Us Airways Machinists Blast Ceo

It looks like the IAM is becoming desperate. The union lost the A320 heavy maintenance outsourcing legal battle, has a long history of losing grievances, is facing the rejection of the Pittsburgh maintenance facility, and a probable acceleration of the retirement of the entire Boeing fleet.

Therefore, instead of responding to the company's proposal to conduct overhaul in-house why not blast management?

Regardless, there is reason to believe the company may no longer be interested in negotiating with the IAM and the union may have become irrelevant. It may sound good to pound your chest in the media, but it sure doesn't help pay the bills.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Man, maybe we need to call the chief pilot's office and get you evaulated because you are not rational.

Desperate? The only desperate one is YOU, you post wrong info time after time, why are you so concerned with the IAM, worry about ALPA as we know you MEC is gonna give away the house.

The IAM has won numerous arbitrations and grievances against this company, now tell me how we lost? You are grasping at straws now, you sound like a dying and desperate man.

And let me tell you for the 100th time, the Dunsford Arbitration the company CANNOT CLOSE DOWN A FACILITY TO BYPASS THE CBA!

I am getting concerned about your mental status, I think you need to take a break because you are the only non-IAM member obsessed with the hardline we are taking.

Hey I still have my pension!

Here, why don't you call Bill Pollock desperate, maybe I will call him and he will have to put out a press release denying association to you again.

From the ALPA MEC:

MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE
December 19, 2003

This is MEC Chairman Bill Pollock with a US Airways MEC update for Friday, December 19th, with one new item.

In this update I will reaffirm the position of ALPA with regards to the senior management team at US Airways. Simply, our goal, as pilots of US Airways, is to see the Company succeed. However, we lack confidence in its current management team led by David Siegel and Neal Cohen and seek their resignation so that the company may prosper under imaginative, resourceful and respectful airline leaders.

Additionally, the chairman of US Airways, Dr. David Bronner, publicly revealed in a press interview that I, as a Board member, left a meeting of the corporate Board in response to comments by Dr. Bronner concerning the status of senior management. Dr. Bronner has also publicly revealed his view that I somehow breached Board confidentiality because ALPA has called for the removal of senior management and has suggested that I resign. In fact, Dr. Bronner has also written to me to the same effect, and in that letter, he went even further, threatening to refer this matter to the corporate governance committee for consideration of my removal if I did not issue a public apology.

Aside from the irony of Dr. Bronner's complaint about anyone revealing Board deliberations, I have made clear that there will be no apology. I have further advised Dr. Bronner that the corporate chairman's statements are an unlawful threat of retaliation. As you know, a public call for removal of senior management was issued by ALPA, in accordance with its rights under the Railway Labor Act. As I reminded Dr. Bronner, no Board confidentiality was even involved in that public demand. I have also informed Dr. Bronner, the Railway Labor Act prohibits Dr. Bronner's threat to retaliate against me for this union statement. Finally, the agreement between ALPA and US Airways provides that the MEC decides on selection and removal of the pilot director.

ALPA regrets the necessity of a public discussion of these events, made necessary by Dr. Bronner's public statements. We continue to request that the corporate Board of Directors, and its leadership, focus on the necessity of making this airline survive and prosper

From the newpaper:

US Airways pilots want CEO and CFO booted
Jeanine Herbst
Contributing writer
After disappointing third-quarter results for US Airways, the carrier's pilots union is calling for the ouster of the airline's top management -- CEO David Siegel and CFO Neal Cohen.

Siegel, who led the Arlington-based airline through its bankruptcy reorganization, told workers more cuts would be needed to make the bottom line and compete with low-cost carriers, particularly Southwest Airlines .

Southwest will be offering service to US Airways' Philadelphia base next May.

The pilots have supported Siegel and Cohen through two restructuring plans, says Capt. Bill Pollock, chairman of US Airways pilots' Master Executive Council, a unit of the Air Line Pilots Association. But the management is unable to produce positive results after emerging from bankruptcy last spring, he says in a statement.

