Us Airways Machinists Blast Ceo

One thing, I would really like to know this....tell me....when You All find out what the "Painful Clause" will be....Please.!!!! I need to get some sleep at night. ;) :rolleyes: :huh: :rolleyes: :)

usfliboi said:
. In fact those who refuse to take any further cuts, why dont you all ban to gether and walk out of work..... today? Do it when theres a lot of work to be done, make a point say it loudly! I mean you make nothing now but pennies and will make less soon. I admire you for your stance and good luck
usbliboi,

Are you trying to call for an illegal job action? Do you know you can be sued/terminated? :(

Yipes!

ktflyhome
Posted on Apr 1 2004, 10:21 PM

One thing, I would really like to know this....tell me....when You All find out what the "Painful Clause" will be....Please.!!!!
Ktflyhome,

Though not explictly explained, he alluded to this. That the company can conduct maintenance at any location they choose to. And that if the mechanics would not play nice, the company would shut down the current maintenace stations, and move them to someplace unpleasant to live. Where ever that may be. (?)

Word is an arbitrator has been selected and the hearing is scheduled to begin the end of April, so contrary to what the "Great One" has stated the IAM has not lost the Airbus outsourcing issue.

Piney Bob, don't get me wrong...I am frightened and scared at the possiblity of losing my job and starting over. You would be crazy not to let it bother you, in fact over the weekend in Pit they another mechanic who took his own life. But my opinion is I am backed into a corner and have been left with no choice but to fight!

AP Tech said:
But my opinion is I am backed into a corner and have been left with no choice but to fight!
APTECH - You do have a choice you can recognize the market realities of the airline industry today and say I want to still be a part of it and therefore relize that I need to be happy with a new personal economic situation or begin looking for another option, becasue if you are not willing to change you will be forced to seek and another option. Bob Crandell hit the nail on the head the other day. "you have the passenger and employees fighting for the same dollar and the passengers are winning".

The IAM is very concerned about its fate in the airline industry while they have over 600k members they are facing daily challenges to their position by AMFA, and as such have begun to emulate traditional AMFA stances to issues. Lots of politics here, unfortunately many employees jobs are at stake while a union fights for its survival.

700, I've been following a lot of these posts lately. Especially like you, and 320 pilot going back and forth! Productive???...NO. Entertaining??? Hardly! Look, the "hard-line" union mentality of pounding your chest, and "standing up" for the "poor working man" against corporate "GREED", is SOOOOOO boring!! Don't get me wrong, there are pathetic acts from this management team that ALL work groups have seen, and can agree with. But, if you truly think that in this stage of the airline industry that coal miner tactics are going to work, you, my friend, are the one in need of some serious therapy. Get a grip! The OLD days of the airline industry are OVER!!! NEVER to return. I, like all who post here, truly wish it did not come to this, but, it has. Finally, I specifically want to respond to your quote about the company "CANNOT CLOSE DOWN A FACILITY TO BYPASS THE CBA"(Did you hear that)? :D 700, wherever you may work, CLT,PIT,PHL, Go tell a coworker from TAMPA MAINTENANCE about your statement, and see what kind of response you receive!!!!!!!!!! GOOD DAY........MORE LATER!

real world
Posted on Apr 2 2004, 01:53 AM

The IAM is very concerned about its fate in the airline industry while they have over 600k members they are facing daily challenges to their position by AMFA, and as such have begun to emulate traditional AMFA stances to issues. Lots of politics here, unfortunately many employees jobs are at stake while a union fights for its survival.
real world,

After months of reading your posts, I am shocked to see you say something I agree with. The IAM has been forced by their AMFA competitors to take a very hard line stance. Thank God! Such is the new market realities for Unions.

And yes, there is alot of politics going on here. Probably alot more than even you would like to admit to.

UNION!

PITbull said:
usbliboi,

Are you trying to call for an illegal job action? Do you know you can be sued/terminated? :(

Yipes!
Ummm No ! Im saying QUIT!

Latest posts

Back