US Changing mind about LGA terminal swap with Delta?

This constant drumbeat of a merger is laughable. NOBODY (besides a short sightsighted bean counter in AZ) wants anything to do with Titanic Airways.
Just touching the black topped death of US Air destroyed three great independent airlines; PSA, Piedmont and America West.
NOBODY is comig to save US. They will just wait until US collpses due to the shrinkage of the West and the high costs of the east then fight over the few assets left.
Delta and AA will divide up DC and LGA, Southwest will take over PHX, CLT and PHL and jetBlue will takeover the Shuttle and BOS.
Doogie will move on with millions, the West will wonder what happened and the East will claim victory for living 6 years longer with no Nic.
See you all in the unemployment line! :up:

This constant drumbeat of a merger is laughable. NOBODY (besides a short sightsighted bean counter in AZ) wants anything to do with Titanic Airways.
Just touching the black topped death of US Air destroyed three great independent airlines; PSA, Piedmont and America West.
NOBODY is comig to save US. They will just wait until US collpses due to the shrinkage of the West and the high costs of the east then fight over the few assets left.
Delta and AA will divide up DC and LGA, Southwest will take over PHX, CLT and PHL and jetBlue will takeover the Shuttle and BOS.
Doogie will move on with millions, the West will wonder what happened and the East will claim victory for living 6 years longer with no Nic.

Sadly I tend to agree!

My heart goes out to those who worked their assets off to make the enterprise go.

Doug Parker and Scott Kirby by focusing on the number instead of the customers and employees will be the ultimate downfall of US Airways.

At the Thursday, January 14 CLT Crew News session Doug Parker told pilots he spent Wednesday, January 13 in DCA with DL CEO Richard Anderson and DL ALPA MEC Chairman Lee Moak disucssing the Slot Transaction with the DOT to get the deal approved.

What!!!???? :shock: Doug didn't get Mike Cleary invited to the meeting? I'm incensed!

This is a pretty good summation of our situation, and I especially agree with the the phrases I bolded. Well stated.

Doug Parker and Scott Kirby by focusing on the number instead of the customers and employees will be the ultimate downfall of US Airways.

Bingo!!

Given the fact that US Airways has not yet managed to merge either its pilot or its f/a seniority lists, and given the bitterness and rancor created by the way the lists were combined here at AA, who in their right mind would even consider a combination (merger/purchase/whatever) of US Airways and AA?

Oh, and our flight attendant union just got a constitutional amendment passed that denies voting privileges to f/as on furlough unless they are current in dues payment. So, there is no chance that the US Airways f/as combined with the former TW f/as could vote out the APFA or vote in AFA. For that matter, considering the DOH of most former TW f/as, if a combined US/former TW vote successfully brought in the AFA, the AFA DOH policy would result in hundreds, if not thousands of US Airways f/as being furloughed.

Does any of this make an AA/LCC merger seem appealing from a business standpoint to anyone? If so, may I suggest professional help? :lol:

Get over yourselves. US Airways is still here and more US Airways than anything else. It never goes anywhere, it just morphs into another incarnation. It's currently seems to be in the process of moving away from it's low rent America West version and back to the business of being a traditional network carrier. It needs to if it wants to be part of the three or four that will remain.

If someone wants to merge with US (and this time it would be a big one), it's going to happen regardless of the ramblings or self-righteousness of some mechanic or F/A. I'm not proud of the current state of US either, but hey, it's still here and more likely than not still will be in some form.

As far as 'connecting in LGA' I guess whoever said that hasn't figured out that the only non-Shuttle markets served will be CLT and PHL, both of which are served much more directly from DCA and BOS, same goes for PIT. The one lone oddball route will be ILM, which a BOS or DCA customer would connect via PHL or CLT to (unless ILM is a DCA route, in which case even better). There's no practical reason at all to be connecting from the US Airways Shuttle to US Airways/Express in LGA.

I think we keep forgetting this is USAirways in name ONLY!! Don't let the wolf in sheeps clothing fool you

:eek:ff: The topic is not AA, OneWorld, or JAL. Back on topic, please. Otherwise, the thread will be closed. :eek:ff:

Post have been deleted.

1/19/10 update: One last chance to keep this thread opened. If you have a problem with moderator posts/actions, use the report feature. Posting a public challenge to moderator actions earns automatic time off.

Back