US Fleet Service Topic 4/30-

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe he was speaking of mental heath no one would deny him that

seriously dude it's frightening you have access to an airplane

have you considered the helpline?

Brother and sisters of PHX:

I will advise you to listen to Mr. Tony D. He has done more good things for CLT in the last couple years than I ever thought would be possible. His accomplishments are too numerous to list here but rest assured the list is very long. Tony is a very passionate individual who honestly and truely cares for each and every one of us. I have the utmost respect for him and would do anything he ask of me. It is because of Tony's strong convictions that I decided I myself needed to become involved in the IAM and joined the Safety Committee.

Tony is now in a postion to help the entire membership and I have no doubt he will do good things. Reach out to him and together we can make our jobs and the ramps we work better for all. If you have any questions or need help with anything contact me through PMs.

Joe:
I can only hope our friends in the West will listen & stop the way they are working.

Harry the thing is Tony can help in so many ways. If people will allow him to help he will gladly do so but he cannot do it without the involvement of the membership.

Brother and sisters of PHX:

I will advise you to listen to Mr. Tony D. He has done more good things for CLT in the last couple years than I ever thought would be possible. His accomplishments are too numerous to list here but rest assured the list is very long. Tony is a very passionate individual who honestly and truely cares for each and every one of us. I have the utmost respect for him and would do anything he ask of me. It is because of Tony's strong convictions that I decided I myself needed to become involved in the IAM and joined the Safety Committee.

Tony is now in a postion to help the entire membership and I have no doubt he will do good things. Reach out to him and together we can make our jobs and the ramps we work better for all. If you have any questions or need help with anything contact me through PMs.

Tony D is doing a great job in PHL on the process of building Safety and security on the ramp. Its been a major improvement since he got the job.

This ramper Thanks Tony

maybe he was speaking of mental heath no one would deny him that

seriously dude it's frightening you have access to an airplane

have you considered the helpline?

i'd like it if you stoped calling me crazy LOL ... if i recall YOUR the one who wanted to wait out the contract ... DEC31st 2009 :up:

As to the health scare what i was proposing was simple in theory .. with the WHO and the CDC and mass panic at the start of all of this , it would have been consdierably easier to talk the ccompany into letting us use our sick days by linking it to the helath scare .. Our union should have DEMADNED a temporary change to the sick policy due to the swine flu .. it wouold have been harder for the company to object to allowing it's workers to use their sick days when their showing death tolls oin mexico and blazing the news 24/7 with updates on the flu ...

As to the health scare what i was proposing was simple in theory .. with the WHO and the CDC and mass panic at the start of all of this , it would have been consdierably easier to talk the ccompany into letting us use our sick days by linking it to the helath scare .. Our union should have DEMADNED a temporary change to the sick policy due to the swine flu .. it wouold have been harder for the company to object to allowing it's workers to use their sick days when their showing death tolls oin mexico and blazing the news 24/7 with updates on the flu ...

Relative to other posters who support "work slow," errrr... "work safe," your position appears reasonable. Either way, both advocates are using excuses and reasons as not to work efficiently under the banner of workplace safety and employee health in order to push an unrelated agenda.

So Bifurcates Jester.

Mr. Jester

I am an advocate of "working safe". No one said that is synonymous with "working slow". I take no delays, load all cargo, and zone load the flights all the while working safe. Why do you insist on being the antagonist on this board?

Hey Joe D....you R doing the right thing....however "book" smart Jester thinks he is ,his/her ramp common sense has not yet kicked in....I hope a blown back/knee etc. does'nt have to make it's point ,so emplores the Jett..........

Relative to other posters who support "work slow," errrr... "work safe," your position appears reasonable. Either way, both advocates are using excuses and reasons as not to work efficiently under the banner of workplace safety and employee health in order to push an unrelated agenda.

So Bifurcates Jester.
Jester, I have read your post for some time, and while I havent posted that long, you seem to be a person that takes pride in his job. I have been with this company since 83, and been in clt since 85, and I can assure you that there are many great workers here like Joe Dirt and O man and many more. There is nothing lazy about them. But I think you are confusing working safe to being lazy. We in the east have found out the hard way many times, that this company just looks at you as a number and nothing more. While many of us, still do love our jobs, we have learned to do it the right way. We get the job done, but get it done safe. You dont have to take peoples advise on here on how you should work, take the time and find it out the hard way, but we know what we are talking about. For so many lazy people in clt, last time I checked we have a pretty good on time record out of here. So props to all the lazy's out there.

Jester, I have read your post for some time, and while I havent posted that long, you seem to be a person that takes pride in his job. I have been with this company since 83, and been in clt since 85, and I can assure you that there are many great workers here like Joe Dirt and O man and many more. There is nothing lazy about them. But I think you are confusing working safe to being lazy. We in the east have found out the hard way many times, that this company just looks at you as a number and nothing more. While many of us, still do love our jobs, we have learned to do it the right way. We get the job done, but get it done safe. You dont have to take peoples advise on here on how you should work, take the time and find it out the hard way, but we know what we are talking about. For so many lazy people in clt, last time I checked we have a pretty good on time record out of here. So props to all the lazy's out there.

Mr. Brown,

Thank-you for that sincere and heartfelt post. Prehaps it is a matter of opinion insofar as to how I read other FSAs call to 'work safe' as if it was a threat or a discrete job action in order "stick it to the Man." Maybe just another union tactic to have more job classifications in order to hire more people. Granted this is a matter of opinion on a tone deaf message board.

However, when I think of more concrete examples of what is considered "work safe," and I'll get back to working alone in the bins... sorry, on a short stack one person is "safe" because it is not much different than tossing a bag to someone near the bulkhead to stack instead. I have done it for a decade and the Southwest guys have been doing it for decades longer too. I know you Easties do not like to be compared to SWA, but if you all want to make the big(ger) bucks, then greater efficiencies will be required (getting more done with less). I have said it before, but if some guy is trying to crowd along with me in the forward bin of B737, then I'll probably think this might be his ramp version of Fire Island. Just last week I was slammed alone in the forward bin of a B737 on a quick turn and stacked over 2,000 pounds of mail, because this is how we roll out West.

I can only conclude one thing, and it is an ugly reality... the Easties are soft or as my daddy use to call such people... "Candies". Honestly, I think much of it goes back to the days when planes arrived and there were a dozen of US Airways guys working a single flight, and that was consider the standard or the norm (and I saw this first hand years before the merger and the subsequent bankruptcies when I would travel non-rev to CLT). That's not how it was done out West as a two man team with one lead were the norm along with one or two runners. No extra teams, no mechanics, and no half dozen runners, unless there are a scores of hot CONX or maybe a quick turn. Finally, in the decade of me working "unsafe," I have never had anything more serious than a muscle spasm or a stiff back... you all should try it sometime.

So Adjudicates Jester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back