US Pilots Labor Thread 3/25-4/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have not.

But, you do realize that it's going to be about the DFR question and that based on what we've seen thus far, Judge Wake is unlikely to allow the trial to become a referendum on Sully, the Cactus 18, or anything else.

I understand why USAPA wants a jury, though. It's always been about trying to convince the angry mob.

Yeah, I realize that. I just think the pre-trial score keeping is pretty silly. You never know with a jury and it will be what it will be.

You never know with a jury and it will be what it will be.

Basically true with a small qualifier. The jury will decide based on the evidence presented and any personal leanings one way or the other. It will be up to the judge to determine what evidence is presented to the jury, and so far his rulings seem to indicate that he's a stick to the issue sort of guy. That could mean a lot of arguments made here won't ever be heard by the jury, such as what experience added to Sully's skills, MDA furloughed or not, how "fair" DOH is, every other group using DOH, etc.

Jim

USAPA Runoff Election Results
March 30, 2009

The results of the latest USAPA elections are in.

2009 USAPA Runoff Election
Official Results

The ballots were cast as follows:
TOTAL
President (please select one)

Total
% of Total Votes

Douglas Mowery

Mike Cleary

Total

Vice-President (please select one)

Total
% of Total Votes

Eric Rowe

Randy Mowrey

Total

There were 2,829 eligible voters, for which 2,151 cast ballots, representing 76.0% of the eligible voters.
Of the 2,151 ballots received, 718 (33.4%) were cast via IVR, and 1,433 (66.6%) were cast via the Web.
There were 2 ballots cast in which the voter did not make a selection.
There was 1 ballot declared void.

Basically true with a small qualifier. The jury will decide based on the evidence presented and any personal leanings one way or the other. It will be up to the judge to determine what evidence is presented to the jury, and so far his rulings seem to indicate that he's a stick to the issue sort of guy. That could mean a lot of arguments made here won't ever be heard by the jury, such as what experience added to Sully's skills, MDA furloughed or not, how "fair" DOH is, every other group using DOH, etc.

Jim

Agreed.

Thanks..I'll always fondly recall, and have proper laughter from "the Spartans", whenever envisioning the "heroic warriors" out west :lol: As for whatever comes of the collision of lawyers?..I've never much fretted over such, as it's akin to watching little girls fussing about over a play dinner session, wherein they're fiercely determined to be the one who dominates just how the toy dishes and utensils are set up.

On the issue of "judgement" by way of lawyer successes? Let us not forget that Ojay was found "not guilty"..as was Robert Blake...who was supposedly bolting back inside the restaraunt...where he'd conveniently forgotten the gun used to meanwhile murder his spouse, who was also conveniently parked just outside at the time. Just imagine the odds ;) "Why do you suppose that is?"..given the fantastic condition of the legal "profession" and courts in this country? :rolleyes: :lol: I must naturally take as your inference that Messrs Simpson and Blake must both have been possessed of truly great judgement?,, :lol: After all; didn't their lawyers manage to successfully mock all reason and sanity, and make even the obscenely preposterous actually 'sell" within courtrooms? ;)

There's ample reasons that no shortage of smiles comes from the general public, whenever the old joke of "What's 5,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? = A good start" comes up ;)

How do you do it? How do you manage to consistently say absolutely nothing by using so many words?

I'd cheerfully hand over my seniority to anyone with more time and service performed

Is there anyone alive who is stupid enough to believe that statement? That is the sweetest smelling BS I have yet heard!
Eastus, you have brought the entertainment value of your nonsense up to a whole new level.

I can say with out a doubt that nic award would not fly with any union on the properties with any class and craft with any airline in the United States of America except the pilot groups. The nic award is questionable with in the pilot groups of all airlines. ALPA and the government has already put into place processes to integrated seniority since the questionable nic award

Look to the Delta/Northwest arbitrated combined seniority list. It essentially parallels the Nicolau arbitrated combined seniority list. The difference is that those pilots are grownups who honor their agreements.

So, john john, without a doubt the Nic would and does fly on the property of a major airline in the United States of America.
Please do tell what alpa and "the government" have already put into place since the "questionable nic award".

It essentially parallels the Nicolau arbitrated combined seniority list.
I guess you are right the nic did and will set the precedent for all airline mergers in US of A for the pilot groups. Thank God it is just for the pilots of USA and not the rest of the employees

I guess you are right the nic did and will set the president for all airline mergers in USA for the pilot groups. Thank God it is just for the pilots of USA and not the rest of the employees

You mean precedent instead of president...It's okay to make mistakes John John.

I don't think you'll ever see another list like the Nic. unless you have an airline with 16 year furloughees merge with an airline upgrading captains in 7 years. If US Airways merges again - prepare for another version of the Nic.

Is there anyone alive who is stupid enough to believe that statement? That is the sweetest smelling BS I have yet heard!
Eastus, you have brought the entertainment value of your nonsense up to a whole new level.
He asserts LOS, something your merger committee ignored, to your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back