"Pay, benefits and work rules have been slashed and the pilots' pension plan has been terminated," Pollock says. "We've given billions of dollars' worth of concessions, the largest concessionary package in the history of commercial aviation. In bankruptcy, these senior executives had every tool, every advantage they needed, to turn the airline around -- yet they've failed."

The pilots have already agreed to concessions giving the airline up to $6 million in savings over the next six years.

US Airways' labor costs already are at or below industry standards, and the airline's problem is not labor, Pollock says.

"The problems are high operating costs and low revenues resulting from failed business strategies," he says. "We've emerged from fiscal bankruptcy, but we're hamstrung by a management that remains bankrupt of vision, leadership, management skills and ideas."

The council represents more than 5,000 pilots at US Airways.

So is your union desperate?

...and if any of your half-truths were remotely correct? , exactly how does this become your business or concern?

Look Dude...you are a Pilot , so whatever the course the IAM's and the Companies disagreements take? You should not be worrying your weave outta shape over it.

We will make our choices and live with the good or the bad that come from those choices. You just need to worry about the things that impact you..and by my count they should be plenty.

(1) You work for a rudderless airline that few see any promise in from the financial community

(2) You are ever so eager to offer up more to people whom have already skulled you but good ( Your Pension)....yet like a whipped pup you clammer back for another wrap in the head. Those that fail to learn from the past are earmarked as fools in my corner of the world

(3) Your chances of obtaining work on par with what you are making now are far less than the guy making 1/3rd your current salary...so whom is in the seat of worry here?...and if worry isn't an accurate portrayal of you position? Why do you care what the other person is doing so much?

USA320Pilot said:
The union lost the A320 heavy maintenance outsourcing legal battle...
Do you have any proof that this has been "lost". You state this as fact and past tense. Yet, I have seen no information regarding this arbitration in the press. Normally, such events warrant a statement from the company or the union issued in the public realm. Please provide a link or source to such information.

Separately, I do not understand why you seem so hell-bent on opposing the IAM. You are personnally reliant on their members to deliver to you a safe aircraft, with the exception of a few heavy checks. You, for your livelihood and your very safety, must rely on the work of these union members. It would seem to me that you would not want to personally upset them, chastise them, patronize them, etc. Especially since they know who you are, due to your past voluntary self-identification.

I don't mean for this to sound "threatening", but it seems to me that US Airways needs its team to stand together, and all you do is put strain on that teamwork spirit. What if you request a favor of an IAM member, who because of your postings here, makes it a low priority. Perhaps your flight is delayed longer than it could have been, maybe there is an effect on the "passenger experience," I don't know. What I do know is that your posts tend to drive a wedge between employee groups at a time when teamwork is needed more than ever.... When the team does not play the game together, the team loses... This is just an observation.

The arbitration has not been held, the IAM has chosen their choice for the arbiter, waiting on the company to agree or disagree.

You have to remember, he does not post accurate facts, he posts his version and he repeats it so much so he can believe it is the truth.

It looks like the IAM is becoming desperate. The union lost the A320 heavy maintenance outsourcing legal battle, has a long history of losing grievances, is facing the rejection of the Pittsburgh maintenance facility, and a probable acceleration of the retirement of the entire Boeing fleet.

A320,
I believe there are numerous responses to your comment and most of those who replied to your response are anxiously awaiting some sort of acknowledgement from you.
Please Captain, enlighten us with your advanced wisdom and knowledge of how desperate the IAM is and how the IAM has already (legally) lost the outsourcing of the Airbii.

He won't respond, his M.O. when called out and proven wrong it to simply ignore it, wait a few days and post the same diatribe.

Don't worry USA320Pilot I will take real good care of the nurse when you are off recovering from your panic attacks. My guess is she needs a break anyhow.

Back