US Pilot Labor Thread 11/3-11/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very apt, Nos. Those who have experienced nothing but the gains brought by DOH integration can't understand the fairness of any other method...

Jim

As former southern division, I did not experience any gains by DOH. In fact, the westwhiners would say that I lost a lot in the late eighties when Kagel went DOH. But, in retrospect, I never saw anyone senior to me that had not been on the job longer. And everyone who had been hired after me was behind me. The job/seat I "brought" to the deal didn't change, so I accepted the fact that my progression might suffer. I understood that those hired in front of me belonged there, as they would have been if ALPA had the cajones to come up with a national seniority list (which I always advocated.)

I generally refrain, and discourage others, from posting information originating at a password protected site. Since this particualr information does not deal with any future statagies I've elected to pass it on:

Leonidas Update for November 9, 2008

“It is of great importance in a republic not only to guard the society against the oppression of its rulers, but to guard one part of the society against the injustice of the other part...

....yada, yada, yada...

...It is almost, but not entirely, too late for them to reverse course and start anew.

Ouch....MY EARS!

Sorry....didn't mean to shout. That BS (i.e. bovine feces) alert horn went off REALLY LOUD when my browser displayed that post.

I generally refrain, and discourage others, from posting information originating at a password protected site. Since this particualr information does not deal with any future statagies I've elected to pass it on:

Leonidas Update for November 9, 2008

“It is of great importance in a republic not only to guard the society against the oppression of its rulers, but to guard one part of the society against the injustice of the other part. If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure.â€￾ James Madison, Federalist Papers #51.

President Madison’s words echo a concern which has deep roots in a branch of philosophy known as political philosophy- the study of balancing justice with political order. With the prodding of early Greek...................................

The little lady with the white envelope waiting on the jet way when a plane arrives needs to increase her percentages of random investigations out west.

So being #1 on a seniority list means nothing? It's a faux position unless one has been in the industry longer than anyone else? There's probably more than a few pilots at various airlines that would disagree if you told them they're not really #1 on their list.

Jim

Sorry, I thought we were discussing the combined list - as in who should be #1 when you combine two separate lists.

In other words, you "suffered" much less than many of your East peers will gain, hence a convenient change of heart...

Jim

Jim,
Are you saying some of his East peers will "gain" under Usapa current policy?
If so, plz explain how. Other than potential furlough scenarios I do not see them.
FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back