible given the woefully failed leadership we had cast upon us.

mwereplanes said:
fli:

No one here doesn't understand changes have to be made. No one. But Siegel took us into BK. Then out. That is the difference between us DAL, CAL, AMR, UAL etc.. He has failed.

We will give. When we have someone in charge who knows what to do with what he is given. Obviously Siegel doesn't. That is the point. That is the reality. Our heads are not in the sand. We know what is at stake. Problem is, the guy in charge can't make this thing work. Why continue to finance his incompetence? Can you answer that?

mr
Frankly, Im not sure anyone would have done any better. You only have to look at the other airlines. You cant say Us was better off going into 9/11 You just cant We were much worse off than others, why is it so hard for you to see that .... He isnt perfect but he is what u will work with, he isnt the one who rammed plans into our buildings... he isnt the one who took us deep in to debt and who began dismantling us prior to UAL merger. You wanna spend your hard earned energy and money on blasting dave .. have at it, but what a waste...

700UW said:
WN and CO, did not layoff ONE single employee after 9/11.
CAL did layoff employees You are incorrect. There were thousands who took vol furloughs and attrition . Get your facts straight. MY Family works for CAL !!!!!!!!!!!! Sept. 26, 2001, 11:37AM

Continental layoffs shrink as employees take leaves
From staff and wire reports

Houston-based Continental Airlines said today about 1,000 employees will take voluntary leaves of absence that keep their benefits intact, lowering the number of projected layoffs.

The airline originally had estimated it would need to lay off around 12,000 employees in the wake of the four plane hijackings that left many Americans afraid to fly. Continental said last week that the ultimate number of people laid off may be around 10,500, depending on how many of the employees who received offers from Continental for leaves or early retirement accepted.

The Houston-based airline also said today it will spend more than $60 million to pay for severance packages and similar benefits and that employee profit sharing will not occur this year.

to take pay cuts.

Continental was one of several airlines to announce layoffs in the wake of the terrorist attacks and subsequent plunging ridership.

"This furlough was one of the most painful events we have had to experience," said Gordon Bethune, Continental's chairman and chief executive officer. "We believe that employees should always be treated with dignity and respect, especially when we are forced to make these tough decisions."

, Los Angeles and Newark, N.J.

Associated Press contributed to this report.

and more ...... Posted: Mar 20 2003, 04:31 AM

Continental to cut 1,200 jobs, seeks $500 mln cuts

By Jonathan Stempel

NEW YORK, March 19 (Reuters) - Continental Airlines Inc. (CAL.N), the No. 5 U.S. carrier, said on Wednesday it will cut 1,200 jobs by year end and is targeting $500 million of annual cost cuts as the threat of war and a weak economy convince more travelers not to fly.

The company said it would cut about 125 pilots, 500 reservation agents, 350 airport agents and 225 other employees by year end, or about 2.5 percent of its total work force. It said a U.S.-Iraq war that lasts more than a month might lead to further cost cuts.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/030319/airlines_co...tal_cuts_3.html

cavalier said:
“Don’t have the opportunityâ€￾ This statement is for boys...
You misunderstand me. I mean that you don't have the opportunity to wait for better leadership to come to US Airways.

Funny... I dont remember reading where Co or Cal employees gave over a billion dollars in concessions and then being told they need to give more.

I find it interesting that the IAM blasts Siegel when the company can elect to not negotiate with the IAM on the "Going Forward Plan", thus making the union irrelevant. maybe the company will and maybe they will not.

There is a huge risk for the IAM waiting for the Arbitrator's A320 overhaul outsourcing Opinion & Award.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

colorado_cowboy said:
Funny... I dont remember reading where Co or Cal employees gave over a billion dollars in concessions and then being told they need to give more.
Whats funny? The fact that CO had already gone through multiple BKs to get the over ONE BILLion and MORe than that years ago. Usairways was not in the same position that other carriers were. Dave didnt do that.... Past management did that! Whats so hard to understand about that . You can comprehend whats funny but not reality?

USA320Pilot said:
I find it interesting that the IAM blasts Siegel when the company can elect to not negotiate with the IAM on the "Going Forward Plan", thus making the union irrelevant. maybe the company will and maybe they will not.

There is a huge risk for the IAM waiting for the Arbitrator's A320 overhaul outsourcing Opinion & Award.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
And, I find it to the point of nauseating your obsession with what the IAM may or may not do, especially since at one time you made is clear it was none of your business. Then again like our leadership, words spoken mean nothing, carry no weight, and are as empty and hollow as our leadership’s directional business compass.

The fact that CO had already gone through multiple BKs to get the over ONE BILLion and MORe than that years ago
Fliboi you want to talk about facts? Fact is your days as a U employee are numbered!
If DS steps down and a new CEO takes over the first thing that person will do is replace DS's cronies... which would be you and if DS decides to stick it out this airline will be a thing of the past. Either way... your outta here.
BTW... you and you alone are the reason why I use the signature I do! No point in trying to slam me I wont be returning to this thread.

USA320Pilot said:

Regards,

USA320Pilot
...and just how in the heck can the company simply just "Elect" to not work with a union that they have had over 50 years of history with?

The only way the company can elect to not work with the IAM is to return to the BK Courts and then hope and pray to show sound reason to abrogate the contract with the IAM.

I strongly suggest that you get on your knees and pray to what ever you worship , other than Seigel for a change....and ask that another trip to BK doesn't take place for a couple of reasons.

(1)...U would likely die before it could emerge or even get positioned to do so

(2)...More than just the IAM's contracts might get hammered while the doors are open. See yourself plodding along in your Airbus at a Jetstream 31's captains pay rate. Be carefull what you ask for cheeser...You just might get it.

Cowboy slams and runs doesnt he? Thats the third time hes said no point cuz hes not playing any more ! Awhhhhh....

:lol: usfliboi, Is it surprising that "nobody" wants to stay and "play" with you...... You seem to think the IAM is why things are bad.......Where were you when CHAOS started...on the sidelines, as usual. I am strong enough to make my own decisions, don't lecture ME, on what I should do for YOU!!!!!!!

REGARDS,,,,,,,,, :up: :up: