US Retrofitting A320's?

PHX PHLyer

Advanced
Nov 22, 2006
B/E Aerospace said yesterday that it has been selected to provide main cabin retrofit and new-buy seating programs for some 250 aircraft by US Airways, Frontier Airlines and AirAsia in contracts collectively valued at more than $70 million. The US deal includes retrofitting A320s and equipping new-buy single-aisle aircraft with economy and first class seating.

Link

Do you think is for new leather seating in economy class for A320's? What do you think this is for?

Go to Google. Type in US AIRWAYS COACH SEAT and click on the first site that pops up. Hilarious!

I bet those picks work real well to prevent blood clots. Wonder if that was extra? and the chest strap to keep your face off the seatback, less cleaning.

Tempe, the cutting edge.....

Roger "the cutting edge", and I clearly, as would anyone seated thusly, "get the point" :lol:

I do think that the pictured seat's far too generously wide for coach class though...must be an upgrade.

If BE Aerospace is retrofitting 250 aircraft from Frontier, AirAsia and US Airways the only way I see how they came up that total close to 250 is if you include the A319's and A321's from US Airways too. I hope they look good.

The A319/320/321 are generally referred to as the A320 family, so I'm sure they are not referring to just the actual 320 variant.

Link

Do you think is for new leather seating in economy class for A320's? What do you think this is for?

Maybe leather seats, but article says this contract is also for new planes. Does this mean a big order for Airbus single aisle has been decided on by US ? and following that they're going with Boeing for the wide body.

I am not really sure now. AirAsia has 30 A320's out of a total of 150 orders. The article said "The AirAsia award is a follow-on order for economy seating for new-buy A320s."

AirAsia= 120 remaining A320's

Frontier= Retrofit 10 A318's with 1 on order=11, Retrofit 49 A319's, 20 A320's on order. Total airframes= 70

US Airways= 75 A320's with 9 orders. Total airframes=84

120+70+84= 274

So maybe it is just the A320 fleet. I hope they are not going to try a Metrojet, Song, Ted, disaster.

Latest posts